Which RPG next ... on the list?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 rpgmadboy
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

Ok i have bought quite afew RPG'S that i have not got round to playing for ps2. I am currently playing the ones in my sig and once i have completed 2 of the ones in ma sig i am going to move on to another game.

So which one:
Shining Tears
Magna Carta
Disgaea
Atelier iris 2 ( Finished number 1)
Valkyrie Profile Silmeria (Finished Lenneth)
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil saga 1.

I want to play one that has a really captivating story one i am going to remember and one that has maybe alittle romance.
What is the closest out of these also tell me your views on these games. No spoilers please.

Thanks people :)

rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rpgmadboy
Oh i also have suikoden V
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
SMT: DDS
allen201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 allen201
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

try Tales of Abyss...

maybe we have to be waiting now...

rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rpgmadboy
Finished Tales Of The Abyss. loved it.
Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
where did u find shin 1. Ive been looking everywhere but all i found was an overprice game
canisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 canisan
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga :!
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

Vakyrie Profile 2 is probably the best one on the list. Great story, great gameplay, and its a lenghty game.

Final Fantasy XII is a very good game and its only $20 now.

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
no debate, shin megami tensei: digital devil saga
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

DDS is a very good choice but try to find the second one too.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
I heard Kingdom Hearts was a good game, however it might be more of a platformer then an rpg.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#12 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Shining Tears
Magna Carta
Atelier iris 2 ( Finished number 1)
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil saga 1.
Valkyrie Profile Silmeria (Finished Lenneth)
Front Mission 4
Disgaea 1-2/ Makai Kingdom / Phantom brave

Thats the order you should play them. The first 2 are unknown to me but I assume they are cap since they didnt have a big backing. AI2 is boring as hell. DDS has ok-cool graphics and maybe a cool story but its freaking to hard. Even after sitting in one area and trying to level up the people the moment i went to the next area my people would get slaughtered.

VP2 is cool but tedious, I currently baught it off ebay and am playing it(well its sitting in my ps2 waiting to be played heh). Front Mission 4 i through in cuz you said disgaea so you definately have to play this tactical rpg masterpiece. Giant robots and awesome battle scenes?? And Disgaea 1-2 for last since it is the best. No other game of any genre has more depth than Disgaea 1-2. Makai Kingdom doesnt have the same replay value as disgaea but its made by the same people and is pretty funny and pretty cool to play. Phantom Brave also has some minor differences to disgaea and just isnt as fun but its still made by the same folks and is worth playing to. In PB you can turn just about anything into a killer weapon lol. A brick, a crate, an anthill, a flower vase, an old type phonograph lol.

I forgot to look at the stuff you are playing currently. I hope you have played .hack gu 1-3, phantasy star universe 1-2, and kingdom hearts 1-2. And it goes without saying that you should have played Dark Cloud 2 by now....

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

Vakyrie Profile 2 is probably the best one on the list. Great story, great gameplay, and its a lenghty game.

Final Fantasy XII is a very good game and its only $20 now.

nVidiaGaMer

Definately FFXII. FFX has a captivating story and a little romance. Both you were looking for, no? I also recommend Rogue Galaxy and the KH series. Awesome games.

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

Save yourself the pain and sell Magna Carta to someone else. I HATE that game.

Play Suikoden V first. Then DDS.

PandaSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PandaSamurai
Member since 2004 • 1152 Posts
I'm actually enjoying Magna Carta a good bit, I'd give it a shot if I were you.
rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rpgmadboy
Thanks for the suggestions people but i have played tons of RPGS and ones like final fantasy i have finished same with kingdom hearts, rogue galaxy and e.t.c. i just have RPG'S i aint played and there the ones in the list and i own them just aint got round to playing erm.
Cantius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Cantius
Member since 2004 • 3894 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions people but i have played tons of RPGS and ones like final fantasy i have finished same with kingdom hearts, rogue galaxy and e.t.c. i just have RPG'S i aint played and there the ones in the list and i own them just aint got round to playing erm.rpgmadboy

Suikoden V.the first 5 hours,you don't do anything,but the story is explained nicely the first 5 hours,then you get to the real part of the game.

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
I suggest you check out Valkyrie profile: silmeria first, its completely unique and innovative in an otherwise stale genre. its graphics also form a perfect window into next-gen while delivering a satisfying story with lovable characters

This RPG aint all about roses and this princess sure aint perfect, she even gets to succumb under fatique (complete with barf scene) completely realistic characters unlike the "too perfect to be true" theme most RPG's cling on to.

VP2 is cool but tedious, I currently baught it off ebay and am playing it(well its sitting in my ps2 waiting to be played heh). Front Mission 4 i through in cuz you said disgaea so you definately have to play this tactical rpg masterpiece. Giant robots and awesome battle scenes?? And Disgaea 1-2 for last since it is the best. No other game of any genre has more depth than Disgaea 1-2. Makai Kingdom doesnt have the same replay value as disgaea but its made by the same people and is pretty funny and pretty cool to play. Phantom Brave also has some minor differences to disgaea and just isnt as fun but its still made by the same folks and is worth playing to. In PB you can turn just about anything into a killer weapon lol. A brick, a crate, an anthill, a flower vase, an old type phonograph lol._AbBaNdOn

If by depth you rever to the sheer amount of customisazion options then i have to agree completely.
- If you are revering to acual strategy im afraid the nippon ichi S-RPG games are all out of those.

If one looks for a tough brain buster of an S-rpg game i can recomened shining force II and advanced wars