Zune HD 32 - Worth Buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kev_Dawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kev_Dawg
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts

Before I go on, I own a first generation iTouch 16GB. All I want to know is if Zune is worth me buying, and if it were to be better than my itouch? The HD capability is interesting I must say...

Let me know your thoughs. *Include Pro's and Con's if you can please*

By the way, it's going to be a Christmas gift if it's worth the money.

Thanks

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 cspiffo
Member since 2005 • 2841 Posts
The Zune HD is awesome. I just thought you should know that you need the HD Dock to get HD output from the Zune HD. It cost's about a $100. If you have an XBOX 360 It will stream the HD content from the Zune software through a home network with or without a Zune HD. Honestly, the HD output is only necessary for on the road use. BTW, the screen is phenomonal and the software is excellent. Why don't you go to an electronics store and check one out before you buy one.
Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts

I don't know of the deal is still up, but you can get the Zune HD 32 GB for about $215.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

I don't know of the deal is still up, but you can get the Zune HD 32 GB for about $215.

Luminouslight
Catch with that on first glance - Bing cashback is void if you use a coupon code, so they'll likely deny the 20% cashback after the fact.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I've given up on apple. I'm tired of buying ipods. They're terribly overpriced considering they generally last about a year. It seems with the release of the iphone, apple wants to enforce an ipod "subscription" of sorts which I'm not a big fan of.

Ipod

pros

Itunes. It still remains the best imo. Though I've been having problems syncing photos with the touch, as of late.

The product itself is easy to use. Though, when scrolling through songs, why can't I skip to a given letter at times?

cons

Terrible customer service--I had a 2 or 3g Ipod Video and it broke down about 8 months in. Had to "exchange" it for a refurb. Then I had to exchange the refurb for another refurb. And I sh*t you not, within a one week span, I'm exchanging the second refurb, for yet another one. The worst part of it all was that the apple "geniuses" acted as if it was my problem.

If I were you I'd hold off for the second generation of the ZUne HD. First gen models typically have their bugs, or the company brings one out shortly after, with more thrills.

I heard a rumor that a future iteration of the zune is going to more or less be the portable xbox.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts

I've given up on apple. I'm tired of buying ipods. They're terribly overpriced considering they generally last about a year. It seems with the release of the iphone, apple wants to enforce an ipod "subscription" of sorts which I'm not a big fan of.

Ipod

pros

Itunes. It still remains the best imo. Though I've been having problems syncing photos with the touch, as of late.

The product itself is easy to use. Though, when scrolling through songs, why can't I skip to a given letter at times?

cons

Terrible customer service--I had a 2 or 3g Ipod Video and it broke down about 8 months in. Had to "exchange" it for a refurb. Then I had to exchange the refurb for another refurb. And I sh*t you not, within a one week span, I'm exchanging the second refurb, for yet another one. The worst part of it all was that the apple "geniuses" acted as if it was my problem.

If I were you I'd hold off for the second generation of the ZUne HD. First gen models typically have their bugs, or the company brings one out shortly after, with more thrills.

I heard a rumor that a future iteration of the zune is going to more or less be the portable xbox.

Heirren
seeing how it came out 2 months ago, i dont understand how those rumors could be true. If you want a zune HD i highly recommend it if media first is what you want.