Sell 360 to buy PS2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cabrando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cabrando
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Questions:

1. I have a premium 360 and 6 games should I sell it to buy a PS2?

2. I also have a wii/gc, what PS2 exclusives are there that I can't get for wii/gc/360? (Exclude RPG's, not a fan)

3. What 360 exclusives would I miss out on? (Again exclude RPG's).

My Random Thoughts

I don't really need two "next gen" consoles.

The games cost more than I am willing to pay for most games, I know shouldn't have bought it in the first place right.

I already have it though, so should I just sink the money in the PS2 and let the 360 sit there.

Any help appreciated, thanks everyone.

dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
Do you mean PS3?? There wouldn't be much point in getting rid of your 360.
cabrando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cabrando

Do you mean PS3?? There wouldn't be much point in getting rid of your 360.dbowman

I meant PS2, the games are relatively cheap and from what I hear the PS2 has arguably the best game library.

Just curious if there is any merit in it as I have a wii already for next gen stuff and graphics aren't a huge deal for me.

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

Sell your wii

then buy ps2.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#5 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

The Wii is not and never could be a primary next gen console. You need to have an xbox360 + wii or Ps3 + wii.

Hmmmm. I dont think you should get rid of your xbox360. A brand new ps2 is only 150$ the last time i looked. You cant just buy one without selling your xbox? The ps2 had the largest library of games of any console in existance. Sure all the old games will be mostly cheap but new games still are 40-50$.

If you get a ps2 you will probably start wanting a ps3 down the road and Sony refuses to save itself. They are either going to drive themselves straight out of the business of making game consoles or they will refuse to lower the price to an acceptable level for another year or so if that. So now isnt exactly the best time to jump on the sony band wagon. Again the Wii isnt a primary system so if you get rid of your xbox and just play ps2 stuff what will you do whennew awesome games that cant be played on wii or ps2 come out like tony hawk proving grounds that requires a hard drive?

No. My advice is to keep your xbox and wii and just try to buy the ps2. Then you have all bases covered.

If you click the systems in my signature you can see my favorite games for ps1 and ps2. Both of which can be played on ps2.

dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

PS2 has definately got some great games, so yes by all means get one.

Can't you have both though?? A PS2 will be really cheap now (£60 second hand).

ogreiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 ogreiron
Member since 2004 • 203 Posts
well you would miss out on halo 3, other than that i see no other big things missing out on
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
that would be a stupid move, if you want to play ps2 games then save for a ps3
El_Esbirro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 El_Esbirro
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts
Keep 360 and the Wii...buy a ps2, it's worth it. Having the 3 systems you can play anything you please....i have a GC and ps2 and i play either one whenever i want. If you don't want your 360 i'll take it for free, since you have such a crazy idea.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts
Good Trade
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

i understand your situation. Honestly if you want to keep a next-gen console and still want to play PS2 games then just get a PS3. Use backwards compatability and since PS3 has very few likable games you won't be so empty in your wallet. That's what I would do personally.

You get about 200 for your Xbox360 if you sell it to Gamestop. Maybe 100-150 for all 6 of your games. Enough to buy a new PS2 with plenty of games or add a hundred or so to get the PS3. It also all depends on if you are willing to spend extra $ and if you're not then you are better off just buying the PS2 w/ used games.

John_Player555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 John_Player555

The PS2 sure has more hours of fun than any other console in the market, that´s for sure. 360 is a great console, but you have to spend a lotta money to take the best out of it. As you can see, there´s no much graphic difference between the PS2 and the 360 when you play both on a conventional CRT TV. And most games are dirty cheap now, so you can use the extra money to improve yourgame library.

Besides, there are a lot of exclusives you shouldn´t be missing:

Devil May Cry series;

Jak Series;

Ratchet and Clank series;

Sly Cooper series;

Ace Combat series;

Onimusha series;

Maximo series;

Tekken series;

Katamari series;

And some exclusive gems you won´t find anywhere: Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, God of War I and II, Gran Turismo 4, Okami, Shadow of Rome, Killzone, Zone of the Enders I and II, R-type Final and so on... the list is HUGE, believe me. You won´t regret your trade.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts

The PS2 sure has more hours of fun than any other console in the market, that´s for sure. 360 is a great console, but you have to spend a lotta money to take the best out of it. As you can see, there´s no much graphic difference between the PS2 and the 360 when you play both on a conventional CRT TV. And most games are dirty cheap now, so you can use the extra money to improve yourgame library.

Besides, there are a lot of exclusives you shouldn´t be missing:

Devil May Cry series;

Jak Series;

Ratchet and Clank series;

Sly Cooper series;

Ace Combat series;

Onimusha series;

Maximo series;

Tekken series;

Katamari series;

And some exclusive gems you won´t find anywhere: Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, God of War I and II, Gran Turismo 4, Okami, Shadow of Rome, Killzone, Zone of the Enders I and II, R-type Final and so on... the list is HUGE, believe me. You won´t regret your trade.

John_Player555

Bottom line PS2>>>360

--KillJoy--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 --KillJoy--
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

Go for a PS2, for the exact same reasons John_Player555 mentioned.

I'm a fan of R&C, Onimusha, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, and DMC. Which are all games that I think every PS2 owner should go and buy RIGHT NOW XD

cabrando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cabrando

Thanks for the help so far, I'm still undecided.

The sell and buy a PS3 sounds like an option that's worth looking into. Does it play all PS2 games?

The x factor in this decision is my girlfriend she won't want me selling the 360 so I need to do some persuading either way (PS2 or PS3).

Hmm I just remembered I have a modded xbox maybe I should get rid of that and get the PS2? I don't play it anymore (beat all the games for xbox I was interested in) and I have an Apple TV for media so I don't have much of a use for it anymore. I just keep looking at all the games there are for the PS2 and can't help but want one.

ludadav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 ludadav
Member since 2005 • 1485 Posts
Keep the XBOX.
cabrando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cabrando
What games will be available for 360 that I can't get on wii? (I know Halo 3)
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts

Please keep your Wii. That's your own choice. Be happy with PS2.

Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 I_AM_AROD______
Member since 2007 • 718 Posts

The Wii is not and never could be a primary next gen console. You need to have an xbox360 + wii or Ps3 + wii.

Hmmmm. I dont think you should get rid of your xbox360. A brand new ps2 is only 150$ the last time i looked. You cant just buy one without selling your xbox? The ps2 had the largest library of games of any console in existance. Sure all the old games will be mostly cheap but new games still are 40-50$.

If you get a ps2 you will probably start wanting a ps3 down the road and Sony refuses to save itself. They are either going to drive themselves straight out of the business of making game consoles or they will refuse to lower the price to an acceptable level for another year or so if that. So now isnt exactly the best time to jump on the sony band wagon. Again the Wii isnt a primary system so if you get rid of your xbox and just play ps2 stuff what will you do whennew awesome games that cant be played on wii or ps2 come out like tony hawk proving grounds that requires a hard drive?

No. My advice is to keep your xbox and wii and just try to buy the ps2. Then you have all bases covered.

If you click the systems in my signature you can see my favorite games for ps1 and ps2. Both of which can be played on ps2.

_AbBaNdOn
I completely agree.