why can't i run a simple game on my pc!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

i got an HP Pavilion

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 3200 Mhz, 2 cores, 4 logical procesors. ( its a quadcore ) 3.2 Ghz and it seems to boost to 3.5

8 GB of DDR3 RAM

i just trying to play worms revolution ( got it on steam for 3 bucks ). i checked the canirunit.com and it says no problem maxed out but when i play that dam game all resoution setting it freaking lags.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

i got an HP Pavilion

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 3200 Mhz, 2 cores, 4 logical procesors. ( its a quadcore ) 3.2 Ghz and it seems to boost to 3.5

8 GB of DDR3 RAM

i just trying to play worms revolution ( got it on steam for 3 bucks ). i checked the canirunit.com and it says no problem maxed out but when i play that dam game all resoution setting it freaking lags.

XxAK47xX

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxAK47xX

ok so why is a brand lable stopping the sepreate hardware parts to preform? i mean if i didnt say HP, what would your reaction be?

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GummiRaccoon

i got an HP Pavilion

8 GB of DDR3 RAM

XxAK47xX

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XxAK47xX

lol, great tech support. but why does the canirunit.com ( system requirments lab ) say i can run it no problem. i have searched youtube for peopel wheo have my same setup and they are playing need for speed most wanted and other big title and it looks really good. i says i can run border lands 2 no probem.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxAK47xX
this computer is real quick on everything else. I boot up windows in 4 second every single time. it boots up faster than my dam tv/iphone 5/xbox 360/ps3. its really cool that I spent 329 bucks on this computer.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Have you tried changing any other settings? You should be able to run it just fine. My HD 3000 in my laptop is much weaker, and I can play any game on it, albeit at low settings. Have you installed the latest graphics card drivers from AMD's website?
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XxAK47xX

well i toggled everything to the lowest medium and high and they all lag. This might sound kinda noobish, but does the size of the monitor.tv make a difference? or does the computer only understand the resoution of it? I have it hooked up to my 40 inch samsung LED tv.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

Yeah that makes no sense. The HD 7560D can run bioshock infinitie/tomb raider at medium 720p yet it can't run worms revolution ?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

well i toggled everything to the lowest medium and high and they all lag. This might sound kinda noobish, but does the size of the monitor.tv make a difference? or does the computer only understand the resoution of it? I have it hooked up to my 40 inch samsung LED tv.

XxAK47xX

Resolution is the only thing that matters in that regard.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxAK47xX

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Resolution is the only thing that matters in that regard.

thanks for clearing that up! ;)
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XxAK47xX

Yeah that makes no sense. The HD 7560D can run bioshock infinitie/tomb raider at medium 720p yet it can't run worms revolution ?

mastershake575

I know and I keep reading all these games that people are playing with my same setup and im the one with a d!(& up my @$$. llooll

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GummiRaccoon

update your drivers, see if that helps

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XxAK47xX

well when i go to the AMD vision engine control center and check for updates it already says that i have the lates update Ecluding those beta drivers.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GummiRaccoon

There seems to be tons of lag related issues with this game.

What is your internet connection like.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/200170/discussions/0/864948856892467574/

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

try another kind of game. it may be the game is just bad. have u tried googling a patch for the game? check power options and choose High Performance. a 2D cartoon game should run fine on it.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
Have tried other games to see if the run well?
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XxAK47xX
Ok after some deeper research I found in the computer system info that it is in fact a dual core and becomes a quad core via hyper threading. My internet connection is 12 mbits. I'm downloading metro 2033 ( which I got for free off steam a couple months back ). system requirements says I should be able to run it fine around a mid to high. I have Counterstrike: GO and when its maxed out its laggy., basically unplayable due to the quick reflexes you need in that game.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GummiRaccoon

Ok after some deeper research I found in the computer system info that it is in fact a dual core and becomes a quad core via hyper threading. My internet connection is 12 mbits. I'm downloading metro 2033 ( which I got for free off steam a couple months back ). system requirements says I should be able to run it fine around a mid to high. I have Counterstrike: GO and when its maxed out its laggy., basically unplayable due to the quick reflexes you need in that game. XxAK47xX

This is wrong

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 superclocked

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"]Ok after some deeper research I found in the computer system info that it is in fact a dual core and becomes a quad core via hyper threading. My internet connection is 12 mbits. I'm downloading metro 2033 ( which I got for free off steam a couple months back ). system requirements says I should be able to run it fine around a mid to high. I have Counterstrike: GO and when its maxed out its laggy., basically unplayable due to the quick reflexes you need in that game. GummiRaccoon

This is wrong

Well, just to clarify, it doesn't become a processor will 4 physical cores, but the hyper threading logic does make the 2 cores operate as 4 logical cores...
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
Ok after some deeper research I found in the computer system info that it is in fact a dual core and becomes a quad core via hyper threading. My internet connection is 12 mbits. I'm downloading metro 2033 ( which I got for free off steam a couple months back ). system requirements says I should be able to run it fine around a mid to high. I have Counterstrike: GO and when its maxed out its laggy., basically unplayable due to the quick reflexes you need in that game. XxAK47xX
I don't think you should be trying to max out modern 3D games and with metro 2033 I would expect low settings at a low resolution to be your best bet at a playable framerate.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"]Ok after some deeper research I found in the computer system info that it is in fact a dual core and becomes a quad core via hyper threading. My internet connection is 12 mbits. I'm downloading metro 2033 ( which I got for free off steam a couple months back ). system requirements says I should be able to run it fine around a mid to high. I have Counterstrike: GO and when its maxed out its laggy., basically unplayable due to the quick reflexes you need in that game. superclocked

This is wrong

Well, just to clarify, it doesn't become a processor will 4 physical cores, but the hyper threading logic does make the 2 cores operate as 4 logical cores...

That is wrong too.  They have 4 integer cores that share a lot of resources.  They have 2 floating point units, which CPUs are bad at anyway.  Hyperthreading is one unit acting as if it were 2.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XxAK47xX

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

This is wrong

GummiRaccoon

That is wrong too.  They have 4 integer cores that share a lot of resources.  They have 2 floating point units, which CPUs are bad at anyway.  Hyperthreading is one unit acting as if it were 2.

ha ha I didn't mean actually morphing it self. each core acts as two brains. being able to do two things at once rather than one.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxAK47xX

also i update my drivers for the graphics through the device manager ( wich i should of done in the first place ) and now it works way better than before. I decided to try out crysis and it was smooth as butter or what ever you want to compare it as.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

This is wrong

GummiRaccoon

and also, hyperthreading is Intel, not AMD.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

That is not a PC.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

That is not a PC.

AMD655
Problem solved
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 superclocked

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]Well, just to clarify, it doesn't become a processor will 4 physical cores, but the hyper threading logic does make the 2 cores operate as 4 logical cores...kungfool69

After I came back to this thread, I was thinking that he was using an Intel CPU for some reason. Probably because I remembered mentioning the HD 3000 in my laptop? Who knows, but I did know all of that already. Hell, I've explained it to a ton of people here...
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

superclocked

After I came back to this thread, I was thinking that he was using an Intel CPU for some reason. Probably because I remembered mentioning the HD 3000 in my laptop? Who knows, but I did know all of that already. Hell, I've explained it to a ton of people here...

I actually thought one of your kids may have been posting on your account.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Update your graphics drivers?

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Crysis lags on my 570. so i believe you. its just that your computer is less powerful than my phone lol JK