Will you be buying WildStar?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I am. Wondering if anyone else here will too. Maybe we can start a guild???

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Sorry no. The combat is fun and the graphics and tone of the game is also funny and fun, but I just got bored of it rather quickly... much quicker than I thought.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@behardy24 said:

Sorry no. The combat is fun and the graphics and tone of the game is also funny and fun, but I just got bored of it rather quickly... much quicker than I thought.

This.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

I'll pick it up. Looks great to me.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No

i am already paying for ff14

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

At some point.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I really enjoyed the beta, but probably wont be buying it. The combat is just requires too much concentration and multitasking with all the abilities being manual targeted (so if you click AT ALL you can't do proper mouse turning) and avoiding telegraphs. It is outside the the range of my skill level. Which is a shame because I enjoyed the housing stuff and the game in general.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Only if my friends get it.

The game isn't very fun, but might be moderately enjoyable with friends.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Played a couple of hours and it's... not bad.

If I didn't have the buy the game AND pay a suc then I'd get it but both isn't worth it right now. Too much grinding right from the get go.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Was so excited for this game because watching the dev videos made it look as though the fun factor would be off the charts. Playing it was a huge letdown.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

No, I'm already playing GW2 and am enjoying myself quite a bit, so a new MMO will not make sense for me right now.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JohnF111

@vfibsux said:

Was so excited for this game because watching the dev videos made it look as though the fun factor would be off the charts. Playing it was a huge letdown.

Yeah it looked like the MMO we were missing but then suddenly you log in and it's "Kill 10 X" "Bring me X of these".

*logs out*.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Played it at PAX and preordered it on the spot.

Then played the beta weekends and was further impressed. PvP is probably the best aspect of the game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

OFF-TOPIC: did Gamespot like go down for a whole day?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

Probably play it after Realm Reborn, which could be a while.

MMO's are just too much of a time sync for me personally to juggle between them.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Behardy24

@FelipeInside said:

OFF-TOPIC: did Gamespot like go down for a whole day?

All CBS sites shutdown for a little while. Don't know why though.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

Yeah it looked like the MMO we were missing but then suddenly you log in and it's "Kill 10 X" "Bring me X of these".

*logs out*.

yeah except after the introductory levels 1-15 or so, there is less and less of that and more focused, story based content. this includes little one off missions where you take a spaceship to another nearby planet or asteroid and play out a little self contained storyline that typically takes 30mins to 1 hour to complete.

as the devs have said many times in interviews, they have created the content to force you to learn the mechanics of the game from level 1. this is in an attempt to basically not give players any excuse for being "ignorant" on how to play their class and avoid telegraphs. they HAVE to make the game that way early so that later on, they can do more crazy stuff and expect players to still be able to progress.

but... all you ADHD, game hopping, new age gamers cant be bothered to play a game for more than an hour if it isnt orgasming explosions into your brain. it is like everyone has turned into the michael bay of gamers. NO SPLOSIONS FOR 5 MINUTES!!?!?! GOD THIS GAME SUCKS!

its fine, i get it. you are a shallow gamer. the game has to force feed you entertainment because you are incapable of making your own. its not a problem. there are a lot of you out there and it is a legitimate target market now. clearly this game isnt for you. i recommend you find something else more to your liking :B

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Maroxad

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

*logs out*.

yeah except after the introductory levels 1-15 or so, there is less and less of that and more focused, story based content. this includes little one off missions where you take a spaceship to another nearby planet or asteroid and play out a little self contained storyline that typically takes 30mins to 1 hour to complete.

as the devs have said many times in interviews, they have created the content to force you to learn the mechanics of the game from level 1. this is in an attempt to basically not give players any excuse for being "ignorant" on how to play their class and avoid telegraphs. they HAVE to make the game that way early so that later on, they can do more crazy stuff and expect players to still be able to progress.

but... all you ADHD, game hopping, new age gamers cant be bothered to play a game for more than an hour if it isnt orgasming explosions into your brain. it is like everyone has turned into the michael bay of gamers. NO SPLOSIONS FOR 5 MINUTES!!?!?! GOD THIS GAME SUCKS!

its fine, i get it. you are a shallow gamer. the game has to force feed you entertainment because you are incapable of making your own. its not a problem. there are a lot of you out there and it is a legitimate target market now. clearly this game isnt for you. i recommend you find something else more to your liking :B

You really don't get it do you? We are not upset at the lack of explosions or awesome action or anything after the first hour or so, what we are upset about is the fact that it is insultingly easy insulting our intelligence, we are upset at the non-existant pacing, we are upset at the whole blandness of it. And while it may not be so for us, there are a lot of gamers out there who will only give the game about 30 minutes of their time and if they aren't hooked at that point they will quit. In addition it doesnt even do a good job teaching either due to how piss easy it is, players wont be forced to learn how to avoid telegraphs or how to play their class the way it is set up right now. Right now, players can tank 5 mobs, kill them in 3 seconds just spamming AoEs, this is not a good way to teach players. In fact all it does is develop bad habits.

I am sorry to say this but the developers failed the tutorial and the starting areas quite miserably. In fact, I would say this start is somehow worse than ESO's start and that really is saying something.

Edit: You know what, you are right, I will probably go back to playing Wizardry and EVE Online.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

You really don't get it do you? We are not upset at the lack of explosions or awesome action or anything after the first hour or so, what we are upset about is the fact that it is insultingly easy insulting our intelligence, we are upset at the non-existant pacing, we are upset at the whole blandness of it. And while it may not be so for us, there are a lot of gamers out there who will only give the game about 30 minutes of their time and if they aren't hooked at that point they will quit. And the problem is one of hte blandest I have seen and admitedly, it doesnt do a good job teaching either due to how piss easy it is, players wont be forced to learn how to avoid telegraphs or how to play their class the way it is set up right now. Right now, players can tank 5 mobs, kill them in 3 seconds just spamming AoEs, this is not a good way to teach players. In fact all it does is develop bad habits.

I am sorry to say this but the developers failed the tutorial and the starting areas quite miserably. In fact, I would say this start is somehow worse than ESO's start and that really is saying something.

Have to agree with Maroxad here. I understand the game might get a lot better later on but it needs to suck the player in at the start as well, like any game should try to do, and it just didn't for me. I know Maroxad hates Guild Wars 2, but I'm sure he'll agree that that game has one of the best PvE leveling experiences out there, especially at the start where it throws a lot of immersion your way.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maroxad

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

You really don't get it do you? We are not upset at the lack of explosions or awesome action or anything after the first hour or so, what we are upset about is the fact that it is insultingly easy insulting our intelligence, we are upset at the non-existant pacing, we are upset at the whole blandness of it. And while it may not be so for us, there are a lot of gamers out there who will only give the game about 30 minutes of their time and if they aren't hooked at that point they will quit. And the problem is one of hte blandest I have seen and admitedly, it doesnt do a good job teaching either due to how piss easy it is, players wont be forced to learn how to avoid telegraphs or how to play their class the way it is set up right now. Right now, players can tank 5 mobs, kill them in 3 seconds just spamming AoEs, this is not a good way to teach players. In fact all it does is develop bad habits.

Have to agree with Maroxad here. I understand the game might get a lot better later on but it needs to suck the player in at the start as well, like any game should try to do, and it just didn't for me. I know Maroxad hates Guild Wars 2, but I'm sure he'll agree that that game has one of the best PvE leveling experiences out there, especially at the start where it throws a lot of immersion your way.

The GW2 levelling experience, or at least the early levels are a good example of how to get levelling done right. Outside of trying to push personal story on me, I mean seriously, stop with these obligatory "tutorial" missions I have absolutely 0 complaints. Players have plenty of choices in where to go, about 4-5 zones per level bracket. Best of all, it didnt punish you for being low levelled and wanting to challenge yourself with higher levelled mobs, no glancing blow nonsense and you can actually "quest" where ever you want. It is a shame though after level 30 you unlocked nothing but passives and once you got to level 60, the levelling got really drab due to risen and boring and repetitve enemies. At least as a warrior I could spice things up with that massive weapon variety and seeing as I was too lazy to visit the karma vendors, I tended to vary weapon choices quite a bit.

WildStar could do itself some favors adopting to the strengths of that levelling experience, like a 5 minute tutorial (which mind you was far more effective in teaching than WS's 30 minute tutorial) and an illusion of freedom, as WildStar's felt way too linear for its own good. People werent happy with how linear Cataclysm's questing experience was.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Geminon

@Maroxad said:

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

*logs out*.

Edit: You know what, you are right, I will probably go back to playing Wizardry and EVE Online.

confirmed hasnt played the game for more than an hour.

calling wildstar easy... ROFL.... what a joke. the game TRADES on the fact that it is designed to be extremely challenging, and IS.

"GOD THIS GAME DOESNT FUCKING KILL ME OVER AND OVER AND OVER IN THE FIRST 30 SECONDS..... ITS SO EASY." i know right.... its like its a tutorial or something, for teaching purposes....

these new age gamers... you just cant please them.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Geminon

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

The GW2 levelling experience, or at least the early levels are a good example of how to get levelling done right. Outside of trying to push personal story on me, I mean seriously, stop with these obligatory "tutorial" missions I have absolutely 0 complaints. Players have plenty of choices in where to go, about 4-5 zones per level bracket. Best of all, it didnt punish you for being low levelled and wanting to challenge yourself with higher levelled mobs, no glancing blow nonsense and you can actually "quest" where ever you want. It is a shame though after level 30 you unlocked nothing but passives and once you got to level 60, the levelling got really drab due to risen and boring and repetitve enemies. At least as a warrior I could spice things up with that massive weapon variety and seeing as I was too lazy to visit the karma vendors, I tended to vary weapon choices quite a bit.

WildStar could do itself some favors adopting to the strengths of that levelling experience, like a 5 minute tutorial (which mind you was far more effective in teaching than WS's 30 minute tutorial) and an illusion of freedom, as WildStar's felt way too linear for its own good. People werent happy with how linear Cataclysm's questing experience was.

the further wildstar distances itself from GW2 the better.

how you can say wildstar is boring and repetitive and GW2 isnt.... i just have no idea. most quests in GW2 were "wait in this area for mobs to spawn. kill them. pick up the shit they drop. take it back to the quest guy.... and do all this before the 500 other players do and finish the quest so you get no credit." or the ever popular "lots of mobs are spawning.... kill them before they kill a bunch of NPCs and the quest ends"

welcome GW2 leveling done right? HA...HA....HA.... good jokes. the fact of the matter is after about lvl 15, the questing process for wildstar becomes radically different. there is a marked shift towards more focused, story based content, group based adventure content, and dungeons. if you are so ADHD that you cant stick with a game for a few hours while the devs force feed you how to play their game so that you dont fail epicly later when shit actually gets hard.... i dont know what the hell to tell you.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Maroxad

@Geminon: I got myself to level 11. And so far WildStar is the only mmo I have ever played where I havent gone below 80% hp at any point by the time I reached that level. And so far my impressions are "This game is so simplistic and offensively easy even a mentally disabled ape could play it".

Funny how you call me a new age gamer though, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FelipeInside

@Geminon said:

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

how you can say wildstar is boring and repetitive and GW2 isnt.... i just have no idea. most quests in GW2 were "wait in this area for mobs to spawn. kill them. pick up the shit they drop. take it back to the quest guy.... and do all this before the 500 other players do and finish the quest so you get no credit." or the ever popular "lots of mobs are spawning.... kill them before they kill a bunch of NPCs and the quest ends"

No way and totally incorrect. Although GW2 does have fetch quests (all MMOs do), they disguise them extremely well. There are also a lot of varied quests, even though the common denominator includes violence. I have had to disguise myself as someone else, had to use a spell to change into something else, have had to find things through clues, have had to carry things through a minefield, the list goes on. Heck, from all the MMOs I've played I would say GW2 has the most varied quests in the leveling experience.

Of course everything gets repetitive sooner or later.

NOTE: I'm NOT comparing it to Wildstar cause I didn't play enough of it to see the quests later down the track. Just my experience with GW2. Wildstar in the first 3-4 hours of gameplay didn't give me that variety.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad

@FelipeInside said:

@Geminon said:

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

No way and totally incorrect. Although GW2 does have fetch quests (all MMOs do), they disguise them extremely well. There are also a lot of varied quests, even though the common denominator includes violence. I have had to disguise myself as someone else, had to use a spell to change into something else, have had to find things through clues, have had to carry things through a minefield, the list goes on. Heck, from all the MMOs I've played I would say GW2 has the most varied quests in the leveling experience.

NOTE: I'm NOT comparing it to Wildstar cause I didn't play enough of it to see the quests later down the track. Just my experience with GW2. Wildstar in the first 3-4 hours of gameplay didn't give me that variety.

Not only are they well disguised, but they also provide you multiple ways to solve them, one 3 characters you can complete a heart event while having radically different experiences, on one char there might have been a dynamic event in the area and you maxed it through that, on another you did chores x and on the third you did chores y. And while I am at it, I do not remember quests in GW2 being like the way he described, in fact, I remember them being about repelling an invasion or giving you multiple objectives and you can choose which ones to complete.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Geminon

@FelipeInside said:

@Geminon said:

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

in wildstar, i have had to disguise myself as someone else, had to use a spell to change into something else, have had to find things through clues, have had to carry things through a minefield, the list goes on.

i have literally done exactly those quests in wildstar.

yet somehow GW2 is more varied?

so in GW2, you leveled clear to 80 and saw all the questing content. in wildstar you leveled to MAYBE 10 and saw probably 10-15% of the variety of leveling content. somehow that gives you the ability to make a comparison? 80 levels worth of content vs 10 levels worth of content....

OFCOURSE THERE ISNT GOING TO BE THE VARIETY.....

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad

@Geminon said:

in wildstar, i have had to disguise myself as someone else, had to use a spell to change into something else, have had to find things through clues, have had to carry things through a minefield, the list goes on.

so in GW2, you leveled clear to 80 and saw all the questing content. in wildstar you leveled to MAYBE 10 and saw probably 10-15% of the variety of leveling content. somehow that gives you the ability to make a comparison? 80 levels worth of content vs 10 levels worth of content....

When you reach the level cap in GW2 you will have done roughly 40% of the levelling content. Likewise, we are not bashing the whole game, what we are bashing is how atrociously designed the low levels are. In that they really felt like an afterthought.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@Geminon said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Geminon said:

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

For f*** sake dude, if you are going to reply AT LEAST have the DECENCY to read my posts properly, or completely. I'll even copy and paste what you seemed to have missed:

"NOTE: I'm NOT comparing it to Wildstar cause I didn't play enough of it to see the quests later down the track. Just my experience with GW2. Wildstar in the first 3-4 hours of gameplay didn't give me that variety."

Did you not even see that? I even put NOTE and NOT in uppercase so you would see it, yet your first sentence started "in wildstar, i have"

I was commenting on what you said about GW2 questing, I never mentioned or compared anything to Wildstar. My note even clarified that more.

It's ok, we get that you like Wildstar, but stop acting as a desperate fanboy for once and accept that other people might not like it as much as you.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

*logs out*.

You really don't get it do you? We are not upset at the lack of explosions or awesome action or anything after the first hour or so, what we are upset about is the fact that it is insultingly easy insulting our intelligence, we are upset at the non-existant pacing, we are upset at the whole blandness of it. And while it may not be so for us, there are a lot of gamers out there who will only give the game about 30 minutes of their time and if they aren't hooked at that point they will quit. In addition it doesnt even do a good job teaching either due to how piss easy it is, players wont be forced to learn how to avoid telegraphs or how to play their class the way it is set up right now. Right now, players can tank 5 mobs, kill them in 3 seconds just spamming AoEs, this is not a good way to teach players. In fact all it does is develop bad habits.

Also, I'm insulted on behalf of those of us, who actually do have ADHD ;)

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maroxad

@MlauTheDaft said:

Speaking of ADHD.

I know 2 people with ADHD. One of them loves to read sophisticated novels with deep philosophical meanings behind them even if they start out slowly, one of his favorite games is PlaneScape: Torment, despite the lousy combat and mediocre start. The other person I know with ADHD is a huge fan of several games with steep learning curves, he also studies maths (linear algebra atm) regulary and frequently plays blobbers, roguelikes and strategy games, all 3 which typically require far superior attention spans than this game.

Clearly ADHD is not synonymous with low patience and wanting an explosion every second and people with ADHD can enjoy a game like this easily. Poor guy is just very ignorant, and rather delusional too. In fact no one is saying the whole game is bad, what we are saying is that the early levels give off a TERRIBLE first impression and dont do an effective job teaching and preparing either. There is a reason people are complaining about the tutorial and sub level 15 content not just on this site but elsewhere too, because it IS bad.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Speaking of ADHD.

I know 2 people with ADHD. One of them loves to read sophisticated novels with deep philosophical meanings behind them even if they start out slowly, one of his favorite games is PlaneScape: Torment, despite the lousy combat and mediocre start. The other person I know with ADHD is a huge fan of several games with steep learning curves, he also studies maths (linear algebra atm) regulary and frequently plays blobbers, roguelikes and strategy games, all 3 which typically require far superior attention spans than this game.

Clearly ADHD is not synonymous with low patience and wanting an explosion every second and people with ADHD can enjoy a game like this easily. Poor guy is just very ignorant, and rather delusional too. In fact no one is saying the whole game is bad, what we are saying is that the early levels give off a TERRIBLE first impression and dont do an effective job teaching and preparing either. There is a reason people are complaining about the tutorial and sub level 15 content not just on this site but elsewhere too, because it IS bad.

Thank you man, I ran relate a lot to that.

ADHD is mostly about obsessive behaviour, being easily distracted and getting so absorbed by certain things that they override everything else to destructive degrees.

I know this is just a forum, but I was almost happy to read something so sensible for once.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Maroxad

@MlauTheDaft said:

Thank you man, I ran relate a lot to that.

ADHD is mostly about obsessive behaviour, being easily distracted and getting so absorbed by certain things that they override everything else to destructive degrees.

I know this is just a forum, but I was almost happy to read something so sensible for once.

Yeah, I have noticed that in them, they can be heavily absorbed into various things, which has been a double sided sword for them.

Nice to know you are (almost :P) happy. In the end, most people who keep saying degradatory and incorrect things about ADHD, Aspergers, Autism or whatever else they can come up with, are usually very ignorant on the conditions and have never been in contact with one of hte people with them. I noticed this on other posters too who have known people with ADD/ADHD/ect who are far more knowledgeable on the conditions than their fellow posters who typically confuse these things with low intelligence and/or insanity. As someone who goes to an engineering school (one which also has a habit of attracting all sorts of people), I have gotten to know quite a few people with conditions ranging from autism to ADHD and these students have shown not only to be of above average intellect but also normal functioning people (for most of the part).

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Geminon said:

@Maroxad said:

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

*logs out*.

confirmed hasnt played the game for more than an hour.

calling wildstar easy... ROFL.... what a joke. the game TRADES on the fact that it is designed to be extremely challenging, and IS.

"GOD THIS GAME DOESNT FUCKING KILL ME OVER AND OVER AND OVER IN THE FIRST 30 SECONDS..... ITS SO EASY." i know right.... its like its a tutorial or something, for teaching purposes....

these new age gamers... you just cant please them.

Oh please.... played up to the level 20 dungeon. after seeing all the orgasmic hype around "the boss is so hard for a level 20, that means the entire game is going to be super challenging" ... just because you have to dodge some damn spray circles coming out of a cone formation....

Its no different to any other MMO in the challenge department... you can barely friggin miss any of the skills unless you've never touched a computer before. the movement is slighyl more frantic at best. just stop with this overhyping nonsense.

Veterans should be able to skip if they want, Marax is well in his rights to say that. the childish kiddy 5 year old theme where I was zapping prisoners of war, dodging crappy little lazors, battleing the horrible u.i.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the only game to annoy me at the start, FFXIV's was quite bland.... but since it wasn't so childish and I could tolerate the themes I got past it.... but wildstar ... was on the verge of alt-f4 after level 5... and don't get me started on the boring ass starting zones...

my god having to just spam aoe attacks over and over.... ugh.

I stick by my stance.... WoW/FFXIV style combat with PROPER combo/reactive and extensive hotbars are STILL more skilled than "oh I have 8 skills but now I have to move abit more and aim a giant telegraph" ... not that you don't do alot of moving/dodging in WoW/FFXIV mind... this whole stereotype crap is headache inducing...

You say we don't have the attention span.... yet most "new age gameRS" look to these s*itty 8 move hotbar games and think they are more skillful.... its an absolute joke.... what are the compairons to? friggin vanilla world of warcraft or something?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I would like to try it, but I do not want to pay a 60 buck box price. I will probably try it when the box price comes down.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Geminon

@Arthas045 said:

I would like to try it, but I do not want to pay a 60 buck box price. I will probably try it when the box price comes down.

you can get it on greenmangaming for 45.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JohnF111

@Maroxad said:

@Geminon: I got myself to level 11. And so far WildStar is the only mmo I have ever played where I havent gone below 80% hp at any point by the time I reached that level. And so far my impressions are "This game is so simplistic and offensively easy even a mentally disabled ape could play it".

Funny how you call me a new age gamer though, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

I've died a bunch of times in Wildstar and I'm only level 10. (I'm still playing it btw and was exaggerating at the *logs out* comment)

:'(

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JohnF111

@Geminon said:

@JohnF111 said:

@vfibsux said:

*logs out*.

MMOs have trends, if I'm grinding at level 1 and 2 and 3 ... and 10. Then I'm quite right to assume I'll be grinding at level 40.

The game makes no reference to this what so ever, the least it could do was indicate that the lower levels were getting you used to it, it won't break immersion to have the NPCs clearly state that they are "testing" or "training" you for better things to come.

Considering it's an open beta I can think what I like about the game as I was invited to play it for free with no obligations, if I find it repetitive and not as fun and goofy as the videos make it appear then I'm going to go ahead and say it's just the same as the other failed MMOs, which from my own experience... it is.

I was exaggerating when I said *logs out* I'm still playing and hoping it gets better, however GW2 has spoiled me for how great a leveling experience can be and is more open and free overall so maybe my opinions of the game are a little out of whack especially since GW2 offers so much for a one off fee. Maybe I'll try and get to level 20 before the beta weekend finishes and I'll decide then if I feel it's worth the cost of a full game and a subscription. I seriously hope it is because I really want a game that isn't all just doom and gloom and saving the world.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

GW2? lol

combat is really mediocre

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FelipeInside
Loading Video...

Great video, the RAIDS look insane.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I haven't decided yet. I need something to keep me occupied until the release of Dragon Age: Inquisition and Wildstar just might do it.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Behardy24

@FelipeInside said:
Loading Video...

That is for sure looks insane! I have never dive deep into any MMO before and WildStar looks like the first game I will. I can't wait to participate in these raids!

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Behardy24

@Arthas045 said:

I doubt the box price will drop down anytime soon. If your lucky, the price would come down in a year but probably only by a little.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ferrari2001

^ Hardcore

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Nah. The game looks nice, but I don't like MMOs.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
Loading Video...

looks like someone with severe autistic ADHD made this

EDIT: So someone made a game from the AVR mod in WoW.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FelipeInside

@Led_poison said:

@FelipeInside said:

All the Wildstar dev videos are like that. Crazy just like the game.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ferrari2001

@FelipeInside said:

@Led_poison said:

@FelipeInside said:

I played PVP for the first time today and it was an utter blast. So much action for an MMO it's crazy.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#48  Edited By Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Im planning on getting Wildstar a couple of weeks after its launch.

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bluesunmerc
Member since 2014 • 281 Posts

@soolkiki: Is it better than the first? I play the first gw alot and have been putting off buying this one.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FelipeInside

@ferrari2001 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Led_poison said:

@FelipeInside said:

I played PVP for the first time today and it was an utter blast. So much action for an MMO it's crazy.

Although I probably won't get it, I agree that the action was pretty fun... and I just played the first 3-4 hours till I went against the first boss.