Why are we gamers in here ?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gpvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gpvalkyrie
Member since 2006 • 302 Posts

Ok, this is a sad chapter. So, pretty much most of us know that it is dumb writing about something that you can't even physically hold (besides the CD). I mean, we spend so much time talking about how much this game is better than that game but the sad truth is, it is all the same bolony and that includes game boys and play stations and so forth. I think it would be a cool idea to start a life for most of the kids here over 18 since the ones younger than that are just lost between the fear of crime and badness but one day they shall wake up. Also, all those kids that post a harrassing or "trying to be" funny post trying to humiliate me for example, don't we have enough of them ? Also, those muppets that don't even finnish reading my post (examples below) before writing dumb answers. Well, let me tell you a story. No, maybe another time, but anyway, I think it is dead out sad how you people talk about games like it would be some sort of important thing of life. Yeah sure, throwing a disc in the drive and blowing some heads off can be fun for a while if the player is mature enough to seperate reailty from fiction (which these days is hard), but let me say, there are so many other things to do in particular besides writing the same old posts, every day, about this and that and what is better, really sad isn't it? I saw an Airline Pilot yesterday, I was like "WOOW" does that guy also write posts about games? And then I see all the kids that do. Well, usually it is young college boys, kids, people that work at Best Buy for a living, I mean, I haven't seen any winners that drive ferraris and fly multi-million dollar equipment post anything about games. Seriously, my topic will be closed and taken away probably, but at least some get to read it and hopefully learn. Playing PC games is fun, writing about them is not. People should rather discuss why there is piracy in the gaming industry now that's a good pc game related topic. Oh well. So next time you finnish your calculus 2 homework, or after your mommy handed you your lunchbag, or after you flipped burgers at in n out burgers, or laugh at funny looking korean kids wearing big arse glasses, think about you for a bit and now about what you are going to post like I did now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I OWNED YOU !!! Writing PC Game posts ROCKS !!! Look at all the goobers that wrote a reply without having finnished reading the post. Now this is a great topic !

dar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 dar_
Member since 2003 • 8762 Posts
You win the incoherent-stream-of-consciousness-babble-with-a-surprise-ending post award for the day.
Scatsofrango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Scatsofrango
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts

You win the incoherent-stream-of-consciousness-babble-with-a-surprise-ending post award for the day.dar_

Let me tell you: F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!

ryanduvall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 ryanduvall
Member since 2004 • 1291 Posts
**** you. Go read a book about golbal politics and the impact computer hacking including piracy has had upon it.
hoket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hoket
Member since 2005 • 232 Posts
text wall crits you for 5461 (1621 resisted.)
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts
Not bad for a rant, not great but not bad. Your timing however sucks. LOL. Your post would have been perfect if it had been posted April 1rst. :D Just a bit tardy in the inspiration dept. but not bad. :P
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#7 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
I can't believe I wasted a minute of my life reading this...
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
I can't believe I wasted a minute of my life reading this...monco59
It took me more than a minute. :cry: But it was pretty good post, and I got the point.
Rickiej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Rickiej
Member since 2005 • 342 Posts

omg i just got owned,  i almost wanted to really reply to that nonsense :P

Ok i got owned:D

Kyuso84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kyuso84
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

Good to hear that you just where joking mate, for one second I thought you had gone crazy....

Bet there where many who didn't read thw whole, cause I didn't. just read the last part, hehe :p

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
I was wondering why you didn't use paragraph or line breaks, but yeah.. that makes sense now. That is still loosely true, though.
gpvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gpvalkyrie

My topic didn't get closed so that means I OWNED the Gamespot monitors because I made them read the whole post anyway, but at the same time I got owned by them because they did not close the topic. Catch 22. Anyway, why would they right ? It is a cool post.

Me heart gamespot

gpvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gpvalkyrie

**** you. Go read a book about golbal politics and the impact computer hacking including piracy has had upon it.ryanduvall

OOOOOOOWNED

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
I have a question: did you write this for personal gratification or are you manic depressive? Good insights, but I think you might need help.
PCgamerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PCgamerX
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts
Just because we don't spend several minutes reading your smartass post doesn't mean that we're dumb or that you 'owned' us.  Ever heard of TLDR?
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
Thanks for wasting my time! And yes, I did read the "surprise ending". This would have been a hell of alot more interesting thread if you would have left that part out. Oh...the flames that would have ensued...it would have at least wasted half my work day reading and posting in what could have been flamefest 2007. Thanks for nothing!
PCgamerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PCgamerX
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

what could have been flamefest 2007.dnuggs40

Yeah, lol.  It would have been fun.

2birds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 2birds
Member since 2006 • 773 Posts
Your Lucky i looked at the bottom of your post! or i'd of whined! whined like a little piggy! but welldone for being able to bother writing all that, its more than i've ever accomplished.
gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts
im confused
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
You didn't make the ending dramatic enough, it just kinda..came, should be a splat in the face if you know what I mean.
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 krazyorange
You didn't make the ending dramatic enough, it just kinda..came, should be a splat in the face if you know what I mean.Vfanek
very anticlimactic ending - agreed. plus it seems like he had an idea then wrote it down so others would agree in order for him to sleep at night.
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

what is your point? that people discussing a mutual interest, a passion, is a bad thing?

that we should all play games (because you say playing games is fine) and then abjectly refuse to discuss them with anyone?

why? what is so great about isolationism? and what the hell is so great about being a pilot? it's just a glorified bus driver

i enjoy discussing many of my hobbies with friends, both online and off - should i stop dicsussuing them with my friends who share my interests? is it just games? should i refuse to discuss games with my real life friends, or just refuse to discuss them online?

why should it be limited to games? it's a worldwide, multibillion dollar industry - easily comparable to films or books or television - all three of which i avidly discuss, along with games, with my friends - because that's what we enjoy

i kind of get the impression you're trying to say that there's more to life than games, things such as boobies and trees and cabbages and bungeejumping and mcfarlane's dragons and many other awesome things

guess what, dude, we already know

but this is a games forum

we discuss games here 

gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamerchris810
im even more confused
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 krazyorange
im even more confusedgamerchris810
Here is a summary: Guy #1 complains that we discuss games. Instead of realizing this is a gaming forum and all we do is discuss games because we are either A) horribly addicted B) have nothing better to do at the moment (me) or C) we are incapable of finding physical companionship and resort to online personas to communicate, he whines that we are morons. Guys #2-#18 rebuke this with my aforementioned analogy/explanation Guy #19 (that's you) says he's confused, and I step in to clarify. And by the way Guy #1, this is a games forum. Steps to complain about said forum: Go to google and type in "non-gaming forums." Browse. Find one which looks interesting. Join. Click "New Thread." Type: "I don't like gaming forums." Precede to include your previous argument.
gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamerchris810
[QUOTE="gamerchris810"]im even more confusedkrazyorange
Here is a summary: Guy #1 complains that we discuss games. Instead of realizing this is a gaming forum and all we do is discuss games because we are either A) horribly addicted B) have nothing better to do at the moment (me) or C) we are incapable of finding physical companionship and resort to online personas to communicate, he whines that we are morons. Guys #2-#18 rebuke this with my aforementioned analogy/explanation Guy #19 (that's you) says he's confused, and I step in to clarify. And by the way Guy #1, this is a games forum. Steps to complain about said forum: Go to google and type in "non-gaming forums." Browse. Find one which looks interesting. Join. Click "New Thread." Type: "I don't like gaming forums." Precede to include your previous argument.

i am no longer confused! thankyou!
visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#26 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts
I think he is just tired of the same topic's over and over. Should probably go to a different forum. Don't think things are going to change much around here.
edgeofforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 edgeofforever
Member since 2004 • 349 Posts
What?
Havok357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Havok357
Member since 2005 • 297 Posts

Hey guys, if you actually read the whole post, you'd see that he was kidding about that BS. BTW, it's the same @$$H0le that posted sh1t on my topic "What do you think about insulting in online gaming?".

Resuming, he wrote 20 lines of BS to finally say he was kidding, wasting precious time of my life.

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#29 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts

Me no read.

Must flip burgers now...

And fetch banana... 

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 krazyorange

Hey guys, if you actually read the whole post, you'd see that he was kidding about that BS. BTW, it's the same @$$H0le that posted sh1t on my topic "What do you think about insulting in online gaming?".

Resuming, he wrote 20 lines of BS to finally say he was kidding, wasting precious time of my life.

Havok357
yes, I did read the whole post, but it was a waste of my time. obviously, if he were truly kidding and didn't believe $.01 of what he was saying, it would've been 2 lines and not 8 million. That is all.
gpvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gpvalkyrie

and what the hell is so great about being a pilot? it's just a glorified bus driver

A-S_FM

Must be really glorifying to have an engine fire on final approach after already have proceeded to an alternate airport, with no more fuel for a go-around, snow blizzard limiting the visibility to 0, meanwhile windshears and gusts and cross winds of 20 kts while all the people in the back screaming their arse out that they're going to die and guess what, they won't. Because that glorified bus driver that by the way happens to see the whole world and get paid over 150 000 $ USD a year for it (getting a little bit of culture experience) happenend to have gone through one of the hardest trainings, both psycological as well as physical to be where he or she is now, in command of 100 + in some cases 600 + lives in the back like yours, that depend on him/her to bring you safe to your momy and dady that happily await you at the airport.

A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
[QUOTE="A-S_FM"]

and what the hell is so great about being a pilot? it's just a glorified bus driver

gpvalkyrie

Must be really glorifying to have an engine fire on final approach after already have proceeded to an alternate airport, with no more fuel for a go-around, snow blizzard limiting the visibility to 0, meanwhile windshears and gusts and cross winds of 20 kts while all the people in the back screaming their arse out that they're going to die and guess what, they won't. Because that glorified bus driver that by the way happens to see the whole world and get paid over 150 000 $ USD a year for it (getting a little bit of culture experience) happenend to have gone through one of the hardest trainings, both psycological as well as physical to be where he or she is now, in command of 100 + in some cases 600 + lives in the back like yours, that depend on him/her to bring you safe to your momy and dady that happily await you at the airport.

countless jobs can be described in similar ways - what's your point? i'm reasonably well aware of the rigorous training a pilot - any kind of pilot - has to endure, along with the difficulties and responsibilty involved - but yeah, the same can be said of a bus driver, the roads aren't safe, i don't need a statistic to back that up - it's obvious from your name and avatar that you have a thing for the air, and i apologise if i offended one of your loves - but, yeah, so what? what i said may seemingly reek of ignorance, but what i said is hardly incorrect when interpreted the correct way - especially if you know what glorified means