Who Has a Multi-Monitor Setup?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crysis_Pwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crysis_Pwns
Member since 2007 • 806 Posts

Hey, I currently have a samsung 216bw and its awesome, but sometimes I find myself wishing I had 2 seperate monitors to have windows open simotaneously. Who here has a multi-monitor setup and do you find yourself using them alot?

I'm a programmer in training and it seems like it would be a reasonable upgrade. Thanks!

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
I'm running a dual monitor setup and I honestly think it's more of a luxury than of any real use (for my purposes at least).
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
I had an extra monitor hooked up at home for a while which was fun at first, but wasn't of much use. The most useful thing I did with it was monitor my system's vitals on one monitor while gaming on the other, for tweaking purposes. If you're thinking about dual monitor gaming, support for it is very scarce and if present, commonly non-beneficial. At work it's great though, and in general, if you're running a couple of different applications or many instances of the same application and need to switch between them a lot, a multi-monitor setup is the way to go.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I use a dual monitor at work, where it helps quite a bit, and at home I have my PC hooked up to my HDTV and monitor... but it isn't really necessary. One big monitor works well for my at-home purposes :)
Ziggy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Ziggy56
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
would be good for programming i suppose, to have more windows open for view at once. I usually have mirc, vent, and hlsw all open on my second screen when playing games which is helpful. I also find it very useful when I am in 3d workshop. Not sure if it is worth the money tho...I got both of my CRTs from the fleamarket for $5 :P
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
I used to have 3 and my taskbar spread across all 3. I could change that if I wanted. I actually ended up not liking it though so I just stay with 1 now.
kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
I was going to get 2 more monitors so that I could have a triple head. Crysis would need to be taken down to Medium, at least, but it's just something that I've always wanted. The thing is, my monitor, a LG L196WTQ, has just been discontinued. So, I'll need to scramble to get find two more if I want this thing to not suck eggs.