G-Man88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 G-Man88
Member since 2006 • 941 Posts

my ps2 is chipped and the guy who sold it to me told me NOT TO USE GAMES IN CD BY ANY CHANCE because they damage the laser, somehow

i wanna play some PS1 games but i dont dare ignoring the salers advice...

is this true? CD games shorten the PS2 life?

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
I swear, some of these supposedly technical people... Dont bother listening to him, all he knows is how to chip the damn thing. No it doesnt shorten the lifespan of the laser but it does make the drive spin faster. If you are really picky about it then you can say yes it shortens the life of your PS2. Mine is bordering on 6 years old, played plenty of PS1 games and it is still going strong.
tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
It doesn't.
gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 gamer_marrik
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
Yeah they do, and the boogey-man lives in my closet. I swear.
Avatar image for Dark_Lagerboy24
Dark_Lagerboy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Dark_Lagerboy24
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
well heres advice for you, dont get your ps2 chipped coz some cd's that you can only use on chipped ps2 are reaally dodgy an thats what wrecks the laser or can wreck it an it wont play much things at all, some peopel that chip do it so badly that they eliminate other like functions like the dvd player wont work or you cant play music on it or w.e but rellly if your gonna get your ps2 chipped do it when your really sure an if you have another ps2 lol, i dunno if thats the same anywer else but thats how it is over here so