Witcher 2 sound issue.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sinn12
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hi, recently the witcher 2 has been giving me a problem that i havn't experienced before. I noticed right away that my shealthing sword and attacking and parring made little to no sound. It is incredibly faded. When i hit enemies theres little to no sword slashing sound. I checked my ingame sound its cranked up, computer sound is up, and i switched my speakers with my headphones and get the same results. I'm playing on patch 1.2. Why are the sword effects of attacking, shealthing, and parrying so dim then it used to be when i played previously? It feels like im hitting bugged soldiers where you attack and theres just no slashing noise. I can hear geralt groan as he attacks and i can FAINTLY here the sword wizz in the air as i jump to a soldier. If the swords meet for a parry, no sound. Any help would be very much appreciated. Its bothering me greatly.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
I had good results when I went into the Control Panel for Sound, and then into Speaker Properties. I activated Loudness Equalization and the Equalizer. Both helped bring out all the sounds.
Sinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sinn12
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]I had good results when I went into the Control Panel for Sound, and then into Speaker Properties. I activated Loudness Equalization and the Equalizer. Both helped bring out all the sounds.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and did as you suggested and the sound still isn't working correctly. >
Sinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sinn12
The NPC's when they attack, i can hear their swords and their armor go "Tink" but when i attack theres just barly a sound of it... its so faint.
BodomArmy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BodomArmy666
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts

well it could be the game...but i really dont think so unless it is a corrupt file problem. There are only two options to tweak for sound in TW2. However, try messing around in your control panel for your sound card. What card are you using. Sometimes....for no reason at all my settings change, I think it usually happens when I update drivers or something. For instance...I only have 2 speakers and a sub. When my settings for my sound card get switched to lets say surround sound, a lot of the sounds in games, especially sounds that are supposed to play through the rear speakers (I have none) sound very faint. If an explosion happens behind me, I wont hear it. But when I switch it back to two speaker stereo, everythings cool.

other than that, all i can say is make sure you have the most updated drivers. You already re installed the game so I wouldnt suggest that again. hope you fix it.

Sinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sinn12
Still toying with it. I beat the game already so i know what its supposed to sound like so its very bothering.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 topsemag55
[QUOTE="Sinn12"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]I had good results when I went into the Control Panel for Sound, and then into Speaker Properties. I activated Loudness Equalization and the Equalizer. Both helped bring out all the sounds.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and did as you suggested and the sound still isn't working correctly. >

Did you raise the equalizer frequencies? For those sounds, raise the higher freqs more (from 1k up) from the center position, and do a save.
Sinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sinn12
[QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="Sinn12"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]I had good results when I went into the Control Panel for Sound, and then into Speaker Properties. I activated Loudness Equalization and the Equalizer. Both helped bring out all the sounds.

Did you raise the equalizer frequencies? For those sounds, raise the higher freqs more (from 1k up) from the center position, and do a save.

Raised the 1k-16k freq to max, saved it and still the same issue. Starting to think its the game, but then again i havn't found any posts on google that talk about this issue and i've reinstalled it twice, and i know its worked fine yesterday. so frustrating
Sinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sinn12
Hey, finally fixed the problem. I right clicked on my speaker system in Sound and went to configure. It said i was on a surround sound setting. Not sure how it got changed but everythings back to normal Thanks for all who gave their time to help i really appreciate it. Glad this wasn't as complicated as i thought. it was on 5.1.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 topsemag55
Glad to hear you caught the problem. Hope you're enjoying the game.:)