Why is no one playing World in Conflict ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mkurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mkurts
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

Such a great game - but it is hard to find people online though.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

mkurts
samw3dgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 samw3dgt
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
[QUOTE="mkurts"]

onemic

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
there was in the first 2 weeks then the hype died out i guess. i personally am stuck on the next to last mision and am scared to play online lol
nytemarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nytemarex
Member since 2003 • 157 Posts

mkurts

To Be Honest, I played the demo of WiC and I wasn't 100% convinced. I liked it but I still prefer to play SupCom skirmish. I just bought Forged Alliance and I can't wait to play it tonight =-D. But yeah, best bet is to play skirmish mode. People on the web are just jerks in my opinion.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
What are you talking about it is so easy to find a game in WIC. Whenever I log and the server list pops on I always find sever 14/16 or 15/16 slots to join.
shade1978x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 shade1978x
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts
I badly want to buy WIC. Not for the multiplayer, but the single player, but I just bought a few games and can't afford it just yet.
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

No interest in WIC, I'm not an RTS fan.

But there are alot of other people that are fans of the genre (Starcraft), so I dunno, most people playing SP for now maybe?

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 onemic
I really can't believe that. All the indicators point to the online still being strong. The forums are still bursting with activity and if I'm not mistaken the game sold considerably well.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

Wic has a pretty big community, you can always find a good game....

RTS's are very indimedating online because of the large differences in skill...which is why most people stick to skirmish modes instead...

WIC however...is very forgiving..you can make mistakes and easily still have fun...

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Don't wanna say too much since I only played the demo, but the gameplay didn't feel too good (I have no idea how GS gave it a 9.5, but that's another story...). Hard to describe, but it's not too conducive to competitive online play. It had a bit of that CnC Generals same-old-modern-RTS feel. I've played a lot of online RTS, and the successful ones (SC, Rise of Nations, AoE...) have pretty tight gameplay and sharp controls, lots of micro, well-defined unit roles, which makes for fun multiplayer. I wasn't getting that vibe from WiC.
Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Srinivassa
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts
I just bought it today at Wal-Mart just so I could get a chunk of the Berlin Wall. It's got grafiti on it and everything, which I was really hoping for. And it smells funny on the inside part but not the outside part. Choice wall chunk. ...and I heard it's really good. ...and it's loaded with Communists. I love Communists. They're like the terrorists of their day. Except they were "godless" Commies. Terrorist just have the wrong God. (if you believe Anne Coulter anyway) Commies are better though because they believe in equality but don't actually practice it. Unless you're an idealouge like Che, in which case you are clearly going to end up going nowhere. Still, I think it's dumb that it's taking place in 1989. I would have much preferred a Cuban Missile Crisis kind of scenario. 1980s Communism is sooooo "Red Dawn." (give yourself a brownie point if you read this far)
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
lol...i hope you have fun with the game, mate, coz apparently politics and history aren't your strongest suit.
NEOSPARKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NEOSPARKING
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
you shopping at walmart denounces your credibility buddy already, you didn't have to rant about your TV idols opinon on commies/terrorists and recite it to the rest of us..
LockeAteid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LockeAteid
Member since 2005 • 1210 Posts

mkurts

You might want to check if you have some filters on by mistake, because I see plenty of people on right now.

starkiller96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starkiller96
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts
*********************MAKE SURE YOUR GAME HAS THE LATEST PATCH*******************
Avatar image for CubePrime_basic
CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CubePrime_basic
Member since 2003 • 3230 Posts

*********************MAKE SURE YOUR GAME HAS THE LATEST PATCH*******************starkiller96
ty for saving them from ignorance.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I'm busy with other new games.
Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Srinivassa
lol...i hope you have fun with the game, mate, coz apparently politics and history aren't your strongest suit. Jinroh_basic
wat r u talking about. that was quoted strait from my colum in the new york times. you never heard of "the godless commies." you must be a brit. their all haf commie anyway.
dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts

I'm busy with other new games.RK-Mara

Same,Crysis,ProStreet,Beowulf, Area51 Black Site.NotimeforWiC

Avatar image for ZeonixUnlimited
ZeonixUnlimited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZeonixUnlimited
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]lol...i hope you have fun with the game, mate, coz apparently politics and history aren't your strongest suit. Srinivassa
wat r u talking about. that was quoted strait from my colum in the new york times. you never heard of "the godless commies." you must be a brit. their all haf commie anyway.

Whoa whoa. Don't try to take the nytimes down with you.

Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Srinivassa

[QUOTE="Srinivassa"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]lol...i hope you have fun with the game, mate, coz apparently politics and history aren't your strongest suit. ZeonixUnlimited

Whoa whoa. Don't try to take the nytimes down with you.

You didn't know? The NY Times has already been tried and convicted of treason! Okay, I'll stop since no one seems to have any idea what I'm talking about, and this is supposed to be a thread about WiC not Hannity and Coulter.
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
i dunno what happened, in the two betas/demo i LOVED the MP, but now when i play it, the teams im on never work together and it leads to getting destroyed. it had a great campaign, but the MP isnt that great.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 onemic

[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]lol...i hope you have fun with the game, mate, coz apparently politics and history aren't your strongest suit. Srinivassa

He's actually correct. Russia's communism wasn't true communism. It was totalitarianism.

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
I LOVE WiC! The MP is SOOOOOOOOO fun specially when working as a team. I guess the game isnt for everyone BUT i never have trouble finding games, there are plenty of people playing imo. Get involved in the community, join a clan and have some fun. That is what PC gaming is about, it is NOT about how many people paly the game or popularity.
Kolossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kolossi
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

Im just waiting for new parts on my machine, since I can barely run the game withour crashing. After I get the parts, Ill resume play.

Gog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gog
Member since 2002 • 16376 Posts

Still playing it but I agree that the MP is less exciting than I expected.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bignice12

i dunno what happened, in the two betas/demo i LOVED the MP, but now when i play it, the teams im on never work together and it leads to getting destroyed. it had a great campaign, but the MP isnt that great.DDX2

MP is awesome,only problem with it is usually uneven teams skill wise imo. 5 min matches are never fun, but thankfully Massive is working on a fix to this(team stacking). Massive has providing really great support so far.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

I think thats because hype and bandwagoning ("omg this game is the second coming of Christ!") sold a lot of copies, and then once people got done with the relatively short campaign and tried the multiplayer they realized the game isnt that good.

Then they went back to starcraft.

YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
I really like/want WiC, but won't get it until I buy a new GPU.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I always find people in that game. I don't know what you are talking about.
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
:? too bad
Reesicup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Reesicup
Member since 2003 • 77 Posts
then you're not looking in the right areas or something is up with your filters or connection.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bignice12

I think thats because hype and bandwagoning ("omg this game is the second coming of Christ!")

mrbojangles25

Even though I followed it closely, everybody was suprised when it got a 9.5 because I assume nobody was hyping it around here. Also can the OP prove that nobody is online because that is simply not the case at all, war is ragin 24/7 in WIC.

SacrificiaLamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 SacrificiaLamb
Member since 2006 • 123 Posts

[QUOTE="Srinivassa"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]lol...i hope you have fun with the game, mate, coz apparently politics and history aren't your strongest suit. onemic

He's actually correct. Russia's communism wasn't true communism. It was totalitarianism.

You missed his point entirely.

magoogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 magoogo
Member since 2005 • 615 Posts

My pc's too **** to play it. stupid 8500gt

LOL

Quivox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Quivox
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

I don't know about the performance issue I have a 1900XT and I play it fine and all, the demo. It's preety stable for me and I had a blast, plan on picking it up, but I want to try out TF2 also, so it's a throw up between the two. The community seems really good also, not bad at all.

Lol, don't be afraid of playing online. Good luck to you though, and hope you get the filter/patch issue resolved.

sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 sloakz
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

I just bought it today at Wal-Mart just so I could get a chunk of the Berlin Wall. It's got grafiti on it and everything, which I was really hoping for. And it smells funny on the inside part but not the outside part. Choice wall chunk. ...and I heard it's really good. ...and it's loaded with Communists. I love Communists. They're like the terrorists of their day. Except they were "godless" Commies. Terrorist just have the wrong God. (if you believe Anne Coulter anyway) Commies are better though because they believe in equality but don't actually practice it. Unless you're an idealouge like Che, in which case you are clearly going to end up going nowhere. Still, I think it's dumb that it's taking place in 1989. I would have much preferred a Cuban Missile Crisis kind of scenario. 1980s Communism is sooooo "Red Dawn." (give yourself a brownie point if you read this far)Srinivassa

Quality :lol:

crapdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 crapdog
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts

I just bought it today at Wal-Mart just so I could get a chunk of the Berlin Wall. It's got grafiti on it and everything, which I was really hoping for. And it smells funny on the inside part but not the outside part. Choice wall chunk. ...and I heard it's really good. ...and it's loaded with Communists. I love Communists. They're like the terrorists of their day. Except they were "godless" Commies. Terrorist just have the wrong God. (if you believe Anne Coulter anyway) Commies are better though because they believe in equality but don't actually practice it. Unless you're an idealouge like Che, in which case you are clearly going to end up going nowhere. Still, I think it's dumb that it's taking place in 1989. I would have much preferred a Cuban Missile Crisis kind of scenario. 1980s Communism is sooooo "Red Dawn." (give yourself a brownie point if you read this far)Srinivassa

xmas is coming maybe your parents will buy you a brain finally