WOW now Hawx demo does not work what next?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
Im sorry but im getting fed up of all these crappy games lately Coding is hard yeah ok i do it myself it is but these are companies earning and spending millions GTA 4 Fallout 3 Far cry 2 Brothers in arms hell's highway probably a few more that i don't own each with there own problems, still after some months GTA4 and fallout 3 cause many problems for people and the majority of FC2 and BIA is ok for most now So your wondering where Hawx on PC comes in, i think great something like ace combat coming to PC, maybe better with the new angle of attack, maneuvers and the graphics are sweet as well, i think great download it on the wednesday last week or whenever it was got pushed back, ok kinda stupid must be fixing problems or something, download the demo today when it is out, nice hefty 1.24GB of my download limit took about 45 mins not bad, start up, create profile, 'apply' the profile AND IT CRASHES!!! i minimize out the first time i thought it was my firewall as it came up with a message so i allowed it restart try again and yet still crashes, i also try the DX10 exe and the same thing happens, you have to create a profile to gain access to the main menu i guess This is just getting insane another game that crashes ok i don't expect a demo to be fully perfect but crashing can you be serious, if this is a widespread problem and not just me then HAHAHA to ubisoft, im getting tired of this crap all the friggen time Just to let all of you know, if you have the same problem or a fix please post, this does look good for me buying the final game
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Wticher, Guild Wars, Crysis, King's Bounty, and all my many others games never give me any issues, except Gothic III, but it got better after the patches. I know its not helping you much, But I currently have a MSI MB, Intel CPU, Corsair ram, Creative labs sound card, nvidia top of the line graphics card (ALL updated drivers on Vista 32bit). But then again I've ran other MB, cpu, ram, video combos and never had any problems either, go figure. All I can say is good luck, and free BUMP. :)

Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Beaglesniffer
The games that i mentioned only gave me minor problems which were fixable still a little annoying but for some people they were hell! ha im talking on the ubisoft forums two other people so far have the same problem so its not just me, its just annoying after downloading all that to play nothing :(
pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

The Hawx demo works fine for me just to let you know. Of the game its an arcade fighter as we all know and it was ok, fun.

Does this crash give you any kind of message or does it freeze/just close down. Could the demo be possibly having problems with Vista 64-bit.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Impossible to control with the keyboard, the default layout is shown as AZERTY (but it's actually QWERTY, go figure...), and has no subtitles.

Impossible to Alt-Tab, Alt-F4 ain't working. Why did they even bothered to make a port?

Works fine on Vista-64 here.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

Don't mean to defend the game or saying you guys don't have these problems or anything. But Alt-Tab fortunately works for me and I had QWERTY layout shown in the control settings.

I used the arrow keys along with the rest of the keys for controls.

Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Beaglesniffer
let you guys know if anyone had my problem run in XP compatibility mode!! an admin, through the shortcut or exe properties I have to say its very good much better than expected the new view is crazy, i can only imagine it getting better when im more used to it Thanks, Craig
kevintrisha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 kevintrisha
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I pre purchased HAWX on my STEAM account. I had to wait 7 extra days for the release. Now after the long download.....Bam......it hangs on the first screen (ESRB SCREEN) while I hear a ding in the background......After checking.....The game is not responding. If I put $50.00 a game down to play.....why do I have to put up with them not working? You wonder why people want to pirate this stuff. I pay for my games....I expect them to work. I am very frustrated. Finally, I still have not heard back from STEAM tech support. Ok....I have said my peace.
HondaSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HondaSnake
Member since 2007 • 502 Posts
That's a shame. All the games you mentioned worked perfectly for me, including the Hawx demo. I'm running XP though, so who knows if that's making a huge difference or not.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Well, I had no problems with those you mentioned, except for a few crashes on Fallout 3 after 9 hours of gameplay... I need to get H.A.W.X...
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts

Impossible to control with the keyboard...Baranga

Well one should note that it IS a flying game which while arcade over sim still involves airplanes... So it stands to reason you're likely meant to use some sort of flight stick to play it.

little_keating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 little_keating
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

Unfortunately I am having the same problems as you with this demo. Freezes whenever I try to select my user (only escape is ctrl+alt+dlt). I've tried everything you suggested (run in xp compatability mode + run as admin).. I've evenadded some d3dx9_39.dll file and still nothing :( So dissapointed/pissed off!

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
does it give you an error message
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#14 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
Seems like the games are not as optimized as they should be. I got HAWX demo over steam and that worked perfectly for me, but Call of Juarez (UbiSoft again) would not work on Vista 64 bit machine. I don't know what the problem is, I tried everything I can think of. Seems as if some hardware combination is what is doing this to games.