mgs_maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 430

User Lists: 0

#1 mgs_maniac
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
Well.....I got this game today.I thought this was a great which actually is BUT......THE DIFFICULTY IS SO HIGH!!! I played the same mission for 10 times and i kept losing!!!!! So i got bored and i threw the controller out of the window!(just kidding)

Am I a noob or is this game ridicusly hard?
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

Well it is pretty hard.

But i managed to beat it.

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts

Well it is pretty hard.

But i managed to beat it.

Baron_14
same
mgs_maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mgs_maniac
Hmm.....my controller will be dead till i beat the game....But who cres ill be getting a wii on the 12 of October
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
Which one did you get? The greatest hits "special edition" or the regular one? The regular one, is much harder. Just die a few times, turn it down to easy, and your set. Though make sure you just simply don't suck at it either too.
blem16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 blem16
Member since 2006 • 526 Posts

its crazy hard at first for everyone, but just stick with it...dont put it on easy either(you don't wanna play a cheapened down version of a great game...feels a lot less rewarding...plus the game only gets easier as it goes on anyways.) just keep in mind that each enemy(and boss more importantly) has its own pattern of attack....the punishing learning curve will be worth it in the end...this game's a heck of alotta fun once u've master it.

also, if u have the special edition...when u start a new game, they let u pick between a gold and yellow ord...i think it's the gold orb that lets you continue when u die...so u wont have to redo the levels each time u die at a boss fight.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Here are my tips to have an easier time on the game on the normal difficulty for your first time.

Most people will most likely choose the Sword Master Style, but if you want to survie, choose Trickster. The dodge skill will come really handy. Bosses have weaknesses, though for the first ones you wont have their kind of weapon. Now, after you beat the first, real boss, you will have a new weapon and you will be able to start using weaknesses. Trickster will allow you to easily dodge most of the attacks too.

Always look for blue fragments and red orbs. There is one mission (8) that will net you a good amount of orbs, and its a really easy mission. You can do it to get more orbs, and buy the blue/devil/green pots remember to first get all the blue ones, then the devil ones and finally start making a stock of green ones too.

For the latter stages of the game, trickster should be well leveled, giving you some really awesome techs that will help in the battles a lot.

My weapons of choice are Rebellion + Evony & Ivory. But you can make yours if you want too

alch3mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alch3mist
Member since 2006 • 1162 Posts
i love that game need to get it back
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I need to start to play it again. I stuck at one area die over and over. pretty good game, it's awesome.
ANUBIS209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ANUBIS209
Member since 2005 • 258 Posts
I love DMC3 next to DMC1 especially playing as Vergil
mgs_maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mgs_maniac

Here are my tips to have an easier time on the game on the normal difficulty for your first time.

Most people will most likely choose the Sword Master Style, but if you want to survie, choose Trickster. The dodge skill will come really handy. Bosses have weaknesses, though for the first ones you wont have their kind of weapon. Now, after you beat the first, real boss, you will have a new weapon and you will be able to start using weaknesses. Trickster will allow you to easily dodge most of the attacks too.

Always look for blue fragments and red orbs. There is one mission (8) that will net you a good amount of orbs, and its a really easy mission. You can do it to get more orbs, and buy the blue/devil/green pots remember to first get all the blue ones, then the devil ones and finally start making a stock of green ones too.

For the latter stages of the game, trickster should be well leveled, giving you some really awesome techs that will help in the battles a lot.

My weapons of choice are Rebellion + Evony & Ivory. But you can make yours if you want too

kenshinhimura16

hmm.... Nice! I played a while ago and i passed 2 missions... Yey! LOL
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts
Loved that game. Do you own the Special Edtion? that's the one I played and they give checkpoints out in that version, I wouldnt call the game ball bustingly hard like Viewtiful Joe but it deffidently demands that you pay attention. I can however remember loosing my temper during the Beowolf fight, now that guy was cheap!!! I liked playing on gunslinger and using those red and blue swords as my primary mele weapon.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Which one did you get? The greatest hits "special edition" or the regular one? The regular one, is much harder. Just die a few times, turn it down to easy, and your set. Though make sure you just simply don't suck at it either too.hazuki

Yeah the orginal's difficulty modes are staggered.

In the orginal, normal mode is really hard mode and easy mode is really normal. There is no mode below easy mode in the orginal. In SE, version on the box it says something about an added difficulty mode. That mode they added was very easy mode.... heh,which is actually theeasy mode that is missing from the orginal. SE also has an alternate continue system that isn't in the orginal, which makes it like 5x easier.

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
I haven't played the SE but did completenormal difficulty in the original. It's a hard game and is meant to be, but it is not unbeatable by any means. If you can beat the first five levels, you should be able to finish the game. DMC3 is a game where the hardest parts come early. The rest of it isn't exactly easy but the hardest parts (imo) are the boss battles at the end of chapters 3 and 5, or at least they are the first time through. But follow the tips already posted here and you should be fine. You're not going to beat everything on the first (or fifth or sixth) try but you'll do it eventually.
TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
More ppl agree with greg k, i dont understand this really i mean i played on every difficulty and the only time it felt hard was on DMD :? i couldnt get past the 4th mission too difficult, b4 i got dmc3 i finished dmc1 a couple of time so the game felt familiar and thats why i think i did so well, its all about practice my fingers got so soar playing on dmd.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

I tryed on normal mode

i came to level 2 and coudnt beat that boss.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#17 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
Same here sometimes I get stuck or can't beat certain levels, still didn't manage too beat the game X|.
Havik951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Havik951
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
ya its tough...cool game if you play it through though.
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
that game was so fun
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
I still have nightmares of the boss with the spider in the first DMC. :(
PS2to-the-end

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PS2to-the-end
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

well, personally I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE a challenging game, and try to play on regular or (if available) hardest. I love the feeling you get when you get a haaaaaaaaaard game beat... it is afrustrating process, but for me, it's worth it.

I've played the game and it is super cool so whatever you do don't be a sissie (jk) and play on easy, play it through. conquer it.

YOU CAN NEVER TRULY CONQUER A GAME ON EASY!!!!

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
It's hard. But it's also one of the 10 best ps2 games. So IS NICE!! GREAT SUCCESS!
tombtraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tombtraider
Member since 2004 • 497 Posts

I have the SE edition and it was Great! I played it in normal mode and finished it. It was easy.

I saw that they are or have made one, the DMC 5 Anniversery addition and its on the ps2. I am surprised gamspot does not list it in their game section.