Which to buy for PC - GTA V or Mortal Kombat X ?

venom0706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 venom0706
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

I am hesitating between buying one of these two for my laptop. Which one would you recommend - GTA V or MK X ? My specs are: Intel i3 (2,4 GHz), 6GB RAM and Geforce 740M. Thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

hard to say. it's really very subjective. depends wich gameplay you would enjoy more. i got them both pre-ordered.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

GTA5 if one is all you can do. It's the only one I'd care for out the two at least. Though you have to have 64bit windows and not everyone does so I thought I'd point it out just in case.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@venom0706:

Hi Venom0706,

I am moving your topic to the PC Discussion board as I think you will be able to get more help in terms of which game will run better on the hardware you listed, plus a better idea on which game overall.

jaenjaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By jaenjaes
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

You're more than likely to get more longevity from Grand Theft Auto V for PC (considering if it's extremely optimized for everyone to play and enjoy) over Mortal Kombat X. With fighting games for PC, a huge issue is dealing with any netcode issues (MK9 and Injustice had this issues apparently, I wouldn't know for sure as I only played MK9 on PS3). If you've already played GTAV however, pick up X if that's really what you're interested in. I personally have X preordered for PS4 while GTAV is on the back burner until a few weeks roll out to make sure players are enjoying it and it's not glitchy or anything.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

If gta is a crappy port then Mortal Combat. And vice versa

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#7 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Mortal Kombat X, while GTA5 for PC is the true GTA5 that people were hoping for I don't believe it warrants a full $60 price tag, especially given its an old game, if Rockstar wanted me to pay that much then they should have released the game for PC back when it was released for the PS3 and 360 and updated gradually from there to its current level, Mortal Kombat X on the other hand is a brand new game.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Mortal Kombat X is using an engine from 2004 (albeit modified) in the year 2015. The developers need to stop being so lazy and learn a newer engine. I'd go with GTA 5 regardless because it seems more fun.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@saintsatan said:

Mortal Kombat X is using an engine from 2004 (albeit modified) in the year 2015. The developers need to stop being so lazy and learn a newer engine.

Who cares? MKX looks just as good as any modern game. If it still looks nice, then why complain?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaintSatan

@JangoWuzHere said:

@saintsatan said:

Mortal Kombat X is using an engine from 2004 (albeit modified) in the year 2015. The developers need to stop being so lazy and learn a newer engine.

Who cares? MKX looks just as good as any modern game. If it still looks nice, then why complain?

Because it's lazy, as I just said. There's no reason not to use Unreal Engine 4 especially when they're charging $90 for it. And doesn't look good at all imo, not even close to most other modern games. This is PC version maxed out. It looks very last gen.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JangoWuzHere

@saintsatan said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@saintsatan said:

Because it's lazy, as I just said. There's no reason not to use Unreal Engine 4 especially when they're charging $90 for it. And doesn't look good at all imo, not even close to most other modern games. This is PC version maxed out. It looks very last gen.

I completely disagree, Implying the creation of a triple AAA game is lazy just because they used a slightly older engine is insane

If you compare MKX to the last Mortal Kombat game, it is a significant upgrade.

awax187187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 awax187187
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@saintsatan said:

is he waving his knife around like he just don't care

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@venom0706: your specs ain't bad but they're not high enough either however I suggest GTA V ...it's a new and maybe best experience on pc

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'd probably recommend not picking up any fighter on PC, unless you don't care about multiplayer. The player base on all these games start to dwindle in a week from launch. I mean, most fighting games have dreadful netcode so it's not a huge deal.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaintSatan

@JangoWuzHere said:

@saintsatan said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@saintsatan said:

I completely disagree, Implying the creation of a triple AAA game is lazy just because they used a slightly older engine is insane

A slightly older engine? It's 8 years older. It's not insane to think they're lazy at all. They are and they're showing it proudly by using UE3 instead of UE4. There's literally no reason not to use UE4 except for being lazy. It's 2015 and all "next gen" consoles are out. It's time to start using next gen engines instead of last gen crap. What's the point of even buying next gen consoles/hardware if you're gonna keep using an engine from 2004?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@saintsatan said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@saintsatan said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@saintsatan said:

A slightly older engine? It's 8 years older. It's not insane to think they're lazy at all. They are and they're showing it proudly by using UE3 instead of UE4. There's literally no reason not to use UE4 except for being lazy. It's 2015 and all "next gen" consoles are out. It's time to start using next gen engines instead of last gen crap. What's the point of even buying next gen consoles/hardware if you're gonna keep using an engine from 2004?

I'm not sure if you're aware, but engines nowadays are constantly updated and modified. Advanced Warfare still has code dating all the way back to 1999, but to say that game looks bad and sledgehammer is lazy would be completely wrong. Not to mention, development of MKX started in early 2012. Unreal Engine 4 wasn't even revealed until later in the year. How exactly were they going to use an engine that wasn't even avaliable to them? You'll probably say that they should have made a new engine from scratch then, but that would be far more time consuming and expensive.

People don't judge how next gen a game is by the engine it's using. They look at the visuals and gameplay improvements that the game offers.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SaintSatan

@JangoWuzHere: UE4 was released and demoed in 2012. I never judged the game by the engine it's using lol. I never said a single word about the gameplay or anything else. It looks pretty cool but I would never consider it over GTA 5 on PC. The only lasting fighting game I've ever seen on PC was Street Fighter.