Would Guild wars 2 work on this laptop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheStarM4n (301 posts) -

Intel core duo cpu T5750 @ 2.00ghz (2 cpus) `\~2ghz

4gig ram

Nvidia Geforce 9700M GT

Hdd is good and so is OS anything else

Can you run it isnt working for me by the way

#2 Posted by C_Rule (9815 posts) -

Likely won't run very well.

#3 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

We don't really know yet. It's still in beta testing (as of this moment). It's already bringing down beefy gaming rigs to their knees. But don't get it twisted though. This beta test is CPU-bound, and it isn't optimized. Once this game starts utilizing both CPU and GPU, it'll run like a stallion. Theoretically speaking, if Guild Wars 2 was fully optimized today, you might be able to run it on low? I'm pure guessing. Don't quote me.

#4 Posted by TheStarM4n (301 posts) -

K thanks any other thoughts?

#5 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

TheStarM4n
Well, to be honest, if you're really serious about Guild Wars 2, you might want to consider putting together a mid-range PC for it. Or high-end if you have the cash. I reckon you'll be playing other games as well? Just a thought. Cheers.
#6 Posted by TheStarM4n (301 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheStarM4n"]

Elann2008
Well, to be honest, if you're really serious about Guild Wars 2, you might want to consider putting together a mid-range PC for it. Or high-end if you have the cash. I reckon you'll be playing other games as well? Just a thought. Cheers.

Lol not really either but ok thanks
#7 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

guildwars 1 will run like a dream

guildwars 2 will likely run on low settings the culprit here is that its a laptop. laptop cpu's dont have the horsepower of their desktop siblings. your core 2 duo is going to get eaten faster than the last rib @ an all-you-can-eat night at the canad-inn's

#8 Posted by katana_duo (1751 posts) -
Laptops don't normally have gaming headroom. This is why they make graphics cards for desktops :P