Ninja_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ninja_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I am seriously tired of seeing gta sanandreas in the top ten. Its been there since it was released.It is a good game but let it die man.Its been 2 years now. It always takes up one spot and I am sick of it. It has decent graphics and a good story line but it is highly overrated and doesnt deserve to be in the top ten with the other new better games.
-Prime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Prime-
Member since 2006 • 964 Posts
I like the game, but I could care less what rank it is in/or gets.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
well if you have 42,000 users playing it i would think that it would be in the top 10, until another one comes out, thats the way all the gta's have been
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Boo hoo.
Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
GTA SA its without a doubt a incredibly awesome game however you do make a point theres no question that there other games that have earned their right to be in the top ten .......also all depends how much sales they have gotten since their release date if so i asume that FFX also "must" be in the top ten considering it has sold much more than SA
hastalavista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hastalavista
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I like the game, but I could care less what rank it is in/or gets.-Prime-

Same here.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I am seriously tired of seeing gta sanandreas in the top ten. Its been there since it was released.It is a good game but let it die man.Its been 2 years now. It always takes up one spot and I am sick of it. It has decent graphics and a good story line but it is highly overrated and doesnt deserve to be in the top ten with the other new better games.Ninja_Warrior

I agree

hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts
I agree that GTA:SA is overrated. But that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be on the top 10. The top 10 in gamespot is calculated based on single user queries of the day before. That means that GTA is there because it has more users entering there to get media, query faqs, post in forums, etc... Bottom line, it is on the top 10 because people want it to.
Inverni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Inverni
Member since 2005 • 246 Posts
lol, who actually plays GTA for the story, everyone i know that plays it (damn gangsta game) just plays it to kill black people with d!ldos
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
Nah.. I dont thinks its overrated at all.. this game has alot of imitators now.. and they cant lay off, and it has some many games sold, and so many peopel love the series... like saints row, true crime, and those kind of game are all imitating it, but GTA is more of a M rated game than both of those, but I like the game its still one of my favorite series of games
BigRell486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BigRell486
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
lol, who actually plays GTA for the story, everyone i know that plays it (damn gangsta game) just plays it to kill black people with d!ldosInverni
I really hope your joking. If your not remember that you won't always have you computer screen to hide behind. Say some crap like that in public and your held will be in the moniter (a CRT one too.)
quaddrag500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 quaddrag500
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
i think san andreas was way overrated even though it had better graphics and you could finally swim, i still think that vice city was the best
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
"overrated" i don't know... but its pretty amazing you can't say thats not true :P
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
im a gta fanboy. lol
ltjg_urbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 ltjg_urbas
Member since 2003 • 181 Posts

I actually don't like San Andreas a lot. It is okay, but just give me Vice City any day. All of the GTA games are basically the same with better graphics along the way.

Iceman1976za

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Iceman1976za
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts
This game is a classic, we have seen Saints Row try but not really steal GTA SA's thunder. I just hope the next installment is even better with even more things to do. 
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Its a good game, and people still play it...
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts
I'd love to jump on the bandwagon and say GTA is overrated because it's the trendy thing to do. The question is, are there games out there better than GTA on the PS2? Well everyone has their opinion, but having played a wide variety of PS2 games out there, it is hard to compete with the sheer scope and expansiveness of San Andreas. It has it's problems and it's not my favorite game, but compare it to some of the stuff out there and you'll see why it's gotten the recognition it deserves.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

Until the next GTA comes out, then probably we will see San Andreas gone. But to be honest, I couldn't care less.

:D

gnrGrievous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gnrGrievous
Member since 2006 • 4642 Posts

Grand Theft Auto Rocks ! ... God of War Rocks ! ... Gears of War Rocks ! ... And Guitar Hero Sucks ! ...

Honestly Guitar Hero is the one that is Overrated ...

-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Murdock-

Grand Theft Auto Rocks ! ... God of War Rocks ! ... Gears of War Rocks ! ... And Guitar Hero Sucks ! ...

Honestly Guitar Hero is the one that is Overrated ...

gnrGrievous
Sorry, that one IS fun and has gotten more non-gamers into gaming than you'd be surprised and for that you have to give it credit.
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#22 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Nah, Guitar Zero (I mean Hero) ripped off GuitarFreaks and made it crappy. The music is primarily from Wave Group, the sorry ass people who loves to cover songs and make them worst. They also make those awful Karaoke Revolution covers. I laugh at people who claim that crap to be revolutionary, it shows you how Americans are years behind Japan in rhythm games. What they have over there is simply superior.
gnrGrievous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gnrGrievous
Member since 2006 • 4642 Posts

Oh but i still don't see what is so cool about playing a game which consist of hitting buttons in the right moment all the time , damn , playing with a Real guitar is more Fun than this ...

Oh anyway , if there guys who did liked Guitar Hero and that wishes to strike me down with their plastic sticks ... oups sorry , Guitar ... I'll replaced it with Gundam : Crossfire then ... that i suppose you'll agree that it sucks ...

sinncross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sinncross
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts
I think GTA is a little overrated.
political

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#25 political
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts

I don't understand why people would want to take this off the top 10 list...it's definately one of the best games made for PS2, due to the decent graphics, long story, huge playground and easy gameplay...even after you finish the story, it's still fun to just drive/fly around and cause mayhem.

-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Murdock-

I don't understand why people would want to take this off the top 10 list...it's definately one of the best games made for PS2, due to the decent graphics, long story, huge playground and easy gameplay...even after you finish the story, it's still fun to just drive/fly around and cause mayhem.

political
It's the trendy thing to say that something that is great, really isn't.
political

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 political
where does that fit into trendy? we're all allowed our opinions on here...I respect each opinion on this post...doesn't mean I have to agree with them.
political

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 political

Actually...I've been thinking about it and maybe you're right...there does seem to be a trend of people putting down perfectly good games...

Rossuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rossuron
Member since 2003 • 473 Posts

I like the game, but I could care less what rank it is in/or gets.-Prime-

I agree, also, I didn't really enjoy it as much as the other GTA games. Its up there for a reason but you shouldn't let it affect you.

danwoodfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danwoodfield
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

I can understand the appeal of this type of game to many gamers.

But for me, ALL Grand Theft Autos are Extremely Overrated and Boring.

Same goes for that awful glitchy clone of theirs, Bully, or Cane the Edit or whatever.

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
I agree. I thought GTA 3 was fine and dandy, but after that it just started to go downhill. I haven't enjoyed any of the new GTA's.
bigmack_20_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 bigmack_20_20
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
san andreas is.... well I can't say that it is a bad game of I think it is overrated.  when you get down to it it is the same game with some of the same missions but it does it well and people still buy that game till this day.  there are a lot of games that are just the trend and pass away after a couple of months but games like san andreas stay with you no matter what you do no one who owns a grand theft auto game can tell me that they can put it down for good like they can do to some of their games.  that's why it is one of the tops
Ninja_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ninja_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
What I meant to say was it was a good game in its time but now its time to give the other games a chance. If they want to keep it in the top ten then do as they please, but at least dont make it the number one game every other week. Better games had only spent at max 4 weeks on number one but I think GTA SA has been there for over 1 year.