vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vegetta_oozaro
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts
i have my opinion but i definately like to hear yours!!!your suggestions also are welcome....
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
In my book, the best RE game is RE4 followed by Code Veronica, but this is just my opinion
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#3 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I think gamelay wise RE4, but Story wise...the first one was like the first survivor horror game. Nobody knew how to be scared of windows and doors before then hehe. I dont know my opinion shouldnt count much. I dont really like the RE series in general. At its core it was suppose to be a zombie game. Now the bad guys arent even zombies? In the next few games will the infected be any different than the uneffected? If someone ever makes a good zombie game that can be a series then I would gladly like it instead of RE.

I love night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, that 28 ___ Later series. I just dont like genetically mutated stuff like Nemesis and those tongue creatures?? and stuff like that from RE.
vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vegetta_oozaro

i really liked your add

I think gamelay wise RE4, but Story wise...the first one was like the first survivor horror game. Nobody knew how to be scared of windows and doors before then hehe. I dont know my opinion shouldnt count much. I dont really like the RE series in general. At its core it was suppose to be a zombie game. Now the bad guys arent even zombies? In the next few games will the infected be any different than the uneffected? If someone ever makes a good zombie game that can be a series then I would gladly like it instead of RE.

I love night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, that 28 ___ Later series. I just dont like genetically mutated stuff like Nemesis and those tongue creatures?? and stuff like that from RE._AbBaNdOn
rao_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rao_gmr
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts
RE4
Enmiand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Enmiand
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

I love night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, that 28 ___ Later series. I just dont like genetically mutated stuff like Nemesis and those tongue creatures?? and stuff like that from RE._AbBaNdOn
I do agree. I hate mutations and stuff like that (not that Nemesis didn't look great... but that's other story). If you want to keep horror to its more rotten and crude aspects, you gotta keep it simple; just trowh a few guys into some desperate situation and add the thing that flavors everything with the delicious spice of sicknees: a lot of undead people triying to eat you (bonus track: make the leading character's wife/daughter/good all life dog, chase him). That's what keeps the crowd hyped. Not these stupid farmers from RE 4. I gotta say the best is RE 2.
nemes1s3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 nemes1s3000
Member since 2004 • 2176 Posts
RE3, then followed by RECV and RE4.
Avatar image for deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
Code veronica, RE4 was an awesome experience, but, I don't think it should be labled as resident evil.
Otaku_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Otaku_Punk
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
Its a close call between the remake on the gamecube of the first one and resident evil 2. To me RE4 didnt feel like a RE game with out the zombies and claustrophobic setting. IMHO they should have taken the RE4 engine, set you as a police officer in Raccoon city on the day it hit the fan and made a more action oriented traditional RE game.
Avatar image for x_fly_to_fall_x
x_fly_to_fall_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 x_fly_to_fall_x
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

Am I the only one that absolutly hates RE4?! It just didn't seem like a RE game to me.. More like some third person shooter with monsters tacked on.

RE2 and RE3 are IMO the best of the Resident Evil series.

Kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Kenzo287
Member since 2004 • 1065 Posts
RE4 Wii Edition, then RE4 GCN, then RE4 PS2, then RE4 PC, then RE4 Mobile. Of course I've only played the first two I listed so I could be a bit biased.
Enmiand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Enmiand
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

Am I the only one that absolutly hates RE4?! It just didn't seem like a RE game to me.. More like some third person shooter with monsters tacked on.

x_fly_to_fall_x

You're not alone. Count me in too.

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
RE4 easily followed my REmake.
Toney29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Toney29
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts

RE4 hands down! Capcom has overhauled the whole game engine and boy does it deliver!

I do understand for true RE fans how RE4 doesn't feel like the good old RE games. I for one is a big FAN of the RE series.
But I think capcom has done a good job in making the RE series into what it is now! Though I wish they could remake RE2, RE3 with the RE4 engine! How good it would be to visit Racoon City in 3rd person point of view?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
re4 was the only one i could stand. the others felt really clunky.
Jacken89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacken89
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
RE4rao_gmr
Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts

Resident Evil 1 original. It has the most atmosphere, is the scariest and most dramatic hands down. That is what survival horror is all about, the others do not even come close.

RE4 (I love it) is not RE or a survival horror to me in anyway.

manhunt420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 manhunt420
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts
They all were top-notch but the best one I would say would be RE 4 then CODE VERONICA due to the stories and how they some how tied them together!!
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
RE4
Spindoc_SEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Spindoc_SEI
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts

x_fly_to_fall_x

Second. I do like 4, but it is far from the best in the series. 2 is the best followed by 3 in my opinion.

OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
RE 4 and RE remake for GC
-Kirbyangel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Kirbyangel-
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Resident evil 4 is my personal favorite.
biohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 biohazard
Member since 2002 • 953 Posts
being a huge RE fan, i've played every RE i could get my hands on. thats been pretty much everything there is to offer with the unfortunate exception of resident evil zero. that said, my personal favorite has been resident evil 3 for sure. with its split second decisions it threw at you, it added a lot of replay value because making different decisions affected where you started the next segment of the game and also had an effect on cutscenes you would see and the final ending as well. plus, you had a lot of control over your ammunition, depending on which way you wanted to play through the game. (for those of you that aren't familiar, you mix gunpowders in this game to create different kinds of ammo for different weapons, and in varying quantities as well.) and fighting nemesis was always a thrill! i must have played through RE3 9 or 10 times. i also really liked the remake of the first resident evil on the gamecube. that got of lof of play as well.
PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Resident Evil 2 is my fav. RE game
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#25 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts
Until now the best is RE4 imo,followed by RE2,which was the first game of the series I played.
Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Final_MasterX
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
Hands down RE4 for the PS2
uno-dos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 uno-dos
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts
I really like the remake of the first one for the gamecube but im gunna go with RE4
0rdinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 0rdinary
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Resident Evil 4
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Resident Evil 4 :D
Killinchris13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 Killinchris13
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
RE4 no hesitation necessary
x1oafreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 x1oafreedom
i would have to say re4 is the best
NEOSPARKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NEOSPARKING
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
RE4
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

being a huge RE fan, i've played every RE i could get my hands on. thats been pretty much everything there is to offer with the unfortunate exception of resident evil zero. that said, my personal favorite has been resident evil 3 for sure. with its split second decisions it threw at you, it added a lot of replay value because making different decisions affected where you started the next segment of the game and also had an effect on cutscenes you would see and the final ending as well. plus, you had a lot of control over your ammunition, depending on which way you wanted to play through the game. (for those of you that aren't familiar, you mix gunpowders in this game to create different kinds of ammo for different weapons, and in varying quantities as well.) and fighting nemesis was always a thrill! i must have played through RE3 9 or 10 times. i also really liked the remake of the first resident evil on the gamecube. that got of lof of play as well.biohazard

Same here, that extra stuff made RE3 special, and the only game starring a woman that I love :D.

IMO, all RE games are great. Zero pulls a great new playing mode with the tag system, and its really scary thanks to the AWESOME graphics it has. RE started all, and as some said before, it introduced the fear of walking in us. RE 2 was also good, with really scary moments that could make you durty your pants. RE3 added new stuff to the series as creating ammo, the decissions were also cool (something most likely taken from their other survival game, Dino Crisis). RE CV was really a step up, making a whole expansion of the story, explaining more about Umbrella and its secret, something that 0 does as well (by telling us the beginning of the T-Virus and Umbrella. REmake renewed the initial game, with new content and renewed rooms. RE4 changed the face of the series with the new gameplay mode. Also, those who played the PS2 version fully got the real deal of the ganados, as it had some more secrets of the story, with the reason of why Ada was there.

CLOYDRL82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CLOYDRL82
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
I was very impressed with RE4. I noticed a lot of hardcore RE fans didn't like it because it kind of strayed from the zombie element. Then again, the first one was pretty revolutionary. I remember the first time I played it and seeing that dog jump through the window. That has got to be one of the greatest gaming events of all time.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts

Isn't a zombie defined by it's behavior? The horror and scifi genres have no universally accepted explanation for the cause of zombie infection. The reasons cited range from radiation to voodoo and a hundred things in between. Besides it's good to see a series that was growing stale (mostly because it hadn't improved control) change it up a bit. I think that putting some intelligence and organization into the enemy does not neccesarily take it out of the zombie genre. Less so in fact than giving zombies the ability to sprint at a speed that would make Michael Johnson (olympic gold medalist) envious, such as in 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead. As horror stories are told by new creators they are open to reinterpretation so we shouldn't be so quick to pull RE from the zombie genre. That being said RE4 is the best by a mile. The controls on the old games are some of the worst of all time.

Also Resident Evil didn't invent survival horror it popularized it. The first survival horror game was Alone in the Dark and RE not only took it's gameplay, it also took it's setting of a mansion, and the option of a male or female protagonist. Resident Evil is a lot better but elements of it border on plagiarism.

vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vegetta_oozaro
that's correct,mostly is a matter of evolution

Isn't a zombie defined by it's behavior? The horror and scifi genres have no universally accepted explanation for the cause of zombie infection. The reasons cited range from radiation to voodoo and a hundred things in between. Besides it's good to see a series that was growing stale (mostly because it hadn't improved control) change it up a bit. I think that putting some intelligence and organization into the enemy does not neccesarily take it out of the zombie genre. Less so in fact than giving zombies the ability to sprint at a speed that would make Michael Johnson (olympic gold medalist) envious, such as in 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead. As horror stories are told by new creators they are open to reinterpretation so we shouldn't be so quick to pull RE from the zombie genre. That being said RE4 is the best by a mile. The controls on the old games are some of the worst of all time.

Also Resident Evil didn't invent survival horror it popularized it. The first survival horror game was Alone in the Dark and RE not only took it's gameplay, it also took it's setting of a mansion, and the option of a male or female protagonist. Resident Evil is a lot better but elements of it border on plagiarism.

Second_Rook
lanaforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lanaforever
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts
[QUOTE="x_fly_to_fall_x"]

Enmiand

You're not alone. Count me in too.

one more vote...but,RE4 was greaaattt shooter,though

giovannis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 giovannis
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
To me it's RE4, nice graphics and gameplay, the only negative i have to say is that it isn't scary.
Dj_Strafer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dj_Strafer
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
Resident Evil 2
m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts
The original Resident Evil (PS) was always my favorite, but Resident Evil 4 (PS2) and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS2) were also two of my favorite. Personally, I think the best RE experience I've had was playing REmake on the GameCube. The graphics are amazing and the story is easily my favorite in the series.
Draego88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Draego88

hands down RE4 its one of my all time favorites

vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vegetta_oozaro

IMHO a game is good or bad especially judging from its storyline ,then graphics etc...

resident evil 4 is a magniificent RESIDENT EVIL game due to its content ,characters and !plot

vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vegetta_oozaro

IMHO a game is good or bad especially judging from its storyline ,then graphics etc...

resident evil 4 is a magniificent RESIDENT EVIL game due to its content ,characters and plot !