Who's looking forward to Tera?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HxCEdgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HxCEdgy
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

I got a chance to play in the beta for Tera and I must say "wow" the game looks stunning the combat system seams to work very well but I hope pvp is not going to flop =/ say that the dungeons look very interesting.

So are you looking forward to Tera? If so why?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Nope and if everyone looking forward to it played any of the betas I don't know how they can still look forward to it, or even care.

It's a Korean game, says it all, combat and graphics isn't enough, it will have a terrible community and its future will be exactly like Aion, but good luck to people that still go through all that and end up getting it, would have been one of them/you if a friend didn't convince me to play the beta, canceled the pre-order about 3 hours after.

HxCEdgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HxCEdgy
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Nope and if everyone looking forward to it played any of the betas I don't know how they can still look forward to it, or even care. It's a Korean game, says it all, combat and graphics isn't enough, it will have a terrible community and it's future will be exactly like Aion, but good luck to people that still go through all that and end up getting it, would have been one of them/you if a friend didn't convince me to play the beta, canceled the pre-order about 3 hours after.

Thats wrong with Korean games? I can understand that the game can fail if it doesn't have a great community but what makes you so sure that this game won't ? I think Aion did well for a few months but yeah it has gone F2P now, Tera does have the problem where it could become grindy
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Looks interesting enough, but I'm undecided. I'll wait for the open beta this weekend to see if I like the game or not.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
The game is too pretty.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust
[QUOTE="HxCEdgy"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Nope and if everyone looking forward to it played any of the betas I don't know how they can still look forward to it, or even care. It's a Korean game, says it all, combat and graphics isn't enough, it will have a terrible community and it's future will be exactly like Aion, but good luck to people that still go through all that and end up getting it, would have been one of them/you if a friend didn't convince me to play the beta, canceled the pre-order about 3 hours after.

Thats wrong with Korean games? I can understand that the game can fail if it doesn't have a great community but what makes you so sure that this game won't ? I think Aion did well for a few months but yeah it has gone F2P now, Tera does have the problem where it could become grindy

It's the complete opposite of what the rest of the world would consider as fun, quests are made just so they can say "we have quests :>" they're terrible, all it wants you to do and all it has to offer is to grind (thus it's a "fantastic" Korean game), the only people that will play it are the few that find certain elements of its PvP as something they always wanted, it will have extremely elitistic players because of that.
HxCEdgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HxCEdgy
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="HxCEdgy"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Nope and if everyone looking forward to it played any of the betas I don't know how they can still look forward to it, or even care. It's a Korean game, says it all, combat and graphics isn't enough, it will have a terrible community and it's future will be exactly like Aion, but good luck to people that still go through all that and end up getting it, would have been one of them/you if a friend didn't convince me to play the beta, canceled the pre-order about 3 hours after.

It's the complete opposite of what the rest of the world would consider as fun, quests are made just so they can say "we have quests :>" they're terrible, all it wants you to do and all it has to offer is to grind (thus it's a "fantastic" Korean game), the only people that will play it are the few that find certain elements of its PvP as something they always wanted, it will have extremely elitistic players because of that.

big statement saying that the rest of the world wouldn't consider this game to be fun I am from the UK so =/ when I played the beta the quest did seam fine nothing new from other mmos but they was good, granted other mmo may have a very in depth story line I am not a 100% sure of Tera's story
HxCEdgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HxCEdgy

Looks interesting enough, but I'm undecided. I'll wait for the open beta this weekend to see if I like the game or not.

MyopicCanadian
Best way to try is to have a go on the Beta :)
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust

I stated that the rest of the world doesn't like Korean games, but yes, I guess it does mean, in the end that people won't like Tera.

There are Korean reviews (made in English of course) if you look hard enough (since it was out for quite some time) and all of them praise it and give it extremely high if not perfect scores, because Koreans always praise their games, but ironically, even with almost perfect scores they do not neglect to basically state that the game is fun, but they really like it for the graphics and grinding, there is nothing else the game offers and PvP isn't that important to them it seems, they're not crazy about it.

I said before that I played it for around 3 hours and immediately canceled the pre-order, but it wasn't entirely like that, I also looked for some reviews first because everything felt off, I wanted to make sure it's actually as bad as the first impression and I am sure a "leveling is fun, but I'd rather just find a spot and grind to the max level" MMO is not what I am going to find fun and not something that will ever be popular outside of Asia, these kind of MMOs didn't make it "outside" so far and I see now reason for this one being different, graphics and its take on hack and slash won't be enough.

Shame this wasn't what I expected, hopefully the "next big thing" will be better, I'm looking for a MMO, spent enough years on WoW for now, if only there'd be something important released in the next few years :/.

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Nope I'll be passing on that. I'm gonna spend my money on an actually fun innovative mmo, GW2. I have had the luck of being able to play and experience both games and the only thing that Tera does better is graphics on a technical level. IMO GW2 will be the MMO to go with this year.

HxCEdgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HxCEdgy

I stated that the rest of the world doesn't like Korean games, but yes, I guess it does mean, in the end that people won't like Tera.

There are Korean reviews (made in English of course) if you look hard enough (since it was out for quite some time) and all of them praise it and give it extremely high if not perfect scores, because Koreans always praise their games, but ironically, even with almost perfect scores they do not neglect to basically state that the game is fun, but they really like it for the graphics and grinding, there is nothing else the game offers and PvP isn't that important to them it seems, they're not crazy about it.

I said before that I played it for around 3 hours and immediately canceled the pre-order, but it wasn't entirely like that, I also looked for some reviews first because everything felt off, I wanted to make sure it's actually as bad as the first impression and I am sure a "leveling is fun, but I'd rather just find a spot and grind to the max level" MMO is not what I am going to find and not something that will ever be popular outside of Asia, these kind of MMOs didn't make it "outside" so far and I see now reason for this one being different, graphics and its take on hack and slash won't be enough.

Shame this wasn't what I expected, hopefully the "next big thing" will be better, I'm looking for a MMO, spent enough years on WoW for now, if only there'd be something important released in the next few years :/.

DanielDust
You make some good points, maybe Asia has hyped there own games up, I played Wow for a few years now , I am looking for the new MMO where you start on day one, I wil give Tera ago when it comes out but you have highlighted a great worry of mine that a game has no or bad community, you said " if only there'd be something important released in the next few years :/." So your not hyped for Guild Wars 2?
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Nope, I considered GW 2, but I will be skipping it, unless there'll be some real enjoyment and activity while questing in the world and if it has some decent PvE, but in general I do not like how classes work (don't matter) in PvE and I really don't like how the PvP works, in short, if it has a decent community doing stuff in the world I might get it, but even so, I won't play it much.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

I said before that I played it for around 3 hours and immediately canceled the pre-order, but it wasn't entirely like that, I also looked for some reviews first because everything felt off, I wanted to make sure it's actually as bad as the first impression and I am sure a "leveling is fun, but I'd rather just find a spot and grind to the max level" MMO is not what I am going to find fun and not something that will ever be popular outside of Asia, these kind of MMOs didn't make it "outside" so far and I see now reason for this one being different, graphics and its take on hack and slash won't be enough.

DanielDust

I know you said you read around too, but lets be honest, 3hrs isnt that much. Thats like off of noob island and to the first area, if that? Would you give WoW praise after 3 hours of trying it?

I will be buying Tera and playing day 1. It seems decent/good. I like the tanking mechanics as a lancer.

I'm not too concerned about a grind. After playing Final Fantasy XI for 3years I'm pretty numb to grinding and in some cases prefer it to questing.

I cant say how endgame is so the game very well could suck like SWOR did, but I enjoy what I played. If anything It will satisfy my MMO crave for a while until the next one. Just not right to dismiss it so quickly. I understand personal preference and all.

jhonel83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 jhonel83
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts
It has cute bear/ferret/rabbit chars, all female chars look like they are 20 and wear a mini skirt and high heels. Males look like a gay version of the Terminator. If you have no problem with that art style, I'll add even more. Grabbed my beta key from GS, waited over night to download then launched, blinded me with small and weird text fonts, watched a boring intro, picked a char -"error..bla blah" and it crashes to desktop. Later that day I try again ("come on, it can't be that bad?") - the game launches another patch. Another 5 hours of waiting... Ooook, I finally launch the game again, watch the boring intro, create another ridiculously cute killing machine and a message popps up -"the beta trial has ended". Really?? WHAT THE ****? I will never, ever touch this game in my life, even if they pay me to.
Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

the character customization looks good, but im not too sure if this game will pay off. I'm still looking forward to it a little i guess.

WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WizardGlass
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts
Nope, I considered GW 2, but I will be skipping it, unless there'll be some real enjoyment and activity while questing in the world and if it has some decent PvE, but in general I do not like how classes work (don't matter) in PvE and I really don't like how the PvP works, in short, if it has a decent community doing stuff in the world I might get it, but even so, I won't play it much.DanielDust
i say this with all honesty.... everyone in this thread needs to just ignore everything that DanielDust says. i have yet to see him ever say he actually likes any game at all. its just post after post of this and that game being complete garbage TERA will do fine, as it is already drawing in almost every important guild from Lineage 2 and Aion.... it is basically going to be the new home for PVP competition.
WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WizardGlass
[QUOTE="jhonel83"]It has cute bear/ferret/rabbit chars, all female chars look like they are 20 and wear a mini skirt and high heels. Males look like a gay version of the Terminator. If you have no problem with that art style, I'll add even more. Grabbed my beta key from GS, waited over night to download then launched, blinded me with small and weird text fonts, watched a boring intro, picked a char -"error..bla blah" and it crashes to desktop. Later that day I try again ("come on, it can't be that bad?") - the game launches another patch. Another 5 hours of waiting... Ooook, I finally launch the game again, watch the boring intro, create another ridiculously cute killing machine and a message popps up -"the beta trial has ended". Really?? WHAT THE ****? I will never, ever touch this game in my life, even if they pay me to.

so.... you are blaming the game for your internet being horribly slow....which caused you to miss most of the beta phase? wow, ok. and errors? i have played in almost every beta test for TERA so far and havent run into a single log in error.... i think someone is making up stories. yet another traditional "haters gonna hate" post.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DanielDust
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Nope, I considered GW 2, but I will be skipping it, unless there'll be some real enjoyment and activity while questing in the world and if it has some decent PvE, but in general I do not like how classes work (don't matter) in PvE and I really don't like how the PvP works, in short, if it has a decent community doing stuff in the world I might get it, but even so, I won't play it much.WizardGlass
i say this with all honesty.... everyone in this thread needs to just ignore everything that DanielDust says. i have yet to see him ever say he actually likes any game at all. its just post after post of this and that game being complete garbage TERA will do fine, as it is already drawing in almost every important guild from Lineage 2 and Aion.... it is basically going to be the new home for PVP competition.

You need glasses, it's time. I like most games, you probably just enjoy the few overhyped games that I consider garbage. If you will get glasses you will see the kind of games I play (even at this moment, an apparent garbage game according to crititcs but a fantastic one in reality and also the kind of ratings I give to games on my profile). If you like GW so be it, ironically you made a quote about a post which says "I don't care about the game", it's been the most underwhelming game in the last few years considering the hype that goes for it as for Tera, if you consider Aion to be doing great in the world except Asia...then yeah, it will do fine, if barely having players means fine for you.
WizardGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WizardGlass
[QUOTE="WizardGlass"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Nope, I considered GW 2, but I will be skipping it, unless there'll be some real enjoyment and activity while questing in the world and if it has some decent PvE, but in general I do not like how classes work (don't matter) in PvE and I really don't like how the PvP works, in short, if it has a decent community doing stuff in the world I might get it, but even so, I won't play it much.DanielDust

You need glasses, it's time. I like most games, you probably just enjoy the few overhyped games that I consider garbage. If you will get glasses you will see the kind of games I play (even at this moment, an apparent garbage game according to crititcs but a fantastic one in reality and also the kind of ratings I give to games on my profile). If you like GW so be it, ironically you made a quote about a post which says "I don't care about the game", it's been the most underwhelming game in the last few years considering the hype that goes for it as for Tera, if you consider Aion to be doing great in the world except Asia...then yeah, it will do fine, if barely having players means fine for you.

apparently YOU are the one that needs glasses, because nowhere in my post did i state that Aion is doing fine. perhaps reading before commenting would assist your cause. you SAY you "like a lot of games" but yet.... looking at your post history, i cannot see any positive comments made towards any game in recent months, which have yielded some fantastic games.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DanielDust
There's only one fantastic game this year, Syndicate and apparently you're sight is bad enough to not notice the many posts related to Diablo 3, which will be the 2nd fantastic game of this year (among 5 or so great games, which are mostly indie or veterans that finally did it right, like Wargame, Angry Birds Space, Stacking, Rayman and Fall of the Samurai no more, no less). You need decent games in the last months to praise games and I know it's a shock, but people can actually avoid games they're not interested in, the only games I talk about are games I experienced or games that I bought and played extensively.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

It is a good thing TERA is supposedly remaking thet newb island. And replace it with something more enjoyable.

I like the PvP system, Combat (because the crappy static hotkey combat system most mmos use is utterly terrible), and Graphics. But I heard nothing but bad things about the questing.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I'm looking forward to seeing what others think about it, but not looking forward to playing it myself. Nothing wrong with the game, I'm just kind of done with MMOs for awhile. I'll get back to MMOs eventually, but right now I have too many non-MMOs to catch up on as well as new games.