why is my screen green?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Braedon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Braedon12
Member since 2005 • 1113 Posts
i have a LCD tv and when i plug anything into the component connection the display is very green. I can still read text on the screen but its like there is a layer of green on it. This only happens with the component connection. can anyone help me?
mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

try another component cables

JohnD212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JohnD212
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts
also make sure you have the cables in the correct plugs...sometimes on the cables its easy to confuse the green with the blue....just double check...
Blizzrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blizzrad
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
Does your TV also use the same inputs for RGB? Some TVs use the same inputs for RGB and YPbPr (component) video, and will allow you to switch modes from the menu. If you send YPbPr to your display while it is in RGB mode, the picture will be very greeen.
Boxcutters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Boxcutters
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts
has the same problem too, you need to reconnect the cables more firmly, or use a hdmi cable.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

i have a LCD tv and when i plug anything into the component connection the display is very green. I can still read text on the screen but its like there is a layer of green on it. This only happens with the component connection. can anyone help me?Braedon12
What exactly do you have hooked up to you TV?

If it's a DVD player, and it's progressive scan, make sure you go into you dvd player settings and put it to Pro scan.

Braedon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Braedon12

[QUOTE="Braedon12"]i have a LCD tv and when i plug anything into the component connection the display is very green. I can still read text on the screen but its like there is a layer of green on it. This only happens with the component connection. can anyone help me?Kage1

What exactly do you have hooked up to you TV?

If it's a DVD player, and it's progressive scan, make sure you go into you dvd player settings and put it to Pro scan.

I have a xbox360 hooked up to it.

Braedon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Braedon12

Does your TV also use the same inputs for RGB? Some TVs use the same inputs for RGB and YPbPr (component) video, and will allow you to switch modes from the menu. If you send YPbPr to your display while it is in RGB mode, the picture will be very greeen.Blizzrad

what is RGB?

Boxcutters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boxcutters

has the same problem too, you need to reconnect the cables more firmly, or use a hdmi cable. Boxcutters

Please read, otherwise enjoy your green 360. All you need to do is push in the cables harder, and twist them in or get a HDMI cable.

Braedon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Braedon12
BTW i didnt change anything on the TV i just turned it on one day and it was green. I tried my xbox on my other TV and it worked fine. I have been messing around with all the settings and connections ever since but it is still green.
Boxcutters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Boxcutters
Call microsft support.