PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts

Is Persona3 a good game to play and get? it looks kinda weird and "out there" to me but it seems to be pretty popular so could you tell me if its a good game?

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#2 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
P3 is an alright rpg. Its kinda slow in the beginning between listening the story and then not being able to fight for very long. If you like turn based menu driven combat rpg then you will probably love p3. I personally cant stand turn based menu driven games unless it is about something i love like Digimon World Data Sqaud!!! Cant wait to play that. Otherwise I demand action rpg's or tactical rpg's. turn based menu driven rpgs can SUCK IT!!!
xriceballx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 xriceballx
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
Its has good reviews and im personally enjoying it. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up now as it may be a hassle to get one in the future.
macho_c_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 macho_c_a
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts

i enjoyed but by the 60th 70th hour i just wanted to finish the damn game. It is kinda slow on the daytime and the constant load times can annoy the hell out of you if you´re not a patient person. The battle system is great (probably the best thing about the game), the story is ok (not great IMO), the soundtrack is also good.

radiocreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 radiocreed
Member since 2005 • 1588 Posts

I personally think the game is story driven for me, I always want to know what will happen next in the game. After around 10 hours of gameplay, the pace starts picking up and it starts getting really addictive. The battles are not really random since you have the choice of hitting them to engage or just send your allies walking pass them to find the exit or move on to next floor.

If you have enjoyed previous PS2 rpgs like DQ8 or even the Pokemon series on the Nintendo GB/DS, I see no reason why you shouldn't give P3 a go.

Paully3433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Paully3433
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
I think its a pretty solid RPG for as late as it came out in the PS2 era. Still is the best RPG to hit the market so far this year IMO, Growlanser will be out soon but I doubt it will be as good as P3, close but yeah P3 is a good game
bamafan1434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 bamafan1434
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts
Well if your easily offended then dont get it because to summon their monsters or whatever the charactrs commit suicide :|
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

Is Persona3 a good game to play and get? it looks kinda weird and "out there" to me but it seems to be pretty popular so could you tell me if its a good game?

PS2Dude89

It sounds like you've never played any SMT (or spin-off) game before. :lol: Persona 3 is the best game I've played in a while.

Well if your easily offended then dont get it because to summon their monsters or whatever the charactrs commit suicide :|bamafan1434

The characters don't commit suicide. They aren't even using actual guns.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _AbBaNdOn
Yeah they are not shooting themselves in the head lol. They have these things called Evokers that look like handguns but they arent. Evokers are used to bring out your persona's. The characters put them to their head and then pull the trigger. If they were shooting themselves the game wouldnt last very long lol.
Scabbed_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scabbed_Angel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Well, they kinda ARE shooting themselves in the head, visually anyway. Their heads get struck to the side when they pull the trigger and a shower of crystals burst from the other side of their head. The reason that this is done is never really explained very well, and for me, just ended up kinda funny. Imagine one of your characters shooting herself in the face in order to heal herself.

It IS a very unconventional rpg, and balancing your time between school, social life, and defeating shadows is very interesting and compelling. It is definately one of the better rpgs out there.

Mobel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Mobel
Member since 2007 • 2183 Posts
Of course it is.I am actually playing the game right now.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _AbBaNdOn
Theres nothing to balance. there is school time, social time, and fighting shadows time lol.
kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts
it does sound interesting. i never was an RPG (of any kind) type of girl. but ive grown to like some of them. maybe ill pick this up at some point in the future.
illshogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 illshogun
Member since 2003 • 3492 Posts

you should get it

if i'd had known the soundtrack was this great i would of had it on the first day

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

i enjoyed but by the 60th 70th hour i just wanted to finish the damn game. It is kinda slow on the daytime and the constant load times can annoy the hell out of you if you´re not a patient person. The battle system is great (probably the best thing about the game), the story is ok (not great IMO), the soundtrack is also good.

macho_c_a

Oh man if P3 load times test your patience, try Magna Carta. Love your signature btw!

I have only played the first few hours and while it starts slowly the game is interesting. Not vastly different to other SMT games but enough to make it stand out. I have been very happy with the game so far and would easily recommend it to anyone who is into RPGs with something different to offer.

illshogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 illshogun
Member since 2003 • 3492 Posts
yeah persona 3 really puts your playstation on a workout its always loading
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

One of the best in a while.

I am curently playin it and have about 10hrs of gameplay.

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
yep, it's a good game
princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts
It's probably one of my favorite RPGs ever..really cool game.
Moogleman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Moogleman23
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
I am playing it and I am loving it. The day-time social link system is really cool, and can be hilarious as well. The battle system is good too. I personally enjoy the conversations that involve Junpei, he will make you laugh the whole game.
ace_blitzer06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 ace_blitzer06
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

its great you should get it