This topic is locked from further discussion.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts
I had heard about orb before, but I just got pcgamer and it sounds really awesome(free games with adverts in loading screens) Everywhere I looked it said it was to be available for release april 12. It is now the 22nd, and I can't find it anywhere. Has it been delayed or am I just looking in the wrong place?
Begemott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Begemott
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

Wrong place. Its been released.

And yea, I heard about it from PCGamer, althought I wouldnt recommend getting it so fast. No good games are there yet.

deathseeker41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deathseeker41
Member since 2004 • 819 Posts
I wouldn't be so eager to trust Wildtangent, they used to have some kind of spyware with their games.
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bachilders
Where might I find this, and I'll spyware scan the file. A few big names are going to use this, I dont think they want to be associated with spyware.
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bachilders
anybody?
deathseeker41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deathseeker41
Member since 2004 • 819 Posts

Quick Wikipedia search:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildTangent#Controversy

bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 bowlingotter
Member since 2005 • 6464 Posts
old news. this doesn't sound like the same situation. did you read how the ads work this time around?
kierancluchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kierancluchey
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
Yeah, I read about it in PCGamer. Looks awsome, and I've never heard of this WildTangent Spyware stuff before. Did it ruin the computer? Or slow it down then when you removed it, the pc came back to it's 'former' youth? And I'm sure even though it could cause a problem with our PC's, we'd like to know where to DL it. All I found was that it was to be realeased 'soon'. Since it's May now, and April is long gone.
StarFire2258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StarFire2258
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The Orb is slated to arrive Mid-July:

http://www.gamecyte.com/2008/05/29/wildtangent-orb-still-on-track-for-mid-july/1653

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

I wouldn't be so eager to trust Wildtangent, they used to have some kind of spyware with their games.deathseeker41

wildtangent is very spywarish. I hate them. i once had a computer that would no longer shut down properly all because a wildtangent process wouldn't shut down but we could never figure that out until finally i spent a few hours trying to investigate. Wild tangent sux an infinite amount of balls.

kierancluchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kierancluchey

Ok, so it's about mid july now...

They'll prolly just hold it back longer. A dream, that never was. Console games on PC's must be ports, and not the actual game.

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

I wouldn't be so eager to trust Wildtangent, they used to have some kind of spyware with their games.deathseeker41

Yeah, their software is generally an abomination of human innovation. They innovated a way to f*** up my old computer to the point where it wouldn't shut down properly anymore (this was back around 2001). they should rename it from wildtangent to wildbullsh**.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

[QUOTE="deathseeker41"]I wouldn't be so eager to trust Wildtangent, they used to have some kind of spyware with their games.df853

wildtangent is very spywarish. I hate them. i once had a computer that would no longer shut down properly all because a wildtangent process wouldn't shut down but we could never figure that out until finally i spent a few hours trying to investigate. Wild tangent sux an infinite amount of balls.

Agreed. For sec, I saw the title of this thread, and I didn't know why it made me cringe to see the word WildTangents. Now, I recall that it messed up my PC long while back as it ran in the background with different spywares and other questionable processes.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
They don't use that WebDriver anymore, and they have been removed from the spyware list.
ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ttomm1946
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts
wild tangent hasn't used any spyware in at least 2 years i know of....mcafee site advisor gives them a clean bill of health..
kierancluchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kierancluchey
It's August now, they missed another release.