Connecting PS2 to HDTV.....Please Help!!!!

#1 Posted by polya (1851 posts) -

Hi guys. How can I connect my PS2 to a HDTV? Are any special settings or cables needed to do so? And does it look good?

Please reply.

Thanks. 

#2 Posted by polya (1851 posts) -
Someone please reply!!!
#3 Posted by 3rd_moon (206 posts) -

Hi guys. How can I connect my PS2 to a HDTV? Are any special settings or cables needed to do so? And does it look good?

Please reply.

Thanks. 

polya
You can connect your PS2 to a HDTV using your regular composite cable but it will look like crap. It's better if you buy a component cable and connect it to your HDTV just don't forget to change the settings in your PS2 (choose the YbCb option or something similar...can't remember) before using your component cable or else you won't see anything on the screen. In terms of quality, it's way better than using composite cable but some will say that connecting your PS2 to a good quality standard television looks much better than HDTV. Posting this topic to the General Hardware Discussion may yield some other info for you.
#4 Posted by polya (1851 posts) -
[QUOTE="polya"]

Please reply.

Thanks.

3rd_moon
You can connect your PS2 to a HDTV using your regular composite cable but it will look like crap. It's better if you buy a component cable and connect it to your HDTV just don't forget to change the settings in your PS2 (choose the YbCb option or something similar...can't remember) before using your component cable or else you won't see anything on the screen. In terms of quality, it's way better than using composite cable but some will say that connecting your PS2 to a good quality standard television looks much better than HDTV. Posting this topic to the General Hardware Discussion may yield some other info for you.

Thanks for the info. i am buying a hdtv today. so i thought it would be better to ask before connecting. Thanks a lot again!!
#5 Posted by superairlike (169 posts) -
Some game support the COMPONENT,and it will display 480i visual pictures. Such as soul caliper & fatal frame & gow
#6 Posted by CaptCharisma (64 posts) -

I picked up the Mad Catz Universal Component Cable last week. It supports connections for the PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360. I think it was a pretty good investment.

#7 Posted by polya (1851 posts) -
^^^^^thanks. but will the games look bad if i connect it to my hdtv with the normal cables?
#8 Posted by tantalus4 (452 posts) -
it will look the best with component cabales. you can get those for like 10bucks.
#9 Posted by Jamibung (34 posts) -
Some game support the COMPONENT,and it will display 480i visual pictures. Such as soul caliper & fatal frame & gowsuperairlike
you have no idea what you're talking about. Some games support progressive scan, which is actually 480p and requires component cables to work.
#10 Posted by Jamibung (34 posts) -
all games are playable with component cables on the PS2 in 480i, however, if a game supports 480progressive scan the component cables are a requirement to enable that mode.