WIRED xbox 360 controller for PC: blinking 4 lights problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

harry_hardest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 harry_hardest
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hi all,

I have and issue with my XBOX360 WIRED controller for Pc.
From time to time 4 lights of the central button start blinking. There is no reason for them to do that and I am concerned about the cause. They keep on flashing till you unplug the USB. Plugging again solves the question.
Usb keyboard and mouse work great.

My SO si Win7 64bit. The pad is ok because I have tried another wired one with the same result. The issue happens once every 2 days more or less.

What is the reason of this? Do I have my MOBO damaged?

Thanks for your help

------------------------------ MOBO: Asus P5Q SE
CPU: Intel Q9505 (2,83 Ghz)
VIDEO: Asus ENGTS 250 1Gb DDR3
RAM: 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Im not sure about the PC but on my Xbox the 4 lights blink when it has to be synced to the system Im playing.It happens when there's no system on but the controler is as well,which is kind of the same issue,no system to connect to.

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts
I have the same issue recently, nothing had changed, nothing was moved, no new installs on my part thought I do recall an windows update in there. It hasnt happened for quite awhile now. as a matter of fact, I dont think its happened since the last windows update. My controlled would just blink as if not connected. Mind you, I have the reciever on the shelf under my desk so I never though to check it, but when I did I realized that it wasnt "on", it was plugged in, but there was no light, Once I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it worked perfectly again. I wish I could tell you how to fix this, mine seems to of fixed itself, check for windows updates, maybe you missed the most recent one? I just wanted to share my situation with you as it was the same one, not much insight in there, but maybe check for windows updates? maybe you missed one? Good luck with the fix, take care. *sorry... I totally read that as wireless...*
dufferemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dufferemail
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Simple Fix...re-sync y our controller. The controller is out of sync. It hapeens if you have a PC or any type of wireless controller. Especially if you have other IR devices - tv remotes, etc. Just hold down the button the the wireless USB connector and the botton on the gamepad (The small botton located next to the left trigger\bumper). My controller is white, so so is my button.

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts

Simple Fix...re-sync y our controller. The controller is out of sync. It hapeens if you have a PC or any type of wireless controller. Especially if you have other IR devices - tv remotes, etc. Just hold down the button the the wireless USB connector and the botton on the gamepad (The small botton located next to the left trigger\bumper). My controller is white, so so is my button.

dufferemail
maybe you should re-read the OP
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Might be a problem with your USB port..

vaanmortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vaanmortier
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Since this thread is pretty high up in the search results, here's how I solved it.

• Go to "device manager" in control panel,
  • find the controller there,
  • unplug your controller,
  • uninstall the driver,
  • wait a few seconds,
  • then plug the controller back in and let it automatically install the driver.

Had to do it a few times for some reason, but it eventually fixed it for me.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

Your PC is going to have the infamous RROD. You brought the disease to a different platform!

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
It's a short in the wires and the controller looses connection, happens all the time with wired controllers after months of playing, usually at the top of the controller where the wires get twisted and break connection and if you wiggle them it reconnects. Microsoft uses really tiny cheap wiring in all of there products to get people to rebuy there products.