whats the deal with blizzard and starcraft 2 being made free to play ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

it says first few missions are free and multiplayer is free so did i waste my money? go here https://us.battle.net/account/sc2/starter-edition/;jsessionid=D66379896D7B8E10A068B7AD4BBBB48A.blade34_03_bnet-mgmt

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

No you didn't waste your money...it's just a "demo", nothing was made free to play.

This is all it's got:

• The first four missions of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty single-player campaign, including Mar Sara 1-3 and the choice to embark on Tychus's first mission or Dr. Hansen's first mission.
  • The first two Challenges: Tactical Command and Covert Ops.
  • Access to the terran race in Custom Games and Single-Player vs. AI.
  • Access to the following custom maps (map selection may rotate over time):
  • Xel'Naga Caverns
  • Shattered Temple
  • Discord IV
  • High Orbit

As for Custom games except those 4 maps, starter can play on the Blizz mods, Left 2 Die, etc.

Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts
it says multi player support & couple of friends wanna download it just for that while the website doesnt say it will allow multiplayer matches !!! any clues ?? its nearly 7 gb so they wanna know for sure !!!
Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

blizzard should be ashamed, the 4 guys making this "demo" could have been helping finish Dialbo 3 for xmas, SHAME ON U!!! :P

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
It's the entire game with almost all content locked, they did it like that for players that might consider buying SC 2, after that they just unlock all features and game on. And the website says it allows multiplayer matches, that's where I got the things I posted. You can play online only with Terrans on those 4 maps only and mods you get to choose 1 of the 3 or 4 that Blizzard made.