Was MK: Armageddon a let down for anyone else?

Dreamerdude26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Dreamerdude26
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
I ws expecting every character back with all of their old combos, not these easy for anybody three hit combos and gay fatality system instead of giving us back our Babialities, friendships, brutalities, animalities.  There used to be 8-12 hit combos, it seems like they dumbed this one down a lot more then the others and made the game way, way, to easy.
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 trcradical
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts

it is disappointing that they removed the rademark fatalities, because let's face it, that's what made the MK series what it is today

but they have new additions that nearly make you forget about it, the new Konquest mode is awesome, and the Kreate-A-Kombatant mode is very well done

but other than that, the trademark fatalities would've been better in the game, especially with all the old characters being brought back

it's still an 8/10 game to me, it's still very fun to play

Dreamerdude26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dreamerdude26
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
I can I just like having big combos to learn and not having my little button mashing brother beat me b/c thats all you really have to do.
Hardcore_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Hardcore_81
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts

I ws expecting every character back with all of their old combos, not these easy for anybody three hit combos and gay fatality system instead of giving us back our Babialities, friendships, brutalities, animalities.  There used to be 8-12 hit combos, it seems like they dumbed this one down a lot more then the others and made the game way, way, to easy.Dreamerdude26

I agree, no "Mortal Kombat" without those. Never liked animalities, though :P

haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts

it is disappointing that they removed the rademark fatalities, because let's face it, that's what made the MK series what it is today

trcradical

Co-sign.....

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

The Missing Fatalitys are one thing,but the missing Combos every Game has until now and things like the missing green Net of Cyrax (like Scorpion without his Spear!) was awful.

BTW how do I unlock UMK3???

slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts

The Missing Fatalitys are one thing,but the missing Combos every Game has until now and things like the missing green Net of Cyrax (like Scorpion without his Spear!) was awful.

BTW how do I unlock UMK3???

Ash2X

You dont unlock it the only way you can play UMK3 on armageddon is with the Kollectors edition of the game.

But the only thing that dissapointed me was the endings which havent been good since MK4, the combos are simplistic but if everyone had 6-8 hit combos like some of the characters in MKA have then that would be alot of crap to have to memorize. Not to mention having all that on one disk would mean longer loading times, bad graphics and other things would have to be sacrificed.

raiden300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 raiden300
Member since 2005 • 1454 Posts

as a die-hard MK fan i am very very disappointed with the game . Like many others i hate the fatality system, if there was some more variation beyond those who could wield a sword then it would be ok, but i mean we have come to expect to see sub zero use his ice in cool way to kill somebody, same goes for Raidens electricity etc.

I also hate the simplifying of the combat engine, in particular the combos. THEY SUCK. the two styles instead of three is being blamed for this as the branching combos in previous titles were a challenge and a joy to pull off, this time you get like one style brancher and they are so simple 3-4 hitters, and IMO too much time was spent on the air combat. this would have been good on top of Deceptions engine but instead they have taken out more than they put in.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

Sounds like this MK is not a buy but more of a rental. Am I right?

:P

trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trcradical
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts
depends on how easily bored you get with a game, or if you're a die-hard MK fan or not
1904_ryder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 1904_ryder
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
i thoguht this game was aight not one of the best mortal kombat games it was just aight and the fatalities was kind of wacked they should of had the older ones
superwiifan06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 superwiifan06
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

I ws expecting every character back with all of their old combos, not these easy for anybody three hit combos and gay fatality system instead of giving us back our Babialities, friendships, brutalities, animalities.  There used to be 8-12 hit combos, it seems like they dumbed this one down a lot more then the others and made the game way, way, to easy.Dreamerdude26

yeah they putted all the land combos to the air and almost every kharacter has the same air kombo im really dissapointed i think im gonna sell it and kak is kool but theres a very little things like no dual weapons or nunchucks or staffs kwan dos theres almost anything in the game i hated that im really really really dissapointed in it:x

SitheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SitheDragon
Member since 2006 • 1964 Posts
Not really. A couple of things that were left out i felt should have been left in, other than that its probably the MK game out.
VanSulis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VanSulis
Member since 2006 • 289 Posts
only thing that really let me down was the fact that signature fatalies from certain characters are not in the game-- kreate a fatality is a good idea but badly executed, otherwise.... nope not a huge let down for me.
omegamustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 omegamustard
Member since 2004 • 6055 Posts
it has it's ups and downs.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
no i loved MK:Armageddon the only thing i didnt like about it was the racing mode(thought it was boring) and the custom fatalties like regular fatalties better if you want to know more about MK:Armageddon read my review and one more thing this topic is olddddddd :lol: