WOW Cursor Stuttering... PLEASE HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crazyspud
Member since 2003 • 118 Posts
Hi Guys an Gals

I am having loads of probs with this and I am stumped - so hopeing someone here can help...

The basics of the problem is that when playing World of Warcraft, I am getting loads of stuttering and lag on the cursor at random times (E.g You move cursor, nothing happens, move it loads, still nothing, then of it goes again about 1 sec later. Or hit a button and nothing happens, or just stuttering and jumping as you move it around.), but pretty much all the time. This means its almost impossible to play, and thats bad....

To try to solve this I have, firstly reinstalled the drivers for the mouse. Then triple checked all the settings, then checked them against windows settings to ensure no conflicts. Then I have replaced the Mouse, Keyboard and Mousemat. Then I have reinstalled Warcraft from scratch.

Now I am stressed out and cant think what else to look at?? This prob seemed to just start about 1-2 weeks ago, cant think of anything installed or added to PC at that time?

Thanks in advance...
SLI_Yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SLI_Yoshi
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts
what mouse + keyboard do u have?
Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Crazyspud
Hi KB - Logitec DiNovo Edge Mouse - Logitec MX Revolution Thanks
_0V3RKI11_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _0V3RKI11_
Member since 2006 • 2267 Posts
Hi Guys an Gals

I am having loads of probs with this and I am stumped - so hopeing someone here can help...

The basics of the problem is that when playing World of Warcraft, I am getting loads of stuttering and lag on the cursor at random times (E.g You move cursor, nothing happens, move it loads, still nothing, then of it goes again about 1 sec later. Or hit a button and nothing happens, or just stuttering and jumping as you move it around.), but pretty much all the time. This means its almost impossible to play, and thats bad....

To try to solve this I have, firstly reinstalled the drivers for the mouse. Then triple checked all the settings, then checked them against windows settings to ensure no conflicts. Then I have replaced the Mouse, Keyboard and Mousemat. Then I have reinstalled Warcraft from scratch.

Now I am stressed out and cant think what else to look at?? This prob seemed to just start about 1-2 weeks ago, cant think of anything installed or added to PC at that time?

Thanks in advance...
Crazyspud
Worth a try, but in settings, if hardware accelerated mouse is on/off, change it...
Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crazyspud
In the Windows or Game settings? Thanks btw
_0V3RKI11_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _0V3RKI11_
In the Windows or Game settings? Thanks btwCrazyspud
In game settings ^_^.
Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Crazyspud
Nope, still the same. Sry, thinking about it that was a dumb thing to ask lol AARRGGHH - any other ideas? This is driving me crazy

PS - I get no probs in windows normally..
_0V3RKI11_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _0V3RKI11_
[QUOTE="Crazyspud"]Nope, still the same. Sry, thinking about it that was a dumb thing to ask lol AARRGGHH - any other ideas? This is driving me crazy

PS - I get no probs in windows normally..

Long shot, might not work, BUT, try this, go to Control panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot tab, and change the hardware acceleration settings, so that it's 2 down from full, and says "disable all cursor and advanced drawing aclerations I had a problem, simular to yours, and that fixed it, I changed it back a couple of days later, and it worked fine... It might be because of a new driver? But yeah, give that a go.
Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crazyspud
Any ideas where that is in vista lol?
_0V3RKI11_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _0V3RKI11_
Any ideas where that is in vista lol?Crazyspud
Oh sorry, I'm on XP.... Has it been doing it constantly? If so, it might be a driver conflict somewhere, get the newest, if you've got the newest, see if you can grab a beta...
Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crazyspud
Yep - Is newest - No, just started doing it about 2 weeks ago
_0V3RKI11_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _0V3RKI11_
Yep - Is newest - No, just started doing it about 2 weeks agoCrazyspud
Any major changes? Keyboard or mouse (including drivers), graphics, chipset etc...?
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
it could be vista it self, but this happened to my a while back. i stoped using the comp for like couple days. it just went away, but i left the comp totaly off with everything unpluggd. try that for one day or so.
Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Crazyspud
Ok, I am gonna try that, as its now doing it all the time, not just WOW. Constantly stuttering and freezing....
theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 theragu40
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts
If you're using Vista, I have to go with others and say it's a driver issue. Have you tried uninstalling the MX-specific drivers and using default Windows mouse drivers? That will not allow you to use whatever special features the mouse has, but it will tell you for sure if it's a driver issue or something else. If it's not that, it's possible that it's just a Vista/WoW thing...have you googled around to see if anyone else is experiencing the problem? Lastly, see if you can borrow someone else's mouse and test that out. That will help you determine if it's that your mouse if faulty, if the drivers don't work, or if it's something else. Good luck.
Crazyspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crazyspud
I would normally give my post the same reply, but I have decided it must be my motherboard (EVGA 680i) as I have tried everything else already. The mobo is getting RMA'ed due to poor overclocking on quads, but i think they also might of had some issues with something input related, whatever, gonna get the new board and see what happens, hopefully nothing weird! Cheers for the help