Top 10 exclusive PS2 games that are underrated?

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Top 10 exclusive PS2 games that are underrated?  I am going to be getting a PS2 soon and just looking for some of the good more underrated games. I know about GT, MGS, FF, etc

ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
God of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus, any many others!
USBknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 USBknight
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
Those aren't underrated :P
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
ehhh i'm retarted. Shadow of the Colossus was underrated a lil i think. Not many people i know even know about it, and it is spectacular.
kyubiitachi001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kyubiitachi001
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
I just found out about Shadow of the Colossus this year and I love it!
walkair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 walkair
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts
I think Primal is underrated.Ghosthunter too.
walkair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 walkair
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts
Killzone too.
Avatar image for blakejohnson304
blakejohnson304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blakejohnson304
Member since 2004 • 45 Posts

For RPG's

Xenosaga Series

Grandia 2&3

Valkyrie Profile 2

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

Beyond Good and Evil.

:D

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Beyond Good & Evil is not exclusive. 10. Ghosthunter- developed by the same people who did Primal, the game is a spooky third person action game. Beautiful graphics with serene settings. The main character, Lazarus Jones is so ******* hott. Fun game though its biggest flaw is that feeling of hitting a wall every 5 minutes. 9. We Love Katamari- the sequel to 2004's little game that could, We Love Katamari is the fan service game that thanks its fans for making the original a huge success. It didn't make much of an impact over Katamari Damacy which is why it deservesto be in the underrated category. 8. King of Fighters 2006- the long running series tries 3D again after a sub par first attempt. This time, IT WORKS! This game captures the 2D action of KoF with nice 3D graphics. With a collection of over 35 character, this is a wonderful alternative to PS2's high profile 3D fighting games. 7. beatmania IIDX 4th Style ~New Songs Collection~- this PS2 exclusive home version of the arcade game adds a few new songs to the AMAZING IIDX 4th line up. 6. DDR Extreme US- branded by typical fanboys as crap, EX US is really 50 times better than the Japanese version. Why? Because the game is not full of repeated garbage which EX JP has 40 of them. Add to that, an excellent song list and more licenses than the Japanese version. 5. Okami- weaker sales than expected of this game worldwide is enough to make this game underrated. Its high art. 4. God Hand- a true testament to Capcom's tradition of ultra difficult games, God Hand is a game that will kick your ass, over and over. Combine the cool soundtrack and funny characters, this beat em up is a fine addition to Capcom's pedigree of excellent action games from Ghouls and Ghosts to Devil May Cry. 3. Tenchu Kurenai (Fatal Shadows)- critics slammed this game for playing it to safe while kids cried at the lack of Rikimaru. Tenchu Kurenai is a refined version of Tenchu San (Wrath of Heaven). The smaller stages mean harder enemy layouts with enhanced AI (yes it does, at times, this game has smarter AI than MGS). The two playable characters are fun to play, not like Rikimaru, that slow ass robot. 2. beatmania IIDX RED- the exclusive home version of IIDX RED for the arcades. An amazing line up of songs with afew cool new songs for the home version. Too bad its follow up, Happy Sky sucks. 1. Final Fantasy X-2- If you get past the happy tone, you have here a game with serious gameplay. You will need a guide if you are a perfectionist. Its underrated because drones of idiot X fanboys slammed this game for not being stupid like X.
mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts

Killzone.

Ico.

SOTC.

Killer 7.

MGS2.

MGS3.

serpentaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 serpentaurus
Member since 2007 • 294 Posts

Valkyrie profile Silmeria, Castlevania Curse of Darkness and Ar Tonelico M.O.E.

FreddieGermany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreddieGermany
Member since 2005 • 562 Posts

Killzone.

Ico.

SOTC.

Killer 7.

MGS2.

MGS3.

mr_pops238
you said mgs2 and mgs3 those games arent underrated both those games sold millions of copies worldwide thats far from being underrated buddy
kouthao777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 kouthao777
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus

Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

Okami

Virtual Fighter 4: Evolution

Ico

Grandia 3

Radiata Stories

Gungrave

Zone of the Enders 2

Katamari Damacy

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
I'm assuming you meant underrated as in underexposed like good games no one played Okami Shadow of the Colossus Ico Dragon Quest 8 Dark Cloud 1 & 2 Sly series Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 Katamari games Rogue Galaxy tons of RPGs
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
There is only one that you should really go out of your way to find: Zone of the Enders 2: The 2nd Runner This game is one of the most fun experiences I have ever had with gaming. It's blazingly fast, the graphics are some of the best PS2 has to offer, and it has some of the most intense action you'll see. It still surprises me that this game never found a huge audience--it's everything I feel like a game about superpowered robots should be (unlike the slow, unresponsive robot games like Armored Core). It was created by Hideo Kojima of MGS fame, and his typical attention to detail, cleverly crafted story, and truly memorable boss fights makes this one of my all-time favorite games. Do yourself a favor and track it down! I believe it goes for about $40 online, and it is WELL worth the price.
luin_gunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 luin_gunners
Member since 2004 • 4038 Posts
Games from Nippon Ichi. eg. Disgaea, Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom. Good ol' turn base strategy with good humour too.
SoulSlayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoulSlayer_
Member since 2005 • 3426 Posts
Well since no one really posts underrated games but just games good games that no one played I will too. But I'll just post some random games cuz I hate making top 10 lists.

Kya: Dark Lineage
Radiata Stories
Valkyrie Profile 2
Primal
Shadow of the Colussus
Ico
Sly series
everything by Nippon Ichi
Wild Arms 3 and 4
Killer 7
Maximo 1 and 2
everything by Capcom's Clover Studio
Dark Cloud 2 (not the first one because that went Greatest Hits)

I could probably go on for a while but this should be enough.
nywled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 nywled
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts
Valkyrie Profile 2 =)
Lady_Sekhmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lady_Sekhmet
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
Ico - which in a way I'm surprised because the post above me mentioned Ico a lot...but it's underrated in the public.

Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari - exclusively only made for PS2...this is a must.

That's it. These two are the only ones that I think must be included in your collection. Ico takes a while to be beaten, and doesn't have as much replay value as Katamari Damacy. Katamari is easily get on/get out, while Ico, you have to find a save spot before saving. The graphics are amazing though. :-)

rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#21 rpgmadboy
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

Tales Series is very very underated !!!

aBathingApe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 aBathingApe_
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
[QUOTE="me2002"]I'm assuming you meant underrated as in underexposed like good games no one played Okami Shadow of the Colossus Ico Dragon Quest 8 Dark Cloud 1 & 2 Sly series Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 Katamari games Rogue Galaxy tons of RPGs

Just thought I'd let you know that Dark Cloud and Shadow of the Colossus both went GH. Viewtiful Joe isn't exclusive, and Rogue Galaxy is definitely not underrated.
EmanSolid117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EmanSolid117
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts
I think a very underated game that was actually good was Onimusha Dawn Of Dreams. It has RPG elements in it, as well as a suprisingly good amount of boss fights, and a good amount of weapons to choose from with there own specific powers.
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
Freedom Fighters, Steambot Chronicles, Sky Odyssee, Bombastic, Radiata Stories, Dirge of Cerebrus, Primal, Dragon Quest VIII, Valkyrie Profile 2 and Killzone.
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts

For RPG's

Xenosaga Series

Grandia 2&3

Valkyrie Profile 2

blakejohnson304
Grandia 2 SUCKED. i hated that game. first time randomly trying an RPG and it failed miserably... dont really know of any titles tho... :P
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#26 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Grandia 2 is also on the Dreamcast and PC. Some of you really need to look up a game to see if its exclusive to the PS2. Freedom Fighters is also on GC, XBOX, and PC. The only exempt for this rule are arcade ports of modern games such as beatmania IIDX, Pop'N Music, DDR, Tekken, etc. You can't easily buy a $10,000 IIDX machine for use at home.
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
[QUOTE="2deluxe"]Grandia 2 is also on the Dreamcast and PC. Some of you really need to look up a game to see if its exclusive to the PS2. Freedom Fighters is also on GC, XBOX, and PC. The only exempt for this rule are arcade ports of modern games such as beatmania IIDX, Pop'N Music, DDR, Tekken, etc. You can't easily buy a $10,000 IIDX machine for use at home.

Your right about Freedom FIghters -- I totally forgot about that. I still think people should buy it/be aware of it anyway. I read an article on IGN about 3 years ago that said that FF for PS2 had sold under 170,000 copies!
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
The best game not many PS2 owners have played (unpopular but highly rated) is Shadow Hearts 2. The best game that isn't quite unpopular, but that still didn't score as high as it should have is Zone of the Enders 2.
d_number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 d_number1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
the warriors, armored core series
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts
rogue galaxy, odin sphere, & grim grimoire. these games got decent reviews but i think they didnt sell much copies.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

Gitaroo-Man is the first one that comes to mind, as is Gradius V and Amplitude, although I'd say those games are more overlooked/underplayed than underrated. God Hand is another - I know it's got its share of flaws but the game is a ton of fun, a hefty challenge and is totally funny as hell. The frustration factor kicked in towards the end, but overall, I had more fun playing that game than most games for PS2.

I'm playing Valkyrie Profile 2 right now and I'd also add it to the list. I have been surprised at the level of quality of it. It pretty much calls for a whole lot of grinding, which I usually don't like, but the fighting is fun enough to make me overlook that. The game looks beautiful and really so far I have liked it as much if not more than any Square-Enix game I've played (not Squaresoft, just SE)

Solid_Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Solid_Gabriel
Member since 2005 • 1090 Posts

Ico

Okami

Zone of the Enders 1 and 2

Star Ocean (maybe?)

buffysummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 buffysummer
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (PS2)
ramansingh3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ramansingh3
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
kill switch is a good game.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points