Xbox 360 wireless controller and PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bucketz23 (298 posts) -

Basically my Xbox 360 wireless controller is not connecting with my Laptop. I've downloaded and installed all the needed software but it still doesn't work. My laptop DOES have BlueTooth. I press the X button and it brights up, but it's not connecting with my laptop.

If you could please helpme solve this, it would be much appreciated.

#2 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -

Basically my Xbox 360 wireless controller is not connecting with my Laptop. I've downloaded and installed all the needed software but it still doesn't work. My laptop DOES have BlueTooth. I press the X button and it brights up, but it's not connecting with my laptop.

If you could please helpme solve this, it would be much appreciated.

Bucketz23

The Xbox 360 controller doesent connect via bluetooth!

#3 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -
The only way to connect a wireless 360 controller to your computer is to purchase the adapter that Microsoft sells. The controller, as the previous poster already mentioned, doesn't use bluetooth (unlike competing systems).
#4 Posted by benboz (4221 posts) -
I have the wireless adapter for my PC that connects the controller, headset and my racing wheel for my pc games. I got mine for $30 which is good. That is the only way you can connect it to your pc or laptop.
#5 Posted by kozzy1234 (35361 posts) -
I just bought a wired 360 one for cheap to use for the pc if i need it :P
#6 Posted by Bucketz23 (298 posts) -

I know it doesn't connect by bluetooth, I was merely stacking the fact :P .

I downloaded something from Microsoft which is supposed to connect the controller to the Laptop.

Oh well.

#7 Posted by vitriolboy (4356 posts) -

You need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows or something similar.

Get a wired pad, its easier

#8 Posted by -Beatz- (2656 posts) -
Just a quick question. Are the Xbox360 controllers compatible with the PC version of Resident Evil 4? I think they are, since they are even compatible with GH II's X-Plorer, but I want to be sure.
#9 Posted by lockjaw333 (1741 posts) -
Its actually cheaper to go with the wireless adapter. I bought it the other day for $19.99. A wired 360 controller is $34.99. Works great, definitely a cool experience to play Crysis with the Xbox 360 controller and take advantage of the rumble.
#10 Posted by Zacheria (1 posts) -
Can you connect a wirless controller via the recharable battery cable?
#11 Posted by crazymonkey092 (974 posts) -
Can you connect a wirless controller via the recharable battery cable?Zacheria
nope, only through the adapter.
#12 Posted by Makari (15250 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zacheria"]Can you connect a wirless controller via the recharable battery cable?crazymonkey092
nope, only through the adapter.

you sometimes can, it's pretty random - it's 95% the older 'original' wireless controllers that work that way though, except i do know one or two people with newer ones that work. short version, it's not SUPPOSED to work like that haha
#13 Posted by dinjo_jo (685 posts) -
Wired is also much better supported as compared to wireless
#14 Posted by brscott (5 posts) -

You need a Microsoft Xbox 360™ Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/Hardware/Controllers/Pages/XboxWirelessGamingReceiverforWindows.aspx

You can connect up to four wireless Xbox 360 controllers with one gaming receiver. Refresh the page if the link does not open.