AnalogOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 0

#1 AnalogOdyssey
Member since 2007 • 746 Posts
What are the most popular ps2 games online right now??? and is it free??? and how many people play the game????
Broken56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Broken56
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts
You're better off just giving up on playing anything online with the PS2. Plus, I don't think it's free. I think it's a subscription service.
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8717 Posts
It was Metal Gear.But thats off now.And it is FREE!There is not charge.Don't listen to Broken.The best online game right now is probably Socom 3.
EliteScout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EliteScout
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts
If you have a slimline PS2 then you don't have to buy an adapter.
StealYoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 StealYoFace
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
yea broken has no idea what he is talking about ps2 online is FREE and your best bet for an online game would be Socom: CA
yellowcoconut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 yellowcoconut
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
I'm buying my friend's ps2 for 35 bucks and it's the original model. I have wireless intenet, so I think I'll be able to play online, right?
pog_ma_thoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pog_ma_thoin
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
Ive never tried it online. If you live in Europe, then i think you can still play MGS3 online.
Avatar image for raditz_the_dude
raditz_the_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raditz_the_dude
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts

For US residents, PS2 online is free, but the number of still-supported online titles is dropping rapidly. In addition, the service isn't streamlined, like X-Box, so you'll have to create unique usernames and passwords for each game.

In my opinion, it just isn't worth it, especially since anti-cheat measures are easy to bypass on the PS2; Playing games like Ratchet & Clank 3 and SOCOM II is just too aggrivating when you're repeatedly killed in one hit (after waiting a good 5 minutes to join a game). The best experience I ever had online was in SSX3, which was sub-par at best; I think I managed to complete two courses with a second player. Every other time, the game was dropped minutes into the race

Needless to say, I don't think much of the PS2's online capabilities. I can't wait to hear some solid opinions on the PS3. (X-Box 360 already has plenty of glowing reviews.)Â