Which Game Should We Get? (Details Inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pumpatron87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pumpatron87
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

My friend and I have been looking for a decent First Person Shooter which has online play for a while now, although we can't make our minds up as to which game to get. We used to play games such as the following together & got loads of fun out of them:

- Battlefield 2

- Battlefield 2142

- Counter Strike: Source

- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

- Call Of Duty including all the expansions etc

- Unreal Tournament 2004

These are all pretty fast paced & require some teamwork, therefore it was fun for us as we'd talk over Vent and move around together in order to complete objectives etc. We then bought Arma II around a week ago, but ended up returning it to the shop as it didn't really have the fast paced type of atmosphere we were so used to. It was more of a simulator than an actual 'game' really.

Anyway, we're now looking for a fairly new game which matches our criteria, therefore if you guys can recommend anything decent I'd really appreciate it. We were thinking of something like Team Fortress 2 or maybe Brothers in arms 3? We're not sure. We were even considering rebuying CS:Source each as we both lost our original copies, but maybe there's something better out there now.

Oh and one last thing I should add is that we got a lot of enjoyment out of ranking up & being able to check our stats online, although this is just a plus really and doesn't particularly matter.

Thanks a lot.

chilidogg94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 chilidogg94
Member since 2008 • 565 Posts

My friend and I have been looking for a decent First Person Shooter which has online play for a while now, although we can't make our minds up as to which game to get. We used to play games such as the following together & got loads of fun out of them:

- Battlefield 2

- Battlefield 2142

- Counter Strike: Source

- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

- Call Of Duty including all the expansions etc

- Unreal Tournament 2004

These are all pretty fast paced & require some teamwork, therefore it was fun for us as we'd talk over Vent and move around together in order to complete objectives etc. We then bought Arma II around a week ago, but ended up returning it to the shop as it didn't really have the fast paced type of atmosphere we were so used to. It was more of a simulator than an actual 'game' really.

Anyway, we're now looking for a fairly new game which matches our criteria, therefore if you guys can recommend anything decent I'd really appreciate it. We were thinking of something like Team Fortress 2 or maybe Brothers in arms 3? We're not sure.

Thanks a lot.

Pumpatron87

Definitely try TF2, great game. Brothers in Arms 3? You mean Hell's Highway right? Its multiplayer is pretty slow paced and I doubt its very populated. Also try Left 4 Dead if you're looking for a co-op game.

Pumpatron87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pumpatron87
Yeah I meant Hell's Highway. Left 4 Dead could be a decent choice, I'll look into it.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor,

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

BIA's 3 multiplayer is awful.

Anyway have you tried out the multiplayer mod for BF2 project reality? That game is all about team work and communication but im not sure if its fast paced enough for you.

You can try Rainbow Six vegas 2(Which is only 10$ now on newegg) or Call of duty 4. Both have stats and rank and are kind teamwork based with fast paced action.

And are you just looking for an FPS game or some other genre?

chilidogg94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chilidogg94
Member since 2008 • 565 Posts

Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor,

pvtdonut54

Killing Floor is also a great game. It has leveling, team work, and its a fast paced game.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

And also it does not really matter if you lost your CS source copy's because the game is saved to your Steam account..

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

1. Team Fortress2

2. Counterstrike Source

3. Killing Floor

4. Left4Dead

5. Unreal2k4

I think you two would have a blast on any of those personally.

Pumpatron87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pumpatron87
We've played Vegas 2 & all the Call of Duties unfortunately. And yes Jango, mainly we're just looking for a decent FPS to play online together which is fast paced & nothing at all like Arma II.
Pumpatron87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pumpatron87
Kozzy, thanks for those suggestions. It seems many are suggesting TF2, so we may end up getting that. Unreal 2k4 we played years ago so if we were gonna play UT again we'd probably get UT3. Speaking of which, have you any idea if it's any good?
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Kozzy, thanks for those suggestions. It seems many are suggesting TF2, so we may end up getting that. Unreal 2k4 we played years ago so if we were gonna play UT again we'd probably get UT3. Speaking of which, have you any idea if it's any good?Pumpatron87

UT3 was a letdown, and the multiplayer is pretty non existent.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

I think UT3 was okay.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts

1. Team Fortress2

2. Counterstrike Source

3. Killing Floor

4. Left4Dead

5. Unreal2k4

I think you two would have a blast on any of those personally.

kozzy1234

You just read mah mind. 8)

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
get the orange box or left 4 dead and how can u not play cs:s even if u lost ur copy its tied to your steam account so unless u never actually installed and played it you can still play the game now if u lost you steam account that's a different story.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

[QUOTE="Pumpatron87"]Kozzy, thanks for those suggestions. It seems many are suggesting TF2, so we may end up getting that. Unreal 2k4 we played years ago so if we were gonna play UT again we'd probably get UT3. Speaking of which, have you any idea if it's any good?pvtdonut54

UT3 was a letdown, and the multiplayer is pretty non existent.

there still people playing although yeah ut2004 has a much bigger playerbase and i taught ut3 was good especially with the new titan patch that came out added alot of new content and is worth playing IMO.