brujagio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brujagio
Member since 2004 • 1372 Posts
My brother bought a controller a long time ago, and now the button doesn't work (well, you need to really press hard to get a response). We're not gonna bother getting it repaired and we don't feel like getting another. So I was thinking it would be possible just to open the controller up and try to fix the problem ourselves. My question is, do they have any tutorials on fixing this problem? Should I even bother doing it? Thanks in advance :)
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
have you tried google? :|
brujagio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brujagio
have you tried google? :|zero9167
Yes...
ThreEve69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ThreEve69
Member since 2005 • 223 Posts

i found some ps2 controllers on ebay...a bundle of eight of them for the price of one.  just get those and sell what you don't use

or you can try to take it apart and fix it, i took mine apart because it rattled getting some of the buttons back was tricky

brujagio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brujagio

i found some ps2 controllers on ebay...a bundle of eight of them for the price of one. just get those and sell what you don't use

or you can try to take it apart and fix it, i took mine apart because it rattled getting some of the buttons back was tricky

ThreEve69
I don't think I'm going to need 8 controllers, even though it'll only be at the same price as one (I'm assuming you mean retail price). Thanks though.
ThreEve69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThreEve69
Member since 2005 • 223 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-PLAYSTATION-2-PS2-CONTROLLERS-BRAND-NEW-WHOLESALE_W0QQitemZ150096463596QQihZ005QQcategoryZ48751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my bad it's only six, but still a hellova deal

barinelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 barinelg
Member since 2003 • 674 Posts
Chances are if your buttons aren't working, the substance used to close the circuit (I think it's graphite, but don't quote me on that) has been worn down from overuse. Taking it apart and looking at the rubber where the buttons actually rest will be your answer. If it is a solid black circle, then its the circuitry on the plastic. If it looks like some is missing, it's the material missing on the rubber. My SNES controller had this same problem and I was able to get it working (for the most part) but taping a small piece of tin foil over the graphite circle.
apu0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 apu0404
Member since 2005 • 3682 Posts
GREAT DEAL
brujagio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brujagio
Chances are if your buttons aren't working, the substance used to close the circuit (I think it's graphite, but don't quote me on that) has been worn down from overuse. Taking it apart and looking at the rubber where the buttons actually rest will be your answer. If it is a solid black circle, then its the circuitry on the plastic. If it looks like some is missing, it's the material missing on the rubber. My SNES controller had this same problem and I was able to get it working (for the most part) but taping a small piece of tin foil over the graphite circle.barinelg
Didn't work :( Now it's more busted than before. Then again, it's not like we lose anything out of it.
barinelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 barinelg
Member since 2003 • 674 Posts
Meh. It was worth a shot. Did numbers on another controller, so thought I'd suggest it.
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 boboboj
Member since 2005 • 3932 Posts
You could buy six controllers and keep 1 then sell the rest at Gamestop or ebay :lol: