Windows V.S. Mac - You Decide!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Simsfreak14
Member since 2006 • 1480 Posts
What do you like better and why?
Private_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Private_Adam
Member since 2005 • 9864 Posts
I prefer windows because it's easier to use then mac and I have never used linux.
banedonoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 banedonoes
Member since 2007 • 701 Posts
windows has games
Nintendo-Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Nintendo-Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4361 Posts
I perfer windows at the moment because I am still in high school and windows has everything I need. but once i get into university i might get an iBook (i think thats what they are called) because of the sleekness and the light weight of them, also the simplicity of the apps seems like it could be useful for uni.
-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
I prefer Windows. I have owned a Mac and think it is one of the biggest mistakes I will ever make. Say that I don't like a program provided for the Mac by Apple I would have to look for days and sometimes months for somewhere that will carry another program. The keyboard is terrible, the mouse is akward to use, and I can't do any upgrades or repairs myself. I have never been so frusterated with one computer. I have since built a great gaming rig that is running XP and I am content.
Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alejo17
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts
VISTA
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Windows for gaming.

Linux for most everything else (most secure, most stable, extremely customizable, and it has a very active open-source software community.)

rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts

lol don't get me started on macs. Its nice that it runs off of UNIX but, they are probably the worst creations known to man. We have them in one of our classes for school and they are pathetic. First of all the hardware isnt all that great for the price. Out of about 30 computers 8 of them overheat constantly and randomly shutdown. 2 of them had to have dead componets replaced. The mouse is just the biggest pice of **** i have ever had to use. Its too small the buttons on the side are too sensitive, the ball is way too small and there is no middle click, it takes extra thought and often requires you reposition your hand or lift your hand off the mouse to right click. And the OS is worse. First of all it is just too flashy and all fluff. The universial top bar is kind of stupid IMO to access any of the system options you cannot have focus on a window, and it is just seems like a hastle to move all the way to the top of the sreen to go to file or edit etc... To quit an application you must go to file quit, pressing the X does not kill the process. I also don't see what is so great about the almight mac dock bar at the bottom.... not really that productive IMO. It doesn't seem like there are that many software options either (or hardware for that matter) but I have not looked too hard. Apple also spawend itunes which kills it for me also(one word....DRM).

The whole avertising campain for a Mac is agrvating too. "We are better than PC, but give no real logical reasons" or the whole you have to be a libral douche bag to own a Mac (which is kind of true). To top it all off they have to put 'i' infront of everything...

Windows...Meh 90% of the world uses it so its going to work, except for Vista which has no advantages over XP.

Linux is my first choice (Open source FTW) repos are amzing, and there is just so much software (thats open source ^^ of course) but the hardware manufatures do not release their drivers as open source. So in some cases you have to use Windows to play games.

Lord_Rothen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lord_Rothen
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts
I use windows, although I would like to see how linux is like. Otherwise I'm fine with XP. I have no complaints about microsoft, but sometimes there are just problems that are difficult to solve in windows. That, however, has gotten better over the years since 3.1 and so on.
blooddrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blooddrunk
Member since 2008 • 1036 Posts
fedora, red hat, ubuntu, suse, dsl, etc...
blooddrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blooddrunk
Member since 2008 • 1036 Posts

redhat*

and no i will nopt decide, i will deicide!

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

*waits for code-zero to balance out the argument*

My view is, OS X is for laptops, and windows is for desktop. I mean you aren't going to game on a laptop anyways, might as well get a mac.

Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts

I prefer Linux since it's free, has better performance than any of the others, and is extremely customizeable.

I use Windows because it's alot easier to game on (don't have to hassle with Cedega and Wine + reduced compatibility and performance), and it's easy to use.

I would never touch a Mac... they're overpriced fashion accessories for tools. Closed platform ftl.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Although, I'm solely a Windows (XP,Vista) user I do believe that Macs is much better. I went into an Apple store here where I live and played on a Mac for about 10 minutes and was absolutely amazed at how much more better things look visually, the response when you click icons, configurability, ease of use, stability and just a whole brand new feel as opposed to Windows. This makes me wonder how Microsoft can be one of the most richest company's in the world and still be behind when compared to what Macs have accomplished. Shame on you Microsoft for not having revolutionary people on your staff with the necessary brain power like Apple!!
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
windows, macs have some nice features and look nice but have a pretty average keyboard and the mouse is so bad uni has ms mice on all the macs. Apple have some anti right click thing on their mice. really there is very little difference between the os, just one runs on over priced hardware