doctor_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 doctor_fury
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
If you're talking about a music cd/game backed up on a CD-R, then the answer is no (unless you have a method of bypassing the system's protection, like a slide card). As for CD-RWs, no way.
mike_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mike_me
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts
Aww... so, wait... it doesn't play CD-R's, but it does play DVD-R?? So, to sony, music piracy is worse than film piracy??
doctor_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 doctor_fury
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
The same restrictions apply to DVD-R/DVD+R media.
MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
My playstation-2 played a movie I burnt onto a DVD fine.
blondeale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blondeale
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
My ps2 has no problem with dvd-r or +r.
hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 hypnotoad8128
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
If you're talking about a music cd/game backed up on a CD-R, then the answer is no (unless you have a method of bypassing the system's protection, like a slide card). As for CD-RWs, no way.doctor_fury
Hope you aren't a real doctor, you'll give someone an incorrect diagnosis! The PS2 can play CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD±R/DVD±RW the manual even states so with the following caveat. •Some discs recorded using DVD-R/DVDRW/ DVD+R/DVD+RW devices may not be playable due to scratches, dirt, dust, fingerprints or problems encountered during recording, or due to the state of the disc when the recording was made. Only discs that have been finalized (a process that concludes recording) after recording are playable. I've never had any problems playing music CD's recorded on CD-R or CD-RW so long as they are finalized. Also same for DVD±R never had any issues watching a burned DVD... Just don't try any divx files. They won't work.
orestes3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 orestes3
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts
mine cant..
Kushstrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kushstrain
Member since 2005 • 800 Posts

Dvd-R with the ( - ) works better in the Ps2 I'll read it for sure.

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts
It can play cd-r, dvd+/-r as a music cd or movie dvd. It depends on how you burn the disc since the PS2 can't read a data cd i.e. files. So simply dragging mp3, avi, etc. files onto a cd will not work on a PS2. However a PS2 can not play games that are copied.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
yes, it can. but the music files have to burned in Windows Media Player and the media format has to be WMA
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#12 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

I burnt a bunch of game trailers onto a disk and even some PC game trailers an I can watch them on my ps2 lol.  I just cant get music files to burn on to a disk so i can listen to the damn songs on my stereo!!!!!  Grrrr.   I wish i knew how to convert mp3's into wma's cuz i hav the songs  dvd and i would be sweet to be able to play them on a ps2.    **Rant detected**

*Rant Initiating...starting*  You know if sony wants to make some multi billion dollar uber system instead of having like 50 different modems and harddrives and crap why dont they work on adding a freaking extra USB port with the sole purpose of hooking up mp3 players to it!!!!  How did xbox let you listen to music while you played a game??  mp3 players are pretty freaking common technology how could they not design some interface with them.  I cant cook food with a playstation or shoot down missles with it or use it to travel great distances with it because none of that crap makes since but letting it interact with mp3 players makes a crapload of since. 

Now if i only had an mp3 player.........

pot-head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pot-head
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
dvd-r and dvd+r's work perfectly on my ps2 with not a problem and i'm pretty sure that the cd-r and cd-rw would work quite well i'll read up on it for you m8