Whats the general consensus about Wagon Age: Awakening (No spoilers please)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I'm still playing through vanilla Wagon Age at the moment but what is the general opinion on the expansion pack?

Is it worth getting? I'm more interested in the quality of the content rather than the price so lets put that aside.

blurguy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 blurguy6
Member since 2010 • 699 Posts
lol wagon age.........
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 biggest_loser
lol wagon age.........blurguy6
Do YOU have the expansion for it?!
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 biggest_loser
So no one bought it?
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

I think you mean Dragon Age.

Bigsteve3570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bigsteve3570
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts
Aside from the lolable title.... I think the expansion to dragon age was completely unnecessary (after playing through the whole thing myself). It is good, but I didn't feel that sense of urgency or attachment to the characters this time around because I knew it was only a quick 20 hour endeavor. It is a great game, but I would have preferred if they didn't continue the game from origins.
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

Well,at least it adds new characters and story.That's something that would make the next Dragon Age more interesting.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
Haven't bothered to finish it yet and propably won't. In theory it pretty much continues where you left off in the Origins, but actually feels more like a side quest or something, not meaning it's that short, just less epic and whole. Something to level your character with if that's your thing. You only get to keep one party member, and it's the worst one, that generic dwarf. And there's less interaction with them, so aside from combat it pretty much lacks that whole party aspect of the original.
Xxgood-timesXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xxgood-timesXx
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts

it sucked

no character development and only a few new items

dont waste, ur cash.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

it sucked

dont waste, ur cash.

Xxgood-timesXx
Haven't bothered to finish it yet and propably won't. In theory it pretty much continues where you left off in the Origins, but actually feels more like a side quest or something, not meaning it's that short, just less epic and whole. Something to level your character with if that's your thing. You only get to keep one party member, and it's the worst one, that generic dwarf. And there's less interaction with them, so aside from combat it pretty much lacks that whole party aspect of the original.ManicAce
this... we get to keep the worst friggin character. WHY BIOWARE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Wagon age indeed and they want to make a dragon age 2.

it sucked

dont waste, ur cash.

Xxgood-timesXx
In that case i will avoid it, but tell me, are the quests, you know, better?
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

It lasted 25 hours for me. It's more of the same mostly.

The new characters aren't that interesting. The storyline... about as good as the first one's. A bit more mistery than before, it's not THAT generic.

What matters most is that you get a new batch of skills and abilities, which are great. The gameplay's better thanks to them, you have more variety and more room for experimenting. The quests have an odd habit of ending abruptly and with low rewards. The new gameplay areas are very good.

You can't go wrong with it.

Cenerune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cenerune
Member since 2008 • 588 Posts

If you want more of it, by all means go ahead. It follows roughly the formula of the original.

It was fun but not as enjoyable as Dragon Age itself, mostly because of the new experimental dialogue system they threw in it which kinda ruined the depth of companions. Now they speak to you on some events rather than you being able to speak to them when you feel like, meaning they don't really say anything while in the camp beside a one liner so you never really get to know them that much.

There is runecrafting now, which I personally hated, good idea that was badly executed.

Other than that, it's a good game, the new skills and spells are cool and a nice addition which sadly won't work in Dragon Age campaign but it's not like it matters that much since it's all level 20+. You can socket armors with runes which is always nice and some various other little tweaks and changes.

Rheorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rheorin
Member since 2010 • 211 Posts
I wouldn't mind playing a real Wagon Age game. But at this point, I'd rather see a Bullock-Cart Simulator first. Topic - As much as I enjoyed the original, I find the expansion pack to be a bit boring and uninspired. The story and characters were not as interesting as the first. Unless you're a hardcore Wagon-head, I say skip it and wait for the inevitable sequel.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts

So no one bought it? biggest_loser

I actually just bought it.

Its pretty good, its less linear than the original game. After the initial mission youre kinda briefed on what is going on i nthe world and then given the freedom to go about it as you wish. Its kinda like Mass Effect in that regard: start at home base, go out and do stuff, report back to home base, get updated, go out and do more stuff, report back.

As with most games, though, as linearity goes down, so does focus, so the experience seems a tiny bit more diluted than the original.

I am only about three hours into it, though. The new classes and skills looks pretty sweet too, I made a two-hander warrior who just rips stuff up.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts

[QUOTE="Xxgood-timesXx"]

it sucked

dont waste, ur cash.

bonafidetk

Haven't bothered to finish it yet and propably won't. In theory it pretty much continues where you left off in the Origins, but actually feels more like a side quest or something, not meaning it's that short, just less epic and whole. Something to level your character with if that's your thing. You only get to keep one party member, and it's the worst one, that generic dwarf. And there's less interaction with them, so aside from combat it pretty much lacks that whole party aspect of the original.ManicAce

maybe it is my borderline alcoholism that makes me feel this way, but Oghren was freaking cool. He just drinks, hits on women, and makes fun of the other party members. He is great

Rheorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rheorin
Member since 2010 • 211 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="Xxgood-timesXx"] [QUOTE="ManicAce"]Haven't bothered to finish it yet and propably won't. In theory it pretty much continues where you left off in the Origins, but actually feels more like a side quest or something, not meaning it's that short, just less epic and whole. Something to level your character with if that's your thing. You only get to keep one party member, and it's the worst one, that generic dwarf. And there's less interaction with them, so aside from combat it pretty much lacks that whole party aspect of the original.mrbojangles25

maybe it is my borderline alcoholism that makes me feel this way, but Oghren was freaking cool. He just drinks, hits on women, and makes fun of the other party members. He is great

I agree, Oghren is quite cool. He actually reminded me of Chief Vitalstatistix from the Asterix comics.
pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 pilouuuu2004
Member since 2004 • 1075 Posts
Wagon Age? Really? lol
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#20 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I thought it was pretty good, same gameplay mostly but much easier. I enjoyed the story line but many of the new characters are kind of bland (with a couple of exceptions).

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
No, I haven't got Wagon Age. If you mean Dragon Age, then I got the original and the expansion and I can say the original is way better than the expansion.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 biggest_loser

Daytona_178
I call it Wagon Age because of the number of wagons in the game!! Thanks for commenting neighbour!
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
If they ever remake Oregon Trail, they need to call it Wagon Age.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

[QUOTE="Daytona_178"] I call it Wagon Age because of the number of wagons in the game!! Thanks for commenting neighbour!biggest_loser
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

biggest_loser

I call it Wagon Age because of the number of wagons in the game!! Thanks for commenting neighbour!

Sigh... keep your day job my friend. A comedian's life is just not for you.

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

They add some new types of wagons and heaps more customization. You can select how many spokes you want, material, if its steel plated and even different steeds.

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="Xxgood-timesXx"] [QUOTE="ManicAce"]Haven't bothered to finish it yet and propably won't. In theory it pretty much continues where you left off in the Origins, but actually feels more like a side quest or something, not meaning it's that short, just less epic and whole. Something to level your character with if that's your thing. You only get to keep one party member, and it's the worst one, that generic dwarf. And there's less interaction with them, so aside from combat it pretty much lacks that whole party aspect of the original.mrbojangles25

Same here. He's the only non-bisexual male party member that I would actually want to hang out with and have a beer. Sten would bore me (though I like his character) and Allistar would just annoy me.
1kalli1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1kalli1
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts

[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

biggest_loser

Wagons were needed in those days to transport more stuff...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a61a463b062f
deactivated-5a61a463b062f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5a61a463b062f
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts

Awakening is ok. The environments are absolutely amazing, but it seems like everything else was forced. For example, monsters that you can kill in one hit give you enough xp as tough generals in the vanilla dragon age. Also some of the animations were really messed up. Such as cups not showing up in joining rituals or swords not showing up during a killing blow. And there are some game breaking bugs such as losing all of your gear in the Silverite Mines that BioWare has not patched yet. I did not experience any of these bugs but they are something to pay attention to.

Awakening is definitely not as good as the original but if you're a fan of the series I recommend it. Just don't expect it to be on the same level as the original.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
lol Wagon Age, that made my day
pokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 pokobo
Member since 2004 • 3150 Posts

Just had to say that I laughed hard at Wagon Age.

Revolution_DDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Revolution_DDM
Member since 2005 • 274 Posts

If you liked the first and you want to a little more content then pick it up. It's not the best expansion ever, but it's alright. Not terrible by any means.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Yeah it awesome. It was so fun using wagons.:P

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
What the hell is wagon age?
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 biggest_loser
What the hell is wagon age?guildclaws
Thats what I call Dragon Age because of the number of wagons in the game.
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

Is Wagon Age the spiritual successor to Oregon Trail? Count me in. Hopefully I can shoot my family members FPS style to put them out of their misery if they come down with illness.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#37 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

I thought the expansion was worth it, it's not as bad as people try and portray. If you really liked dragon age you won't be disappointed.

it's hard to developed properly all new characters for a small expansion, maybe people were expected like a whole new game.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
[QUOTE="guildclaws"]What the hell is wagon age?biggest_loser
Thats what I call Dragon Age because of the number of wagons in the game.

I laugh so hard when I see this thread, wagon age: awakening :P
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Yeah I have it. Is pretty good.