Windows 10 runs better than OSX on new MacBook

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Link

I don't know why anyone would want to be a 2015 MacBook, as it's the most overpriced Netbook on the market. Then someone decided to add boot-camp and loaded Windows 10 TP on it and the results show how much Microsoft has come making the most efficient OS to date. It runs a whole lot better than Yosemite on its native hardware. Also, it seems that Windows 10 also gave the MacBook a boost of battery life too.

It's fast. It's smooth. It renders at 60FPS unless you have a lot going on," writes King on his blog. "It's unequivocally better than performance on OS X, further leading me to believe that Apple really needs to overhaul how animations are done. Even when I turn Transparency off in OS X, Mission Control isn't completely smooth. Here, even after some Aero Glass transparency has been added in, everything is smooth. It's remarkable, and it makes me believe in the 12-inch MacBook more than ever before."

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

I don't know why anyone would want to be a 2015 MacBook, as it's the most overpriced Netbook on the market. Then someone decided to add boot-camp and loaded Windows 10 TP on it and the results show how much Microsoft has come making the most efficient OS to date. It runs a whole lot better than Yosemite on its native hardware. Also, it seems that Windows 10 also gave the MacBook a boost of battery life too.

It's fast. It's smooth. It renders at 60FPS unless you have a lot going on," writes King on his blog. "It's unequivocally better than performance on OS X, further leading me to believe that Apple really needs to overhaul how animations are done. Even when I turn Transparency off in OS X, Mission Control isn't completely smooth. Here, even after some Aero Glass transparency has been added in, everything is smooth. It's remarkable, and it makes me believe in the 12-inch MacBook more than ever before."

Well a lot of people have complained about MS making everything (graphic-wise) a lot more flatter and basic.... but on the positive side this provides a much more stable and faster OS.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@FelipeInside: people have complained about that? Lol and I thought people just complained when they wanted to make it flashier. Seems people are never happy.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Well a lot of people have complained about MS making everything (graphic-wise) a lot more flatter and basic.... but on the positive side this provides a much more stable and faster OS.

I've gotten used to the flat look, even KDE 5 for linux has gone with the flat look, and it looks really good.

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

The new flat look reminds me of Windows 3.1

It's got those nice sharp corners you can cut yourself on too.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@mister-man No way you'll win this one