Pythos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Pythos77
Member since 2005 • 889 Posts

Ive played games like GTA, Silent hill 3, Hitman Blood money and Resident evil 4, over and over again, and never even flinched( I liked them all ).  Im not really a gore fan o even inclined twards violence.....But I got to say that the guys at Rock Star did something very right with this game. For some reason I find this title particularly DISTURBING, and very worthy of that (M) rating it got, I would go so far as to recomend a Psych evaluation before and during the time you play...Just kidding about that...But something about the way this game is put together is very effective and leads me to belive that in the wrong hands it wont be of much HELP....Its the kind of game that sends  all those parental and antiviolence groups into a hysterical fingerpointing frenzy.  This isnt Super Mario Brothers......lol. I cant say by any means that I dislike the game i just got it  and im barely through the first few stages but no other game has ever made me feel this way, some other guy described this game as a GUILTY PLEASURE in his review and i got to say i agree with him.  Its just that with everything going on in the world and how F#$%##D up everything seems nowdays it kinda makes you wonder that some of these things might be more than just urban legend... As gamers were really gonna have a hard time defending this game if it ever turns up in one of those all too common cases where some kid goes nutz does something stupid and then some one finds he playedGTA and then trys to blame it on the game...Over all i think this game is very well put together and really delivers as far as thrill and shock factor go but definitly not for (everyone)...What do you think????????

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
Never played it, friend told me it was a piece of tripe and I never tried it.
orestes3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 orestes3
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

hey.. i just bought this game yesterday but havent had the time to play it yet...

but if you wanna try another quite disturbing game like it... try Fahrenheit a.k.a Indigo Prophecy.. it's good..
btw, Manhunt 2 will be out anytime soon...

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

I've had Manhunt for almost three years now, haven't touched it in the last two. Some of the deaths are very shocking upon seeing them the first time, play it enough though and eventually they will get monotonous.

I thought it was just an okay game. Very light stealth when compared to other stealth games overall. The last areas of the game, it really starts to shine. That's the problem though, only the end of the game is the real worth while point. Everything leading to it was an average experience imo...

Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts

play it enough though and eventually they will get monotonous.

Rock-City

This just in, Jack Thompson now sues Rockstar once again due to the newly aquired evidence that when gamers get bored of killing people in a game, they start killing them IRL in new ways!

Anyhow, regarding the game being disturbing, I didn't find it much so during all the time it played it during a 1-week rental, but that's probably thanks to the internet making me invulnerable to being disturbed by essentially everything except cute fuzzy animals.

Gotta say there's a fair bit of shock value when you see the killing-blow animations the first few times, since no one games go to the extreme Manhunt does....

Kinda makes you wonder what Rockstar has instore for Manhunt2 to make it stand out more eh? 

glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
Whats this game about i din play it, But i am getting myself Manhunt 2
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#7 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
Eh.  On my shock meter this game wouldnt even register.  Go watch any of these freaky psycho torture movies like Hostel, Black Xmas, texas chainsaw massacre,  and then you will be shocked and disturbed.   I have to wonder who in the hell enjoys watching movies like that where you physically see acts of torture in gorey detail even if it is fake.  It was probably done to somebody for real once or twice in real life.   I found my replays of gta:sa more offensive.  Every time they say the N word or F word it just makes me cringe on the inside and im 28.   racism is taught and after hearing people say stuff like that I cant help but think it sometimes.   Where as I can kill imaginary people in a video game all day long in the most gruesome ways and not give it a single thought about doing it in real life. 
Pythos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pythos77
Member since 2005 • 889 Posts
I find cute little fuzzy animals DISTURBING too....
FloydGilmour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FloydGilmour
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

It wouldnt hurt to use enter once in a while you know, makes it easier to read.

However, Manhunt is a truely disturbing game, alot of gore with a storyline that is so pointless it only acts as a vessel for mindless gore.

But isnt it just great fun? xD. 

Avatar image for Blade_of_Athens
Blade_of_Athens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Blade_of_Athens
Member since 2007 • 486 Posts

Eh. On my shock meter this game wouldnt even register. Go watch any of these freaky psycho torture movies like Hostel, Black Xmas, texas chainsaw massacre, and then you will be shocked and disturbed. I have to wonder who in the hell enjoys watching movies like that where you physically see acts of torture in gorey detail even if it is fake. It was probably done to somebody for real once or twice in real life. I found my replays of gta:sa more offensive. Every time they say the N word or F word it just makes me cringe on the inside and im 28. racism is taught and after hearing people say stuff like that I cant help but think it sometimes. Where as I can kill imaginary people in a video game all day long in the most gruesome ways and not give it a single thought about doing it in real life. _AbBaNdOn

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I have no idea what kind of a sadist you have to be to enjoy Hostel, Saw and all that crap. I dislike manhunt, I think it gives all gamers a bad name, and makes Jack Thompson high with joy ofsuing another game compan. Games are supposed to be like you know, something like art, enjoyable to look at and to play. How can killing people in terrible ways be enjoyabe (unless you are a phycopath)... I think I made my point.

Blade_of_Athens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blade_of_Athens

FloydGilmour

Uh......NO 

bxgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 bxgt
Member since 2006 • 3035 Posts
thanks for the tip, im buying it tomorow
Avatar image for SouthernBBaller
SouthernBBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SouthernBBaller
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts

[QUOTE="_AbBaNdOn"]Eh. On my shock meter this game wouldnt even register. Go watch any of these freaky psycho torture movies like Hostel, Black Xmas, texas chainsaw massacre, and then you will be shocked and disturbed. I have to wonder who in the hell enjoys watching movies like that where you physically see acts of torture in gorey detail even if it is fake. It was probably done to somebody for real once or twice in real life. I found my replays of gta:sa more offensive. Every time they say the N word or F word it just makes me cringe on the inside and im 28. racism is taught and after hearing people say stuff like that I cant help but think it sometimes. Where as I can kill imaginary people in a video game all day long in the most gruesome ways and not give it a single thought about doing it in real life. Blade_of_Athens

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I have no idea what kind of a sadist you have to be to enjoy Hostel, Saw and all that crap. I dislike manhunt, I think it gives all gamers a bad name, and makes Jack Thompson high with joy ofsuing another game compan. Games are supposed to be like you know, something like art, enjoyable to look at and to play. How can killing people in terrible ways be enjoyabe (unless you are a phycopath)... I think I made my point.

You have to be a sadist to enjoy movies? I think Saw and Hostel are s***ty movies, but you have to be a sadist to like them? I think not.

FloydGilmour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FloydGilmour
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
[QUOTE="FloydGilmour"]

Blade_of_Athens

Uh......NO

Blade, you dont need to be saddistic to enjoy gory games or films, theya rent real, they are supposed to make you jump and cringe, thats apart of the fun of it.

If you honestly dislike gory games and films that much, and dont see why other people like them, there is something wrong. 

Blade_of_Athens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blade_of_Athens
So there is something wrong with me just cause I dont like to see people ( i am fine with other thingis like ganados and cyclops) get killed in horrible ways... I just don't understand why people enjoy all that disturbing/ discusting violence so much...
LadyDMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 LadyDMB
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Why does anyone like anything? So what if you don't like it, obviously someone else does. You don't have to be a sadist to like games or movies that involve gore. Horror movies in particular that have gore in them are liked for the specific fact that a person could picture themselves scared or in the moment in some movies. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's okay if you don't like it, but you don't have to be a specific generalization to like games/movies that involve gore.

Now onto the original topic, I haven't played Manhunt, but just reading about it is peaking my interest.

Oh and sidenote: If someone cannot separate fact from fiction (meaning separating the fact that the movies and/or games are not real) it's hardly the games fault. They already had issues before they watched a movie or played a videogame. *shrugs*

Blade_of_Athens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blade_of_Athens
Its just an opinion, and like any oppinion you have a right to agree or disagree... The big word: OPINION
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14838 Posts
i found it disturbing......that a game full of violence and filled with gore could be so dull
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _AbBaNdOn
I think SOME movies have been way to realistic.   Whats the difference between cutting somebody eyeball out that is made out of latex and ketchup as opposed to the real thing if they both look exactly the same??   Would it be ok for people who "enjoy" that much gore to see audio/video of real deaths/torture???  I think if you like ultra realistic gore yea you are sick in the head.   Child molesters like looking at little kids and sexually abusing them does that make it ok because they "enjoy" it and others do not and its just a matter of personal choice??    SOME things go over the line.    Like I said,  I didnt find the violence in manhunt to be any big deal and i enjoyed playing the game(i beat it).  Im looking forward to manhunt 2.   This game is very akin to Tenchu with the stealth kills and stuff. 
orestes3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 orestes3
if it's not your cup of tea.. then leave it be...
why bother what other people likes,
when others dont even care about what you like...
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _AbBaNdOn
like child molesters, murders, thieves???  People just shouldnt care about those things? 
nightlights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 nightlights
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
to me, its just a rubbish game with a boring gimmick.
Darth_kriza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Darth_kriza
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts

I'd say that only the weak of mind get to be influenced by games. Or anything like movies. Here in Brazil a guy opened fire in the middle of a session of "The Fight Club", killed people. Was the movie responsible ? hardly. Didi it have something to do it with ? maybe.

But if violence in the media were responsible for everything, we would have chopped our friends and brothers into slices with axes or hammered their heads with anvils like Tom & Jerry, Road Runner, Woody Woodpecker and so on...

Why didn't we do it then ? I say parental guidance. If you have someone to explain things to you, share, to understand your needs as a child and provide you with the necessary information to tell reality and fiction apart , these things might be avoided...

Even my 8-year-ld cousin knows he can kill people and die in a videogame but when the console is off non of that will happen 

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _AbBaNdOn
I dont think the poster or anyone who commented has been talking about How much or how little influence media and games have on people.   The topic was about the degree of graphic violence in manhunt,   I tried to expand on that and talk about the degree of vulgarity/racisism in gta:sa.   The argument as i saw it was can you have to much gore, language, whatever in a game.  Is there a point when it stops being entertainment and starts being something else?? 
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I liked Manhunt...  It was a really good game.  The gameplay mechanics in which you would hunt people who were out to hunt you was fun.  Does that make me sick in the head because I liked cutting people up?  I don't think so.  I like Mature games.  I am not into a lot of fantasy games that have cartoonish characters with big heads and big eyes roaming around a world fighting mythical beasts.  That is why there are so many types of genres of games for everyone to enjoy.  If Manhunt is so disturbing what about those first-person war games like Ghost Recon and Medal of Honor.  Those games deal with killing other people with all types of weapons but do people complain about those games?  No.  Bottom line, I don't let games, movies, or music influence my life. Sure they are fake, but it's about using your imagination.  They are just all entertainment, escape from the everyday happeninngs of life.   
orestes3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 orestes3

yup... entertainment is what we see...
you know who you are and what you're capable of..
you dont train to kill people with video games..
got influenced, maybe.. but then, it's a matter of choices...
games dont kill people.. people kills people..

PS2to-the-end

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 PS2to-the-end
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

Rockstar sucks... all of their games suck... pointless killing... I kill for a reason... (JUST KIDDING:lol:)

All their games suck to death... blood and guts... instead, try dmc.

glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

Eh. On my shock meter this game wouldnt even register. Go watch any of these freaky psycho torture movies like Hostel, Black Xmas, texas chainsaw massacre, and then you will be shocked and disturbed. I have to wonder who in the hell enjoys watching movies like that where you physically see acts of torture in gorey detail even if it is fake. It was probably done to somebody for real once or twice in real life. I found my replays of gta:sa more offensive. Every time they say the N word or F word it just makes me cringe on the inside and im 28. racism is taught and after hearing people say stuff like that I cant help but think it sometimes. Where as I can kill imaginary people in a video game all day long in the most gruesome ways and not give it a single thought about doing it in real life. _AbBaNdOn

haha so that the game about, ya about those shows its sick but me and my friends do get some laugh at some part LOL. 

Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts
Great game.
Avatar image for NamelessProphet
NamelessProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 NamelessProphet
Member since 2005 • 670 Posts
It always amazes me how few people are ever able to look past the rather disturbing violence of Manhunt and realize that it was actually a very well made game.  I mean as far as stealth games goes this is one of the best, and most realistic of them all.  People think I'm odd when theyre talking about stealth games like Splinter Cell and I bring up Manhunt, they just can't seem to get past the killing.  I mean its not like this kind of violence is really that uncommon now adays.  Some one earlier mentioned movies like Hostel and stuff where they do things that are just as messed up, and theyre fairly common movies.  No one ever remembers the things Manhunt did right, like how if u plugged in your Xbox live headset on the Xbox version the npcs could hear you talking.  It will be interesting to hear what people say about Manhunt 2 for the Wii...
Avatar image for alexisnotonfire
alexisnotonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 alexisnotonfire
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yo if anyone wants to sell a copy of a pal version of manhunt!, send me an email: greeneggsandham_12@hotmail.com, i live in australia
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

It's a great game... people can be so sensitive sometimes. 

It always amazes me how few people are ever able to look past the rather disturbing violence of Manhunt and realize that it was actually a very well made game.  I mean as far as stealth games goes this is one of the best, and most realistic of them all.  People think I'm odd when theyre talking about stealth games like Splinter Cell and I bring up Manhunt, they just can't seem to get past the killing.  I mean its not like this kind of violence is really that uncommon now adays.  Some one earlier mentioned movies like Hostel and stuff where they do things that are just as messed up, and theyre fairly common movies.  No one ever remembers the things Manhunt did right, like how if u plugged in your Xbox live headset on the Xbox version the npcs could hear you talking.  It will be interesting to hear what people say about Manhunt 2 for the Wii...NamelessProphet

david_alcock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 david_alcock
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts

I liked Manhunt... It was a really good game. The gameplay mechanics in which you would hunt people who were out to hunt you was fun. Does that make me sick in the head because I liked cutting people up? I don't think so. I like Mature games. I am not into a lot of fantasy games that have cartoonish characters with big heads and big eyes roaming around a world fighting mythical beasts. That is why there are so many types of genres of gamesfor everyone to enjoy. If Manhunt is so disturbing what about those first-person war games like Ghost Recon and Medal of Honor. Those games deal with killing other people with all types of weapons but do people complain about those games? No. Bottom line, I don't let games, movies,or music influence my life.Sure they are fake, but it's about using your imagination.They are just all entertainment, escape fromthe everydayhappeninngs of life. mrvic87

i totaly agree

CameosisJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CameosisJ
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts
I have played resident evil, turok and maybe 1-2 other 'gruesome' games I guess. To me the genre just does not appeal to me like it used to. It just seems senseless and as if the producers could only push theboundaries by creating horrific deaths and stuff. I know any press is good press but come on. I dont think that gaming = real life emulation, but games like this really make me wonder. It really does seem senseless to me...
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Disturbing? Try Boring.

After two or three levels, the gameproves itself to be a one-trick-pony... Did someone a few posts ago call this game realistic???Show me a "realistic" stealth situation where you can run into a shadow and instantly become invisible, causing the pursuing thug only inches behind you to stop in his tracks, scratch his head looking for you (while you could reach out from the shadow and thump him on the nose if you wanted to), and then give up/ walk away... so that you can conveniently "sneak" up on him and off his dumb hide while he's waddling back to his posted spot...

... oh, and the "skill" involved in killing a baddie is a realmind-bending exercize, isn't it? Holding the X button down for some time before letting it go to engage the action. Takes some talent... gotta get it just right... *snore*

Wow. I feel so... accomplished?...after each canned, pre-rendered kill that looked just like the LAST twelve guys I ground a broken bottle into the neck of... yes-sir. Rivetting gameplay. The killing in "Manhunt" might as well be a card-battling system for all of it's engrossing play mechanics. Any politician who picks up this game and waves it as a poster child hasn't put it in for the five minutes neccesary to get mindlessly bored by it.

The onlyviolence "Manhunt" might influence is your rage at getting ripped off for another $40 from a Rockstar game.

Fach5at

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fach5at
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

hahaha i liked u saying that manhunt is Guilty Pleasure watever :P

if u find it disturbing than u should quit playing violence games

i finished the game and it was awesome especially the executions

RockStar are awesome all the way

watch out for Cash :P

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Manhunt was cool for about a day...then it was just dumb. Good idea but i think when the developers made this, they were just really pissed off and wanted to stab someone.