BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts
I loved God of war but i never played any devil may cry games, would i enjoy dmc3?
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#2 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Only if you have a desire for pain, torture, and a dedication to win. Something you did not get in GoW. GoW is the kiddy pool, DMC is adults swim.
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
you should get DMC to test out the series, plus its only 10 bucks i think you will like it i got it today, absolutely in love with it :)
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
na.. gow and dmc are diff games.. I prefer gow anyday..rarely play my dmc3.. its hard too..
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
GoW- casual, easy, no skill, mainly eye candy
DMC- lots of skill, hard, intense, good story, awesome characters

if i had to make a list of the best action games it would be like this;

1. DMC3
2. DMC1
3. Ninja Gaiden
4. DMC2
5. GoW
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
They are both great and challenging however, God of War has a much better soundtrack while Devil May Cry has better gameplay and it's really hard to compare both of them since they are both satisfying when it comes to difficulty too. But overall, I liked Devil May Cry 3 more than God of War by a hairpin.
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
GoW- casual, easy, no skill, mainly eye candy
DMC- lots of skill, hard, intense, good story, awesome characters

if i had to make a list of the best action games it would be like this;

1. DMC3
2. DMC1
3. Ninja Gaiden
4. DMC2
5. GoW
dante_123456

Pretty much. God of War as someone else said it, is just a Kiddy pool. DMC on normal is harder than GOW on Spartan.
And comparing the two is like comparing **** and Chocolate. DMC is the best action game series out there. It's gameplay is leagues above the majority. The only game comparable is NG.
walkair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 walkair
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts
They are both great and challenging however, God of War has a much better soundtrack while Devil May Cry has better gameplay and it's really hard to compare both of them since they are both satisfying when it comes to difficulty too. But overall, I liked Devil May Cry 3 more than God of War by a hairpin.ZhenDash

I find DMC3 soundtrack better.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
yes. DMC3 is like GOW on steroids. lots of moves and fast paced action.
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts

I really ddint like dmc. Boring moves and its much more button mashing than gow. And yes it is harder although I was able to end it on the last mode

cusco22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cusco22
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts
sounds like alot of B.S. to me ^^
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#12 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Biggest difference between them is that DMC's cut scenes are really bad. I mean really really bad. The first one in the first game is proof enough.
strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts
i like DMC much, much more. more challenging, and more complex, gameplay and storyline.
ModernTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ModernTimes
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
DMC is much better then GoW but if really don't want your ass handed to you I would stick with lesser titles.
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
Well I am not an action gamer but I enjoyed both games. I did get DMC3:SE since I know I am not dedicated enough to play it normally.
Dust_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dust_Fox
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts
i loved dmc way more than i liked gow. if anything gow is the button masher and dmc is the one that requires skill. it has a wider array of moves and you can make up your own combinations due to the switching in and out of weapons. its definitely harder from the start. the characters are awesomer. they're completely different games but if tou like action at its core then dmc is right for you.
Calulithrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Calulithrar
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
I'd say so, you may even be a bit dissapointed since DMC has a bit less quality to it in my opinion.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
yes. both are the top games on this genre.
blem16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 blem16
Member since 2006 • 526 Posts
DMC3 is a great game in terms of story and gameplay. it requires skill and feels rewarding once you master it. i personally prefer it to GOW. Both games are great but feel very different.
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
You probably will like it. You have to be careful though, in DMC.... you actually need to think about what moves you use and how you maneuver around.
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#21 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Thanks for reviving A REALLY OLD TOPIC lowkey, I'm sure the topic creator has finally made up his or hers mind thanks to you.
Avatar image for NotChrisHansen1
NotChrisHansen1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NotChrisHansen1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Oh yeah, DMC and DMC3 are great, you can pick up the special edition of 3 pretty cheap. DMC2 never happened. GOT IT?!
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

After playing God of War, I was very interested in getting Devil May Cry. In fact, I bought Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition the day that it came out. My impressions...?

The game is awesome. The combat system is deeper than God of War and it is also MUCH faster. It is much harder to defend in this game as there is no "block" button unless you use the Royal Guard fight style (my style of choice). You've got to be on the move, dodging a lot. It's very interesting how you can hear enemies coming a split second before they attack. Having a good sound system really helps when playing this game. It took me a little while to get use to it, but once you do, there is no turning back.

As far as sountracks are concerned, both are awesome. Devil May Cry 3 has more metal and techno style music to get the gamer pumped up. Personally, I prefer the powerful orchestral sounds of the God of War sountrack. Dante is a fantastic character, but the story is no where near as good as God of War's. Few games have better stories than God of War though...

I love the fact that you can switch weapons, both melee and projectile weapons, on the fly. It leads to a very dynamic combat system where you can shoot an enemy in the face with your twin pistols like 20 times, run up to them and slash them with your sword a couple of times, switch to your gauntlets and mess the guy up more at close range, hit them up into the air, shoot them like 10 more times with your pistols, and then finish them off with a shot from your rocket launcher.

If that doesn't sound awesome to you, then I can't do any better to convince you.