newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts
is it popular there and not by only the nerds of japan,because technically the ff series is popular in here but by the nerds,so is it popular in japan by the nerd or the norms
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
Final Fantasy isn't just for nerds...
2ez24get

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 2ez24get
Member since 2003 • 11739 Posts
is it popular there and not by only the nerds of japan,because technically the ff series is popular in here but by the nerds,so is it popular in japan by the nerd or the normsnewhenpal
You just lowered the bar for stupid/ignorant gamers.
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts
If Final Fantasy is for nerds what would you call the group that loves scar face/GTA so much? I mean pretending to be a gangsta in reality and on games seems to have its own group as well.
SamXVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SamXVII
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts

If Final Fantasy is for nerds what would you call the group that loves scar face/GTA so much?AgileNate

Slow. Not that intelligent people don't like GTA. It's just that the biggest, most die-hard fans, the kids who play it every day for years, are.... somewhat slow.

portej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 portej
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

I'm from Japan, and you would be surprised that GTA: San Andreas has actually enjoyed a fair amount of success in Japan.

Before GTA: San Andreas came out officially, I knew of some people who bought the US version of the game (at stores that import them) and then played them on their modded PS2s. I recall one person saying some along the lines of, "Hmmm... so this is what America is like." LOL

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#7 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Go to YouTube and you'll see some Japanese fans who modded the PC version to add their favorite drifting mountain course in the game.

I recall one person saying some along the lines of, "Hmmm... so this is what America is like." LOL

portej

He's right, GTA is an over-exaggerated spoof of life in big American cities. 

newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts

I'm from Japan, and you would be surprised that GTA: San Andreas has actually enjoyed a fair amount of success in Japan.

Before GTA: San Andreas came out officially, I knew of some people who bought the US version of the game (at stores that import them) and then played them on their modded PS2s. I recall one person saying some along the lines of, "Hmmm... so this is what America is like." LOL

portej

Is it hugely popular over there or is it just moderatly?

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

[QUOTE="AgileNate"]If Final Fantasy is for nerds what would you call the group that loves scar face/GTA so much?SamXVII

Slow. Not that intelligent people don't like GTA. It's just that the biggest, most die-hard fans, the kids who play it every day for years, are.... somewhat slow.

Umm..I don't get it. How does playing GTA: San Andreas constantly make you "somewhat slow" and being die-hard fans for any other game doesn't? Where are you stats backing this up? Â