Wii remote on a pc, Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

desijatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 desijatt
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

Im planning on buying a iogear bluetooth adapter so I can use my wii remote on my pc. I mainly wanna use it for my N64 emulator and other games that are not good with the mouse/keyboard.

Is this adapter compatible with the wii remoteand the nunchuck? and how well does the motion sensing work?

Adapter link

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Bluetooth_Computer&product=2614116

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
Woulden't it be better to ask the emulator forums? or mabye the wii board?
Greyskies87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Greyskies87
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

Im planning on buying a iogear bluetooth adapter so I can use my wii remote on my pc. I mainly wanna use it for my N64 emulator and other games that are not good with the mouse/keyboard.

Is this adapter compatible with the wii remoteand the nunchuck? and how well does the motion sensing work?

Adapter link

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Bluetooth_Computer&product=2614116

desijatt
How do you pan on incorporating the sensor bar into all of this? Just a blutooth revceiver alone wont do the job.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="desijatt"]

Adapter link

Greyskies87

How do you pan on incorporating the sensor bar into all of this? Just a blutooth revceiver alone wont do the job.

Right. The Wii-mote is worthless without the sensor bar that comes with the system. And there is no way to incorporate that into a Windows based system.

desijatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 desijatt
[QUOTE="Greyskies87"][QUOTE="desijatt"]

Adapter link

Johnny_Rock

Right. The Wii-mote is worthless without the sensor bar that comes with the system. And there is no way to incorporate that into a Windows based system.

The sensor bar is nothing more than a few Infrared LED's, it does not transmit anything to the console. The sesnor bar is not a sensor and it can be replaced with any IR source, like 2 candles

search youtube for proof, you can find half life 2 being played

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
You can even do what I do and just put use your Wii's sensor bar. Desijatt, I'd recommend checking a list because the drivers for the Wiimote include a list of supported bluetooth devices (and unsupported ones).
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=How+to+use+a+wii+remote+on+the+computer
desijatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 desijatt
Everyone I got my wii remote working on my pc
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Liar. Post prooof on youtube and we'll see.

Liar.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

Liar. Post prooof on youtube and we'll see.

Liar.

Johnny_Rock
he connected it via bluetooth though its not perfect dont call people liars because there are vids all over youtube showing their wii remotes on windows.
Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
Youtube, anythings possible.
tradward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tradward
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

johnnyrock, u've got to be the biggest dh i've seen on here yet, by FAR.

check up on this idiots posts guys. what a wanker!!