Where can I get Microsoft word for windows 8?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by crazyguy111 (406 posts) -

Hey, I heard that that Windows 8 does not come with Word, which I will need for college. Where can I get Microsoft Word or a program that comes with Word for a cheap price? Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (11572 posts) -

@crazyguy111: https://www.dreamspark.com/

Try that first or ask your college directly, they will either have it free for students or a discounted price.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (35272 posts) -

Open Office

#4 Posted by MlauTheDaft (5189 posts) -

@GTR12 said:

@crazyguy111: https://www.dreamspark.com/

Try that first or ask your college directly, they will either have it free for students or a discounted price.

This and look up Libre Office or OpenOffice if you want it free and don't mind a "higher" learning curve (as in it's not MS themed). I use Libre, when I'm not using Office 2010.

#5 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (20100 posts) -

I'm not sure where you go to college. But, every college I went to allows at least one free license of MS Office Enterprise and one of either Windows 7 or Windows 8, among other software.

#6 Posted by Arthas045 (5694 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I'm not sure where you go to college. But, every college I went to allows at least one free license of MS Office Enterprise and one of either Windows 7 or Windows 8, among other software.

Same here or I would imagine it would be heavily discounted.

#7 Posted by fatee (371 posts) -

I highly recommend OpenOffice if it's for college. Some other word programmes will skewer the positioning of your hard work when opened with an actual MS word app. Openoffice tends not to do this and interchanges nicely.

It's also free.

#8 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (20100 posts) -

@fatee said:

I highly recommend OpenOffice if it's for college. Some other word programmes will skewer the positioning of your hard work when opened with an actual MS word app. Openoffice tends not to do this and interchanges nicely.

It's also free.

I used to have Open Office. But, it tended to have formatting problems with .docx and .pptx file formats from MS Office 2007 onwards. The extra work needed to correct them made me decide to stick with the MS apps since those are what the university uses.

In the colleges and universities I attended, I was entitled to one free license of MS Office Enterprise along with one free license of either Windows 7 or Windows 8.