turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I've been wanting to get into the Counter Strike scene for a while now but I know there are several games in the series on Steam... as someone who hasn't played it before, which would you all recommend I get? I was thinking Source for the multiplayer and Condition Zero for the singleplayer and to practice/ get to know the mechanics. I'm not a total skill based shooter noob as I'm decent but not great at Team Fortress 2. So which do I start with?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Global Offensive is the one you want. It's the newest one, still getting updated and has the most players ( 650k peak today, compared to Source's 10K ).

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

There's no reason to get any but the latest. That's where the community is, that's where the support is. Global Offensive. And don't let the "back in my day" old timey source fanboys tell you otherwise. It's still the same damn game. If you really want to play the single player of Condition Zero, go for it, but there's no point in playing that for practice. The mechanics are as simple as shooters get, and you can play against bots in Global Offensive. Even so, no AI controlled enemies can prepare you for multiplayer. Just jump right in with the Casual mode matchmaking, and play. You'll get the hang of it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@the_bi99man: @harry_james_pot:

Thanks folks! I'll download GO when it goes on sale since I'm a cheap bastard. Your input has been helpful.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

There's no reason to get any but the latest. That's where the community is, that's where the support is. Global Offensive. And don't let the "back in my day" old timey source fanboys tell you otherwise. It's still the same damn game. If you really want to play the single player of Condition Zero, go for it, but there's no point in playing that for practice. The mechanics are as simple as shooters get, and you can play against bots in Global Offensive. Even so, no AI controlled enemies can prepare you for multiplayer. Just jump right in with the Casual mode matchmaking, and play. You'll get the hang of it.

I don't think those people exist, if any game they'll be talking about it's 1.x, not source.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

I feel like CSGOs guns feel and sound like plastic toys. I played it a few times and never looked back. dont even have it installed.

all i do it play cz, 1.6, and source