100+ Games for PS4 in 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

Sony shared this piece of news through a tweet on its official Twitter channel.

"Here's a fun fact: More than 100 PS4 games are planned for release in 2014."

*Below is a photo collage that shows some of the games' logos.

#2 Posted by ristactionjakso (5627 posts) -

And 80-85 of them will be "delayed"

Still 15-20 games through the year will be good for the ps4.

#3 Posted by Celsius765 (598 posts) -

A lot of those are probably indie games which is good it'll help tide over gamers till things speed up. Wii U is doing the exact same thing, it has over 200 games with indie, vc games, and retail games combined

#4 Edited by MarcRecon (5397 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

And 80-85 of them will be "delayed"

Still 15-20 games through the year will be good for the ps4.

Yep, it was already been reported that The Division will be delayed until next year and as you said I'm sure more tittles with follow. But does everybody expect, this is normal for a just released console.

#5 Edited by Grieverr (2546 posts) -

James Pond?!?? They're reviving that?

#6 Posted by marcheegsr (2431 posts) -

Greatness awaits.

#7 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

@Grieverr: If they are still deciding to go with the plans of bringing James Pond back in some way, I hope they do a good job, I have a feeling that will not be the case.

#8 Posted by yokofox33 (28981 posts) -

Infamous is my main title for PS4 this year, but I'm also looking forward to Destiny and a few indie titles.

#9 Posted by pupp3t_mast3r (141 posts) -

The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age might actually come out THIS year? really? Dare we get our hopes up?

#10 Posted by yixingtpot (1317 posts) -

I want Parasite Eve 4, Onimsusha 5, Zone Of The Enders 3, Haunting Ground 2, Fatal Frame 4(not counting that DS? game), Japanese developed Silent Hill, Resident Evil 7 etc.

#11 Posted by dipdish (858 posts) -
#12 Posted by Grieverr (2546 posts) -

@glitter: I just saw the logo in that picture that the OP posted. I didn't know there were plans to bring him back. I'm assuming its a PS1 classics download, not a new game.

Which brings me to the question: how many of these 100 games are actual, full fleshed-out games?

#13 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

@Grieverr: From what I understand there may be a James Pond: Codename Robocod HD remake for PlayStation 4. I believe they were trying to fund it through Kickstarter, but it got cancelled; but I believe they may try again, I am not sure what is going on regarding this. It was planned to be released on Wii U, PlayStation 4, Nintendo 3DS, iOS, Ouya, Linux, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox Live. I do not know if they will try again or what will happen.

Link regarding James Pond: Codename Robocod HD:

#14 Posted by Grieverr (2546 posts) -

@glitter: Ha! I had no idea there was a Kickstarter! Thanks for the link. Seems there wasn't enough interest in it, though.

So I guess the logo in the picture would be referencing the PS1 version. Unless Sony paid to make the game. Which sounds pretty unrealistic seeing the lack of interest in the game.

#15 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69074 posts) -

Looking forward to it

#16 Posted by sakaiXx (50 posts) -

I think we will see more or less a 100+ game on ps4 in 2014 but some of them is in japan/europe territory only which we may not see localized until later next year such as the yakuza franchise, Square/lvl 5 Jrpg stuff etc.