24 years old! Parents dont want ps4 in there home!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

provocation4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 provocation4
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

So i want to know what you guys think/should do if you are at a age of 24 years old and living at your parents home, and they say they don't want it in there home because they don't like gaming. 2 days ago i just buy a ps4 and didn't listen to them because i think i can buy it because i am 24 years old. They say thinks like if you buy a ps4 you need to go out of the house or put ps4 in the box and i don't want it in or home (like i need to keep it outside the house lol) Let me know what you should do in such a situation. And what you think about it. I now really feel like a 16 year old child LOL (sorry for bad English i am from The Dutch)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Move out.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

It's time to move out of your parent's house. Get a job, save up some money, rent a place of your own. Never have to put up with your parents again.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If your 24yrs old and still living with your parents. It is time to move out on your own. Then you can enjoy your PS4 anytime you want. As for your parents. Disown them they don't sound like they are worthwhile.

24yrs old it is time to leave the nest.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@provocation4 said:

So i want to know what you guys think/should do if you are at a age of 24 years old and living at your parents home, and they say they don't want it in there home because they don't like gaming. 2 days ago i just buy a ps4 and didn't listen to them because i think i can buy it because i am 24 years old. They say thinks like if you buy a ps4 you need to go out of the house or put ps4 in the box and i don't want it in or home (like i need to keep it outside the house lol) Let me know what you should do in such a situation. And what you think about it. I now really feel like a 16 year old child LOL (sorry for bad English i am from The Dutch)

It seems like they are trying to get you to move out. That's an old tactic parents use to encourage stragglers to finally fly from the nest.

It's their home so you have to abide and respect by their rules, but an easy fix is to move out and then play all you want in your own place. They'll be happy you moved and it sounds like you'll be happy too.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It may sound like they're just being asses, but like others have said, the real reasoning for this is probably that your parents want you to move out. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but maybe you're a nuisance to them or they don't want you sitting around at home all the time. I'm almost 20 and still living with my parents, so don't feel too bad. But I do finally have a job, albeit a part-time one. And I can't wait to move out on my own, hopefully in the next few years. It won't hurt to save up a good chunk of money and it'll be easier while I'm still mooching off my parents, at least to an extent.

provocation4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 provocation4
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

thanks for the reply all! I think you guys are right. Weird thing is they always made things easy for me like they let me always work unofficial for my dad and i didnt have to go to school from my 18 till now. So i think i need to go to education first after this summer. Its not that simple to move out if you don't really have money for it. That ps4 toke me 2 months saving LOL. Or i go look for a job now. but dont think thats smart. I think its gonna need some time before i can move out. lol

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

If you're in College and paying for it yourself (loans) tell them to F off. You are your own person. They won't really kick you out for playing video games. No parent, who is actually a good person inside, would kick someone out for something so trivial. Tell them to stop watching TV, reading books, watching films, etc. People have different hobbies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

Ignore the people who are posting to move out, do not ever take those post seriously even if they are being serious about it. You obviously have your reasons for why you have not moved out yet and they do not seem to understand that not everyone can just move out at that age, just because others can. If you have a HDTV in your room, go ahead and keep the PS4 anyways if your parents aren't being serious or can put up with it. If you do not have a HDTV in your room, I recommend returning the PS4 and focusing on what is more important; unless you are willing to purchase a HDTV for yourself.

I know we are taking about a PS4, but when I had my PS3 for example, I used it on a HDTV that I shared with my parents. It got to the point where I had to sleep early and then get up in the middle of the night just to play on my PS3 using the HDTV and it effected college too. My dad ended up getting me a HDTV monitor which I can use for the computer and gaming. I no longer have my PS3, but I am going to get the PS4 if everything works out well for me. If not, I will just stop being a gamer and leave this site as a result, as I have been on hiatus for a very long time with exceptions.

Good luck working it out.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

24?? and still not totally educated???? I mean more the fool you not getting life sorted by now, you need to get yourself a job and become an adult. by the age of 24, you are a fully grown mature adult or should be, more the fools your parents not being strict on you about school.

Ok so if you can't move out and earning very little, my suggestion is save up buy a hdtv for your room or even a pc monitor can be cheaper and have it in your bedroom after that do not play it save up and give parents money for staying there, then play it all you want, at 24 years old they can't tell you what to do, but you still need to respect there views, if they never got you a gaming console before and you've never had one in the house, then you best just keep your before packed up until you can move out, sort yourself out in life then you can do what ever you want.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

you should just move out

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Wait so your 24 living at parents house and are not already done with or almost finished with college or some type of training? What have u been doing for the last 6 years?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

If your looking for support, then you've come to the wrong place. Nobody with any REAL responsibilties is gonna tell you anything other then to move out! Your parents have every right to tell you what to do if your living under their roof....like my parents told me before I moved out..."IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW THE RULES THAT HAVE BEEN SET UP, SEE YA!!! lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

Wait so your 24 living at parents house and are not already done with or almost finished with college or some type of training? What have u been doing for the last 6 years?

I hope he has at least been working!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

As far as your parents telling you no ps4 in their house. To me that means they want you have to get your life in together and as long as your still under their roof in your mid twenties your life is not together yet.

I was in my early 20s when I moved out but before then my dad would always be in my case if I was sitting in my room at their house watching tv or playing games. I worked full or part time depending on if class was going on. Even though I worked and went to school my dad was always on me because I didn't really have a direction. Sure I went to school but it was computer tech and he would ask what I plan on doing with it and who would hire me. I didn't know I just like computers. He was always on me I join a armed force because if I wasn't making the choice of what to do they would make it for me he said.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Kerel, je moet nodig het huis uit. 24 is een goede leeftijd om op jezelf te gaan wonen vind je zelf ook niet? :-)