--Magnum91--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 --Magnum91--
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts

I know it's very late to be getting a PS2, but with 130 dollars burning a hole in my pocket, now seems to be a like a good time to get one. My question is, with the focus now shifting to the next gen, would it still be a good idea to pick one up? I don't want to buy a system that has almost no games coming out for it besides Madden.

Oh, and what current games would you recommend? Thanks!

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
well even if the ps2 doesnt have any good games coming out for it, its all worth the purchase because of the past games that came out for it. The ps2 has a large library so you cant go wrong with that. My recommendations for starting games to pick up with the console would be: FFX or FFXII, GoW and Re4. if your interested in those types of games
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

well, if you plan on getting a nexgen console then no, i would say to skip on the ps2. but if you are not getting a nexgen console get it. i recommend.

- burnout series

- MGS series

- FF series

- ratchet and clank series

- Jak series

have fun :D

himankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 himankz
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

I suggest you dont get it. If you have that money, keep saving it and get a PSP or something because its pointless to get a ps2 now, good games arent going to come anymore, its out. Done Finished Garbage.

kails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 kails
Member since 2004 • 1249 Posts
Yes believe me better than paying for something you can't buy at the moment
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

I know it's very late to be getting a PS2, but with 130 dollars burning a hole in my pocket, now seems to be a like a good time to get one. My question is, with the focus now shifting to the next gen, would it still be a good idea to pick one up? I don't want to buy a system that has almost no games coming out for it besides Madden.

--Magnum91--

--Magnum91--
The PS2 has a huge library of good games that are already out. Not many, if any good ones will be released in the future, but there are so many games it would take you years to catch up anyway. My PS2 just died so I bought a PS3(backwards compatible with PS1,PS2) instead of wasting 100+ on the PS2.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing; there are a lot of games for the PS2 that I want to play, and since I only had a Gamecube last gen I didn't get to play a lot of PS2/Xbox multiplats. The problem is that by now you can only find a lot of games (like MGS2 Substance and MGS3 Subsistence, among others) used, or new for a gazillion dollars. I don't like getting stuff used (since I have a little OCD)... so I find myself in a dilemma.
yomi0918566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yomi0918566
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
why not buy that $100 60G ps3,,.,. then spend that $30 for some games,, and you can still play ps2 game in the ps3 right.,,. ^_^
ghawk15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ghawk15
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Well, I'd say no if you could save up for a PS3 because you can play ps1, ps2, and ps3 games on it, so you're automatically connected to all the great PlayStation games. Though if you're like me and cannot afford a PS3 :P , I'd buy a PS2. I'd check out Final Fantasy, The Hitman Series, Splinter Cell, God of War, they are literally tons.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#10 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

The answer depends onthese things. Ask yourself, how many of the PS3 games do you want, how badly do you want them and when do these games come out?

For example. I want two PS3 games right now. Lair and MGS4. Lair comes out in August and MGS4 comes out..... Some time next. As cool as Lair is, that one game is in no way worth buying a PS3 for all alone. On the other hand, MGS4 is. So I know that I will just keep my PS2 from now till sometime untill 2008. That way I save more money. Because there could be a PS3 price drop from now to MGS4. It's ultimatly the best choice.... For me.

So, look through the PS3 games, if there are no PS3 games you want, just get a PS2. It's an awsome console with an excelent game library.

buff2007bills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 buff2007bills
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
I hate to agree with the Patriots fan above :-)
sykalob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 sykalob
Member since 2004 • 319 Posts

until they make a modchip allow you to play packup and copies do not buy it

i think you are like me ..little money and big hopes

dont put hopes on the ps3 now

when a modchip will be available the playstation3 markets will be a diffrent thing :twisted:

and you will buy it at no cost combared to its current price

don't forget that ps2 is a legend no console will ever take this place even wii

buy a ps2 stuck with it for a year or two even 3

then think about the black voodoo box