Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 boboboj
Member since 2005 • 3932 Posts

SPOILERS

Well I have been trying to beat Tiamat but I keep on losing so I am wondering if I’m underleveled vaan Is level 19 and everybody else is level 18 so am I under leveled or am I doing something wrong

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
i dunno exactly, but level grinding is one of the best thing to do (IMO), and i think you should ask at FFXII forum for a quick  answer :)
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
lol, I forgot who Tiamat is.
danwoodfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 danwoodfield
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

I forget who Tiamet is also but you can never be underlevelled imo in FFX11

One of the Magics (i'll let you find out which one) pretty much makes you invincible fom the second you have it for all characters.

Just follow the Leveling grid the one way once you know which magic.

Its this that really lets the game down imo.

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 boboboj

SPOILERS

your chasing that bunney (sorry i foget there name) and there is two t-rexs that are outside i hope this helps and you have to ride chocobo to get there.

danwoodfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 danwoodfield
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

Oh, yeah, pretty early on, you won't have the magic i allude to above just yet.

This was a hard fight for me.

I ran around a lot if i remember, and this may have been one of the fights where a quickening/summoning thing might have come in handy.

Keep trying, run around the back of the dino a lot and use your quickening, frustrating but do-able.

njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 njdss4
Member since 2003 • 2721 Posts
Well if you're having trouble just fight for a minute or two then do a Quickening Chain. Should be enough to take him out. It takes the fun out of the fight but this early in the game it should work.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
There is one thing I learned from playing FF XII, you are almost always underleveled in FF XII. It never hurts to go back and get three or four more levels.
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 boboboj
well i can get him all the way down until he goes into rage mode what do i do then?
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 raziellich
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts

Hmm....isn't this one of the ones where Larsa is giving you hi potion after hi potions. Just KEEP HIM ALIVE.  Take control of your healer and run around the darn thing. He/she will gain back mp and be able to help out longer.

But mostly I guess your problem is that you need better armor. You'd be suprised how much damage gets reduced by a simple armor upgrade.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
By the time I got there I was about lvl 30. I say you run back to the Ozmone Plains and lvl up. plus you get tons of loot to seel, maybe even somethings rare.
ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts

i recommend you to play the game without over leveling because its more fun

just continue game while wondering and you'll fight bosses at right times, so you are not under leveled, the game is challenging. fight mark huntings, bosses so you'll be always at the right level. and since you beat Vossler, which i find harder, you can probably win against Tiamat if you try different strategies.

Quickening chains are your friend. keep 3 party members until you get half of Tiamat's hp, then with your fresh team use quickenings and try to pass 11 chain hit. if you can do it you can take more than 20k and thats 2/5 of Tiamat's HP, so you'll just have to keep attacking until he dies for a short time now.

btw, while fighting keep your members distant from each other so AoE spells wont affect all of your party and your all members wont be disabled at the same time. change leadership and move them so they will stay at the point where you left them.

if you dont want to use Quickenings you can use 6 members so it may be helpful too, Quickenings are just to end it more quickly

FFXII is hard but its fun because different tactics and items are useful. SE admitted that Yiazmat, 50000000 HP optional boss, can be defeated at level 1 ( there is an item that makes your gained experiences 0 ) but ofcourse its time is longer and you have to be so much more careful and you have to have best equipments. there is a video on youtube i think and that battle took around 12 hours.

So, you can beat Tiamat at level 18, if you want

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

oh yeah, i've noticed that you asked for help. well here it is.

Your strongest fighter should have Protect, Regain, and Decoy set on him at all times so that he/she isthe only one getting attacked and he/she has the majick on him to help him/her out. Keep on hitting him but try to save your MP. After you get the tiamet down to rage mode link up some mist attacks to take downa lot more of his hp. now it's all up to you to take him down. Like I said before, if you keep decoy on your strongest mbr then the rest of the team should be safe. I do suggest you level up though, this is a tough fight.