Will someone - anyone - please explain to me what was so good about Half Life 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gashoe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 gashoe13
Member since 2007 • 511 Posts

Hi everyone!

So, I like FPSs. I think they're fun, cool, and it's entertaining how you feel like the main character. I went around searching, "The greatest FPS games" on google, and looking at all these lists. As I went down the lists, it'd be like this:

"la, dee dum dum... hmm, let's see here... ah, number 10 was Call of Duty modern Warfare, can't argue with that.... hmm... ladee doo... number 6 is Deus Ex... sure, why not....a la la da dee doo dee dum... number 2 is Halo Combat Evolved, nice, nice... number 1 is... Half Life 2? Really? I remember playing that; never really understood the fun. how about another list. *scrolls down to bottom* Half Life 2, again. Why? *checks another list, scrolls to bottom* Half Life 2? What? *repeats process 3 times, all with same results* I just don't get it."

(note: I don't really sing when i read; that was just for fun :D)

now, i don't mean to get on anyone's bad side. I don't want for there to be flame wars or anything, I just really am curious as to why Half Life 2 was so good. I tried it out before, and to be honest, I didn't really like it... maybe because i was looking in the wrong areas? i don't really know...

Sure, the graphics were awesome. Sure, it felt really cinematic at first as you ran away from combine and dashed through buildings and ran, jumping from rooftop to rooftop... But then the gameplay kinda wasn't fun. I mean, whacking someone with a crowbar is pretty entertaining, but the weapons sound terrible (the pistol sounds SO weak), the shootouts aren't really much fun, and a lot of the shooting was kinda "meh" if you ask me. The puzzles were pretty fun, I guess, but the driving portions were relatively weak since you had to stop and get out and do some puzzles and then proceed. And I got nauseous playing the boat bit.. lol. The story wasn't even all that interesting! I liked the cinematic style and the graphics and the physics engine (gravity gun was pretty fun to use) but I just don't understand... what was so good about Half Life 2? Will someone please explain POLITELY? I really don't want any cussing or fanboyism here. Please, just comments and telling me what was so special about Half Life 2.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I just enjoy Alyx's company. We both agreed that before we met each other we had never known true happiness.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Hi everyone!

So, I like FPSs. I think they're fun, cool, and it's entertaining how you feel like the main character. I went around searching, "The greatest FPS games" on google, and looking at all these lists. As I went down the lists, it'd be like this:

"la, dee dum dum... hmm, let's see here... ah, number 10 was Call of Duty modern Warfare, can't argue with that.... hmm... ladee doo... number 6 is Deus Ex... sure, why not....a la la da dee doo dee dum... number 2 is Halo Combat Evolved, nice, nice... number 1 is... Half Life 2? Really? I remember playing that; never really understood the fun. how about another list. *scrolls down to bottom* Half Life 2, again. Why? *checks another list, scrolls to bottom* Half Life 2? What? *repeats process 3 times, all with same results* I just don't get it."

now, i don't mean to get on anyone's bad side. I don't want for there to be flame wars or anything, I just really am curious as to why Half Life 2 was so good. I tried it out before, and to be honest, I didn't really like it... maybe because i was looking in the wrong areas? i don't really know...

Sure, the graphics were awesome. Sure, it felt really cinematic at first as you ran away from combine and dashed through buildings and ran, jumping from rooftop to rooftop... But then the gameplay kinda wasn't fun. I mean, whacking someone with a crowbar is pretty entertaining, but the weapons sound terrible (the pistol sounds SO weak), the shootouts aren't really much fun, and a lot of the shooting was kinda "meh" if you ask me. The puzzles were pretty fun, I guess, but the driving portions were relatively weak since you had to stop and get out and do some puzzles and then proceed. And I got nauseous playing the boat bit.. lol. The story wasn't even all that interesting! I liked the cinematic style and the graphics and the physics engine (gravity gun was pretty fun to use) but I just don't understand... what was so good about Half Life 2? Will someone please explain POLITELY? I really don't want any cussing or fanboyism here. Please, just comments and telling me what was so special about Half Life 2.

gashoe13

Its a fun game, hyped beyond belief because it was the sequal to Half Life (which is a fantastic game, 10/10, still play it at least once a week), and because it had fantastic visuals..

For me, Half Life 2, i finished it way back in 2005 & replayed it in 2009.. i was very impressed with the beginning, got extremely tedious as i continued to play it.. except for Ravenholm, that was a fantasticaly made place. Ending was bull.

All in all, not in my top 10 FPS's, but not exactly disappointed. Had a lot of interesting things going on for it, but also equally had a lot of tedious and down right boring things.

I can understand why people love it though, so i respect that.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

What is good about Half-Life 2:

Innovative use of physics
Pacing and structure
Incredibly immersive
Level design
Characters
Graphics
Sound and music
The story and the way it is presented

What is bad about Half-Life 2:

The AI

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#5 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Well, I wouldn't say it's the greatest FPS ever, probably not even in my top 5, but the game was the epitome of linear game design for me. It threw tons of variation at you, introducing new gameplay mechanics or other stuff too you a few times per hour. Meanwhile, the physics are a great enrichment to the gameplay, and while the story is bad, the storytelling was good. Also, some of the characters were amazing. Alyx Vance comes to mind, who is not only a trustworthy sidekick, but also one of the only female characters in a video game who doesn't have to rely on inflated boobs and a lack of proper dressing. Other than that, the whole game just feels like an epic journey, and stuff like the gravity gun and the ant lions still is truly amazing.

However, I think where this game falls short, is actual gunplay. The AI is terrible (sometimes they don't even dodge grenades), and none of the guns are really satisfying. Especially the last, say, 3/4th of the game is a real bore because it focuses way too much on the bland action. The section in the broken house with the endless supply of Combine soldiers who all took 3 clips to kill was a real pace-breaker for me. Add to that the annoying Strider sections, and you can say the game takes a real nosedive near the end. Luckily, the final section was interesting, if only because it relied on what HL2 is best at: letting you toy around with physics. But I still have the feeling this game went on for longer than it should have, and the devs simply ran out of ideas.

Still, I think it is a great game, and best of all, it has aged rather well.

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

I don't know what was so good about Half Life 2. All I know is that it kept me immersed throughout the entire game. The pacing was phenomenal. Valve just knows how to make an appealing game.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Just about everything.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Because Half Life 2 revolutionized the FPS genre. It totally changed the way developers looked at a FPS game. Not to mention that it has aged incredibly well, still able to hold it's own against the games of today, even in terms of graphics and gameplay. It definitely has a more thought out and immersive story than many of todays games.
Heyhuub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heyhuub
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts

Well it sure is better than Modern warfare and Halo.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Because Half Life 2 revolutionized the FPS genre. It totally changed the way developers looked at a FPS game. Not to mention that it has aged incredibly well, still able to hold it's own against the games of today, even in terms of graphics and gameplay. It definitely has a more thought out and immersive story than many of todays games. ferrari2001
Exactly. If you weren't around when it came out, you simply won't understand how big this game was.
Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

Hi everyone!

gashoe13

As usual not every game will illicit the same response from everybody. I didn't like NWN2 because it seemed more like work then fun so I understand your concept. But I liked pretty much most of HL2 and I'm not going to give reasons because it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that I liked it and I really don't care what anybody else thinks. Don't beat yourself up, you didn't like as much as others thats ok. If you liked it enough you didn't feel you wasted your money on it that should be all you need. Just sayin'.:)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It's a good game, but it is way over-rated. The graphics were great, the storytelling is amazing, and the characters are pretty good. That is about it. The shooting mechanics are terrible, and the AI is pretty damn stupid. On top of that they ay have great storytelling in that game, but the story, itself, sucks ass.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I'm Afraid I can't answer that TC, One of my favorite games of all time is HL1, HL2 never came across as the gem of a game people say.

I bought it right at launch (thenight it launched to be specific), and playied through it in two days.

When I was done I thought "that was it? subpar shooting, annoying characters, pretty cool world, good physics and other technical aspects, horrible vehicle parts".

I would not call it bad, not at all, I just dont think it was ag good as many others think... A taste thing I guess ;)

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Bit off topic, but I'm looking for a torrent of the LE edition of Cinematic 10.0. Does anyone know where I can get it from? My filefront downloads seem to have crapped out.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KHAndAnime

The shooting mechanics are terrible millerlight89

I swear, people must be throwing around words just for the sake. Terrible? Really? Then how would you describe shooting games with truly bad combat? There's nothing terrible about Half-Life's shooting mechanics. They're fine.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]The shooting mechanics are terrible KHAndAnime

I swear, people must be throwing around words just for the sake. Terrible? Really? Then how would you describe shooting games with truly bad combat? There's nothing terrible about Half-Life's shooting mechanics. They're fine.

Yes, must I repeat myself? Terrible! Really **** boring.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]The shooting mechanics are terrible millerlight89

Yes, must I repeat myself? Terrible! Really **** boring.

I was actually expecting a reason or two as to why.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DraugenCP

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]The shooting mechanics are terrible KHAndAnime

I wouldn't call them terrible, but the combat is certainly below average. It may not be fair to judge it by today's standards, seeing as FEAR only revolutionised gunplay a year after HL2 came out, but I do think the combat was just not enjoyable, at least when the Gravity Gun wasn't involved. Firstly, the AI was just bad. At times, they won't even dodge grenades, and they don't move around much at all in combat. They just... stand there shooting.

Secondly, none of the guns themselves are fun to use. The pistol and the SMG are just really standard and the crossbow only comes in handy in a couple of sequences. The only guns I enjoyed using were the Combine machine gun and the shotgun (and the GG of course). Even then, the sound effects of the gun were subpar, and the entire process of fighting enemies just seemed terribly uninspired, as there was little room for creative combat when the GG wasn't involved, and I felt the Combine soldiers took too many hits to go down.

Don't get me wrong, I still love HL2, but I thought that all the chapters from the hospital until entering the Citadel were a major borefest because they relied pretty much entirely on the shooting mechanics. Terrible? Probably not. Enjoyable? Definitely not for me.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="gashoe13"]

Hi everyone!

Lucianu

Its a fun game, hyped beyond belief because it was the sequal to Half Life (which is a fantastic game, 10/10, still play it at least once a week), and because it had fantastic visuals..

For me, Half Life 2, i finished it way back in 2005 & replayed it in 2009.. i was very impressed with the beginning, got extremely tedious as i continued to play it.. except for Ravenholm, that was a fantasticaly made place. Ending was bull.

All in all, not in my top 10 FPS's, but not exactly disappointed. Had a lot of interesting things going on for it, but also equally had a lot of tedious and down right boring things.

I can understand why people love it though, so i respect that.

I liked its graphics but I bought it after the Orange Box was released, so we had games with better graphics by then. The pacing is great, one moment you're on a boat, then you're in a spooked, abandoned, town, the 'levels' are varied, the characters are very well animated, ( Dog, Alyx ), the gravity gun... and the action is spectacular, ESPECIALLY in the episodes, and yes, it's VERY immersive.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

It's a solid game. It never had any major flaws (and very few minor flaws), along with innovative new things such as the GG, convincing characters and ultra-tight level design and pacing. Can you say that about any other FPS? I can think of few that have been as flawless.

mrbrainheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbrainheart
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

Pacing and structure
Incredibly immersive
Level design
Characters
Graphics
Sound and music

The AI

broken_bass_bin

This pretty much sums it up for me, only I did find the boat and car section to be dragging on a bit. It is one of the most immersive games I've have played to date, I was Gordon Freeman when I played the game, I cared for the other charecters, for the rest of the world and thanks to that I could forgive the game for the few flaws it had

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

I'm not a fan of HL2 either. My main complaints are the lame sound effects, boring guns, non-immersing firefights, drab art design, and retarded AI.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
It just set a new industry standard.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
lol I really didnt think it was all that wonderful. I LIKED it but it was still a lil more of a stressful chore of a game than something immensely fun. I liked the Episodes more than the original game itself. Especially Ep. 2. I really liked that other Gravity gun. I forget what it was called though.
urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

First you have too be in 2004 not a 2010 frame of mind. here goes; it introduced;

• activation.
  • the source engine the first forward compatible game engine.
  • the gravity gun concept.
  • a sensible a.i as a partner.
  • a variety of detailed rendered environments to play through.
  • a sequel with a cliffhanger ending.
  • it popularized the steam service.
  • made valve a viable company and along with doom 3 not only saved PC gaming when everyone was trying to duplicate the PS2 success by creating the next great console, but also showed what was possible in terms of future 3D PC game development.

We are still waiting for half life 3. its difficult to outdo a standard, duplicate maybe, outdo, not so much.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I'll never understand how one can say that HL2 has weak gunplaynad MW has a perfect one. If there's a game with weak unsatisfying weapons is MW, the shotgun is an offense to anyone that likes games with guns.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DraugenCP

• a sequel with a cliffhanger ending.

urbangamez

Halo 2 did that and it was released around the same time, a few days earlier even.

Making a full game with a cliffhanger ending should be a criminal offense anyway.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

Lucianu

This. I still play Half-Life 1 pretty religiously. HL2 I finished once and really don't want to go back to. I totally understand what makes it a good game, but I just can't get into it. It all feels too scripted. I guess HL1 was linear also, but it had this spontaneous feeling. HL2 can be summed up as following a single winding line, killing a few things along the way, looting for ammo, talking to some people who say to go somewhere else, rinse and repeat. HL1 always felt like you were the one blazing a trail through a crumbling facility, desperately searching for an exit.

That feeling was re-captured perfectly in Episode One, imo. People seem to dislike it most out of all the HL2 games, but for me it's nigh gameplay perfection. No constant hand-holding, just you and Alyx on the run. Episode Two got bogged down for the whole first half; once you heal Alyx it gets awesome again.

I don't hate HL2. It gets a solid 8 from me, but I don't think it's the greatest FPS of all time. The Gravity Gun, however, is awesome. Playing with zombies in Ravenholm pretty much defines the whole game for me.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I liked its graphics but I bought it after the Orange Box was released, so we had games with better graphics by then. The pacing is great, one moment you're on a boat, then you're in a spooked, abandoned, town, the 'levels' are varied, the characters are very well animated, ( Dog, Alyx ), the gravity gun... and the action is spectacular, ESPECIALLY in the episodes, and yes, it's VERY immersive.SkyWard20

I wish i could say the same. I'll just sum up everything after replaying it 2 times, once in 2005 & again in 2009:

• Booring as hell story
  • Great storytelling
  • Loved Alyx
  • Loved the beginning
  • God damn, the boat.. was not entertaining to play that scene
  • The greatest place in any FPS ever (Ravenholm), i am simply in love with that segment. (Citadel ain't bad either though)
  • Gunplay.. Weapons feel weak, the reaction of enemies to hits was not what i would consider good, but i'll stop here, since i'm starting to nitpick.
  • Enemy variety pissed me off (Combine soldiers were a pain after a wile)
  • Physics made me very happy
  • Visuals were (and still are, with mods) fantastic.

It did not dissapoint me, but i'm having more fun playing Half Life & its expansions, yet again, every time i replay them its incredibly entertaining and addictive, trully a revolutionary game that'll probably stand the test of time forever.

I don't hate HL2. It gets a solid 8 from me, but I don't think it's the greatest FPS of all time. The Gravity Gun, however, is awesome. Playing with zombies in Ravenholm pretty much defines the whole game for me.

Fusionmix

Not in my top 10 as i've said, but yeah, i agree, using that gravity gun, killing zombies and those crab things (not the normal ones) in that fantastic well made place called Ravenholm is one of my favorite experiences. I can't summarise exactly why, but the atmosphere is 10 out a 10 easily there.

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

It was alright, this is coming from someone that bought it with the Orange Box. The story telling was great, the characters were good, but the gun play was lacking. The guns just didn't feel right, with the execption of the Gravity Gun (The greatest thing ever, I'll give it that) and I had a fondness of the Pulse Rifle, but I never could seem to keep enough ammo for it. Overall, I was glad I played it, but I wouldn't replay it again.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I'm not sure. I enjoyed doom3 a lot more at the time, both from an immersion and yes, even story perspective (I enjoyed reading all the pda logs and found them more compelling than all the one way conversations in hl2).

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Fusionmix

This. I still play Half-Life 1 pretty religiously. HL2 I finished once and really don't want to go back to. I totally understand what makes it a good game, but I just can't get into it. It all feels too scripted. I guess HL1 was linear also, but it had this spontaneous feeling. HL2 can be summed up as following a single winding line, killing a few things along the way, looting for ammo, talking to some people who say to go somewhere else, rinse and repeat. HL1 always felt like you were the one blazing a trail through a crumbling facility, desperately searching for an exit.

That feeling was re-captured perfectly in Episode One, imo. People seem to dislike it most out of all the HL2 games, but for me it's nigh gameplay perfection. No constant hand-holding, just you and Alyx on the run. Episode Two got bogged down for the whole first half; once you heal Alyx it gets awesome again.

Pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. I also enjoyed episode one the most out of all the hl-2 games.

solartiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 solartiger
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

4 pages of posts on a subject beat the freakin' death...you didn't like it and want to be convinced otherwise...

Ain't gonna happen...

----End of Line---

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
I never played it on release like I did with so many great games that are hyped beyond belief (some with good reason). I only played this in 2009 and was unimpressed, it was alright but nothing special.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Hi everyone!

gashoe13

Great story, great gameplay. That's it.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]The shooting mechanics are terrible DraugenCP

Secondly, none of the guns themselves are fun to use.

lol what The Shotgun is very well designed and one of the best in any fps game and alot of fun to use. And your gonna tell me you found no amusement in one shoting combine with the magnum which again is alot of fun to use and one of the best out of any fps i've played. . And of course theres the awesome gravity gun that turns eveything into a weapon and the even more awesome super gravity gun which is just wtf hax powerful. The crossbow was also pretty fun to use it not being hitscan meant you needed some skill to land shots and its was a one hit kill. That antlion thing was fun to use as well. The pistol and smg i'll agree where pretty standard and nothing particulary special about them the smg at least had a nade launcher they took a bit to many shots to kill but they got the job done and personally didn't find them terrible or boring to use. And The Rocket Launcher was also fun to use since you could guide your rockets.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

I'm not sure. I enjoyed doom3 a lot more at the time, both from an immersion and yes, even story perspective (I enjoyed reading all the pda logs and found them more compelling than all the one way conversations in hl2).

topgunmv
I also enjoyed those pda logs alot in doom 3 defiantly helped make the game more immersive.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Pacing and structure
Incredibly immersive
Level design
Characters
Graphics
Sound and music

The AI

broken_bass_bin

that about sums it up.....its the best PC game the past decade, and that's saying something.

If one is going to look for negatives this isn't the game to do that with.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

though not in my top5 FPS, the HL series is great... Very good pacing, level design and story..

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

Considering that 6 years passed since the game came out its not fair to judge the game by today standards, if you noticed the last part of HL2E2 then the last level was attempting to give users some freedom in therms of gameplay(lets just see what episode 3 brings, OK), just tell me a game that was released in 2004 that is better then HL2(FPS of course).

I dont like the concept best FPS of all time, its better to say best FPS of 2004. Its an old game that still holds its ground, a lot of todays games get forgotten after the first month. I also I think MW was/is great due to its MULTI.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#41 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

The gamewas very immersive for its time, that is pretty much what it comes down to. One of the few fps games I finished. It was very impressive when it came out, now it would just be a good game. Half-life/HL2 set the bar for everything that came after,they were the first to do many things sothey had a wow factor.

gashoe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#42 gashoe13
Member since 2007 • 511 Posts

Alright, thank you all for your comments (except for those who were rather rude). I've decided to reinstall Half Life 2 to give it another go, so thank you all for your contributions! I'll try to get to the parts with the super gravity gun, and to enjoy the game as an experience than as a game. :)

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

I couldn't tell as I found the game boring. I didn't like the graphics or the setting. The shooting was very subpar. I really don't know why it's so hyped.