sunkcontrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sunkcontrol
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts

Sorry to bring this up but i got to get it of my chest...TOMB RAIDER LEGEND WAS SH*T!!!!! Unlike a lot of lara fans i actually enjoyed angel of darkness and was really looking forward to legend but i never knew of the disappointment that lay ahead.I was reading a reveiw lately and he felt the same way about the legend as i did:

What has happened? What went wrong? Legend was ok overall for first time Lara players, but there was nothing new in this game, and it was far, far too short!! Completed Legends in less than 12 hours and the gameplay was even less! Lots of screen shots, very predictable!!! Needs to go back to solving more complex puzzles without the help of them telling you which buttons to press!!
Was so looking forward to this game for so long and I was left feeling very disappointed!
Come on designers!!! We all know Lara can be so much more than this!!

So what do you think?

3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts

Sorry to bring this up but i got to get it of my chest...TOMB RAIDER LEGEND WAS SH*T!!!!! Unlike a lot of lara fans i actually enjoyed angel of darkness and was really looking forward to legend but i never knew of the disappointment that lay ahead.I was reading a reveiw lately and he felt the same way about the legend as i did:

What has happened? What went wrong? Legend was ok overall for first time Lara players, but there was nothing new in this game, and it was far, far too short!! Completed Legends in less than 12 hours and the gameplay was even less! Lots of screen shots, very predictable!!! Needs to go back to solving more complex puzzles without the help of them telling you which buttons to press!!
Was so looking forward to this game for so long and I was left feeling very disappointed!
Come on designers!!! We all know Lara can be so much more than this!!

So what do you think?

sunkcontrol
Yes, but it was a bit of a change, it does need to be longer though, I completed it 100% in 5 hours
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
i enjoyed it, but it was short and thats what threw off some of the ratings for it. I cant wait for the new tomb raider
SoulSlayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoulSlayer_
Member since 2005 • 3426 Posts
It was the only Tomb Raider game I actually enjoyed, and I think I played at least a little bit of all games. The reason I only played a little bit is because I think they suck. Legend does not IMO. And a 10 hour game is fine by me. Many action games are around that length.
silentmobius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silentmobius
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
Yeah, the game was okay. I enjoyed some parts of it and hated others like, the awful motorbike chase. It was also very short. I expected more, but it still was a good game overall.
drlove06472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 drlove06472
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts
I hated it. To easy finished it in 2 days. good thing I rented it.
sonartech77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonartech77
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
It is the best one that they've put out in years so it's got that goin for it.  I bought it for the 360 and am still wondering why.  I overpayed for something that looks just as fine on the PS2.  Stupid hindsight.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
What a coincidence...I'm actually playing Legend right now. I'm about three quarters of the way through and so far I've thought that it's a really fun game.
joeadonis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 joeadonis1
Member since 2004 • 1567 Posts
I thought it was a nice return to the basics of the series. Hopefully the next will be longer.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I enjoyed playing Tomb Raider Legend till I realized how short it was.  It's the shortest game I have ever played in a long time and that killed it.  The majority of thelevels are not as huge in design like the past games.  I have no intentions of getting Tomb Raider anniversary because I don't want to play the same exact game I played over 10 years ago.  I get the impression that they can't create new ways to make Tomb Raider games. 
gameboi_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gameboi_92
Member since 2007 • 4613 Posts
Gah.meh.Blah.
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#12 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
I still think III is still the best in the series. The wonderful and difficult level design kept the game interesting and it was primarily made for the real fans of the series. Legend is the update the series needed but CD failed in some parts. The vehicle missions are way too long and boring, WAY TOO SHORT, and it reminded us of why gunplay in Tomb Raider sucks. I actualy would not mind it if there was no gunplay in a TR game.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Tomb Raider is no longer the exanple of a good game
meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
its a great game no one can say more than that but its too short i mean the game is short and end quckely
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
i simply hate tomb raider they all suck, never played legend though
kool764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 kool764
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts
i liked it but it was way too short
Lub1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lub1
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
I liked some parts of it, and the use of physics. But it seems they made the difficulty just... well easy. In a tomb raider game I wanna have to explore the surroundings and find out what I have to do next to advance. Chain reactions would happen and you would have to be dead accurate with jumps and timing everything. The levels used to be really big and the games were so much longer. It had its issues, but it always made me coming back for more. I remember Lara Croft where she drives a speedboat in Venice and other memorable parts.

This game... just doesn't have that feeling...