Why is it so hard to find a bios tutorial?.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Why is it so hard to find a bios tutorial. I have a z77x-ud3h is there a tutorial on how to set the right things up as ive tried but there is none what so ever. In the Bios i dont no whever to loads thnings up from UEFI or legacy etc. Is there any tutorials thank you.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
What are you trying to do? It's pretty straight forward, there isn't really a need for a tutorial. All the important changes are in the advanced section.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Your motherboard manual should have a detailed description of the bios settings. If you don't have it, you can download it here...
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Are you having trouble with hardware? If not then why bother changing anything, if you're just trying to get to grips on it then simply google for the terms used and you'll get detailed descriptions of the lot. Very simple and to can then decide which things to turn on or off.
skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Thanks for replys. Im trying to install Intel Rapid Start Technology but when i go to install it it says my computer does not meet the minimum requerments but i have enabled it in the bios.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Windows - at least clear back to XP has things built-in like Hibernation and Standby mode which allow you to go "from off to on in a flash" - AMD, INTEL or whatever.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Thanks for replys. Im trying to install Intel Rapid Start Technology but when i go to install it it says my computer does not meet the minimum requerments but i have enabled it in the bios.

skipper847

Don't waste your time install that, I don't even know why that was even released...

Just tell your computer to go into sleep mode, not hybrid or hibernate sleep. It's the same thing.

The only difference between the two is one lets your power back up without having any power at all to the system while the other one requires a very small amount. However the one that drains a small amount boots much faster.

Also if you turn on hybrid sleep it's the same thing as intels rapid start but slower.

fib112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fib112
Member since 2002 • 249 Posts

skipper847

You need an SSD to enable IRST. Read about it here.