why i am so bad at Company of Heroes Multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

Why do I suck at COH multiplayer?

I host games with title " noobs only" and always find out they are much better than me. I always lose!:(

I'm trying to get into this game , but this is pushing me away, since is not fun.

I have bought the game on May 2010 and have barely played due to this reason.

Now i got the the complete collection on steam sale(rebought the original game + expansions)

So far I have played 3 days none stop and still have this problem

First timers give me a challenge. Help?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I haven't played it, but in general go watch other ppl online play

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

I host games with title " noobs only" and always find out they are much better than me. I always lose!:(

enriK233

The proble with this is that many times more experienced players will join "noobs only" games simply to get easy wins or just troll the newcomers.

I know I did that on Brood War a few times back in the day lol.

Better play with your friends if you can,at least until you get the hang of it. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hmm, well there is the obvious notion of experiences players joining new player games, which is a dick move on its own.

That no one can help you with really.

And then there is the rules for MP games, the knowing of units and such. It might not be a bad idea to make some comp stomps first, players vs bots, to get to know units that belong to you, and enemy. It helps you prepare for future games.

I think the rule of thumb is that unless you can take on an insane AI, you do not really stand a chance against a person (altho it is quite different in how a real person react). Training a bit with an insane ai will however help you minimize errors on your part, and getting a hand on the most efficient building orders.

apart from that? Kick an players with a high win/loss ratio, a level playingfield is the first thing towards getting a good game, nomatter what game.

enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

Hmm, well there is the obvious notion of experiences players joining new player games, which is a dick move on its own.

And then there is the rules for MP games, the knowing of units and such. It might not be a bad idea to make some comp stomps first, players vs bots, to get to know units that belong to you, and enemy. It helps you prepare for future games.

I think the rule of thumb is that unless you can take on an insane AI, you do not really stand a chance against a person (altho it is quite different in how a real person react). Training a bit with an insane ai will however help you minimize errors on your part, and getting a hand on the most efficient building orders.

apart from that? Kick an players with a high win/loss ratio, a level playingfield is the first thing towards getting a good game, nomatter what game.

Maddie_Larkin

Thanks :) but ai beats me all the time on easiest difficulty. I played 7 skirmish games and lost all. :? lol but i do tend to rage quit very early/easily(only with against AI and 1vs1). At team games I am sort of better, when there is another good player on my team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

[QUOTE="Maddie_Larkin"]

enriK233

Thanks :) but ai beats me all the time on easiest difficulty. I played 7 skirmish games and lost all. :? lol but i do tend to rage quit very early/easily(only with against AI and 1vs1). At team games I am sort of better, when there is another good player on my team.

Hmm, might be early game chokepoints that may be the problem then.

If you can, then rush farwards when a match start, and build blockades and such, at chokepoints in a map (if there are some), then cap the areas, and find some good combinations of units. like an MG + mortar. And Get used to cover. the chokepoints.

CoH IS a game afterall where the untis you have are as good as dead, if thier placements are not good. Or if you are not mobile.

Try making a 2 player Comp stomp, and agree on the other player only managing base defenses before the match stats, outter premiters and attacks managed by you, with him/her as backup.Sort of like asafety net.

Also remember to use the envioment, Bridges can be blown, building destroyied,and roads closed off if you need them to, and you judge them a hazard.

basicly it sounds like you just need to learn a bit more about the units. What do you usually build, and how do you play? focusing on tech (turteling) is not really doable in CoH, not unelssthe map has chokepoints as stated above.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

all about build order, learnign when to build certain units, and what cap points to go for. Managing resource income is they key to winning, as well as making chokepoints for your enemies...like laying out a bunch of tank traps and leaving holes in the lines of tank traps, and filling those holes with mines

CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

Why do I suck at COH multiplayer?

I'm trying to get into this game , but this is pushing me away, since is not fun.

I have bought the game on May 2010 and have barely played due to this reason.

Now i got the the complete collection on steam sale(rebought the original game + expansions)

So far I have played 3 days none stop and still have this problem

First timers give me a challenge. Help?

enriK233

Spend more time on it and try to focus on how people beat you, always remember, "Practice makes Perfect"

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
You'd be better off finding someone you know is a noob than making a "noob only" room. When pro players see that they run in for a quick win.