Would like some suggestion to figure out a problem @_@

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

So me and my cousin build my PC, and it was working great until the Hard Drive started crashing when i played games. Then I switched it with another one and it was working fine... then I left for vacation and i put away my desktop covered with a blanket and when i came back i cleaned it with dry cloth. 

Anyways now that i use it again when i play games it starts crashing... most noticeably on League of Legends. The computer freezes for about 2 - 4 minutes before it then tries to catch up to everything that had happened. This happenes like 3 - 5 times in a 40 minute match. It also happens with non-online games except it doens't freeze.. but it starts to lag and the sound goes buggy.

I think maybe we messed up in the computer parts?

My PC parts are:

AMD FX-6300 Vishera ( 6- core processor )

MSI 970A-G46 ( mother board )

Raedeon HD 7750 ( Graphics card )

G.Skill ripjaws 8gb DDR3 Sram

Before anyone says it all drivers are updated, double checked before typing this thread.

waldo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 waldo6
Member since 2004 • 122 Posts

Can you check the CPU and GPU temps when you play some games and post the temps here? Maybe the PC is overheating.

Also post here your PSU wattage and brand to see if there is a problem with it.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
sounds like a TDR issue. Video driver times out and recovers.
mrhatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrhatz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

If its only during games I would agree that the video drivers could be having issues. I've had times where the newest video drivers had issues and had to downgrade to an older version until they made a new one. I also agree that it could be the hard drive temps since that could slow or cause freezes as well. Also check your operating system for updates. This can sometimes have odd effects on programs.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

I had a friend who was having similar issues with Leagues and downgrading video drivers took care of it.  Try giving that a shot.