bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bqefhpasdgpihw
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

can someone recommend a list of good ps2 games to buy? i haven't got any yet...  I prefer turn-based RPG (as opposed to realtime). I think FF series are all turn-based.  I also like racing games, but unsure about the differences between arcade style and simulation. so i'm wondering whether i should get Need for Speed or Gran Turismo or Burnout. Adventure games are good, as long as they aren't so scary/bloody. :)

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

FFXII isnt turn based,

if your looking for RPG's then you should try

Tales of Abyss, Kindom Hearts 1 &2, Xenosaga series, Shadow Hearts: covenant

cowluver28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 cowluver28
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

Hmmm. I definitely recommend Kingdom Hearts I. The game, when described, may seem like something for little kids, but is far from that. I guaruntee you, there are people in college and beyond obsessing ver this game. After you complete Kingdom Hearts I, make your purchase for Kingdom Hearts II and play that. DO NOT play the second one before the first, even if the graphics are ten times better.

The story is of a boy named Sora, who lives on the Destiny Islands with his two friends, Riku and Kairi. Sora is a very sweet, modest, and yet unbelievably powerful fourteen-year-old who loves to spend the days hanging out under the sun, dueling with his friends(which are younger versions of some Final Fantasy characters) and talking about what lies beyond them. Destiny Islands is a world. That's it. Just a handful of islands that can be sailed to eachother on a small boat, and tons of beautiful ocean. No one on Destiny Islands has known of anything else. As far as they knew, nothing was beyond that sea...

Riku, Sora's friend who always seemed to be much stronger, decides that he wants to sail out on a raft and see what's past that ocean. His inspiration is Kairi, who came from elsewhere long ago when she was a child. This tiny bit of information, the fact that Kairi was not born and raised on the Destiny Islands, is Riku's only hope that there is more out there- and more to exlore. The only thing is, Kairi doesn't remember a thing about her whereabouts before meeting Sora, who she loves, and her handy friend, Riku.

Sora and Kairi agree to help build a raft and set sail.

But, one night, a mysterious storm comes. Sora finds his beloved Kairi possessed, and she dissapears. Riku seems to know more than he did a few hours ago, and announces that this is their time to go.

But, a strange battle occurs, and Sora loses the both of them. He wakes up in Traverse town, another world indeed, and there his journey begins...

The worlds are in danger. Even though Sora always felt week, he finds he is the strongest of all, for a weapon so powerful has chosen him to be the next wielder. He sets out to save the world with the help of some new friends, and to find Kairi and Riku, so that the three of them can return home safely.

But it's easier said than done.

-----

Whew. Okay, now that I pitched that for you, go buy that. Now.

bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bqefhpasdgpihw

Sounds like a really good game, but the trouble is I can't find any Kingdom hearts 1 anywhere, though I could try to get a second hand, but not sure whether old PS2 games could have some problems, such as being scratched?

Also, is kingdom hearts action-based RPG?  I once came across a website that classified the game as action-based, as opposed to turn-based.  How about the other games you've mentioned above?

Also, for racing games, should I get Gran Turismo or Need for Speed, or Formula 1 or Burnout?  What's the difference between arcade and simulations and in your opinion which is better?

Thanks 

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts

Sounds like a really good game, but the trouble is I can't find any Kingdom hearts 1 anywhere, though I could try to get a second hand, but not sure whether old PS2 games could have some problems, such as being scratched?

Also, is kingdom hearts action-based RPG?  I once came across a website that classified the game as action-based, as opposed to turn-based.  How about the other games you've mentioned above?

Also, for racing games, should I get Gran Turismo or Need for Speed, or Formula 1 or Burnout?  What's the difference between arcade and simulations and in your opinion which is better?

Thanks 

bqefhpasdgpihw
Burnout 3
bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bqefhpasdgpihw

FFXII isnt turn based,

2ndWonder

From the screenshots of FFXII, it seems a turn-based, where I can select from the menu what action to take and attack the enemy, no?

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]

FFXII isnt turn based,

bqefhpasdgpihw

From the screenshots of FFXII, it seems a turn-based, where I can select from the menu what action to take and attack the enemy, no?

its more like real time turn based, which makes it kinda better than reg. turn based games
JoshuaOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JoshuaOlson
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
I don't think anyone mentioned FFX. If you like turned based random battles this game has the best combat system ever in that format, and really just one of the best combat systems ever. You are also free to level your character up as you see fit thanks to the sphere grid, which in my opinion has no equal.